Key West question

Noxequifans

Next month the Riveria will stop in Key West and will dock at the outer mole. I understand that is on military property and a trolley will take you to the gate of the facility. For those who have docked here, are there cabs at the gate or have you just walked the distance to Duval St?

Last time we docked there, the procedure to leave on the trolley and then go back on the trolley was almost like airport security. We certainly were not allowed to walk to the ship. We weren't allowed any drinks on the trolley, and we couldn't get off the trolley until told to. I think it's because the trolley goes through a military-like facility and the rules are strict. I didn't see any cabs either.

Hope that helps. :D

Next month the Riveria will stop in Key West and will dock at the outer mole. I understand that is on military property and a trolley will take you to the gate of the facility. For those who have docked here, are there cabs at the gate or have you just walked the distance to Duval St?

A trolley will drop you dead-square in the middle of the action - No need for a cab unless you want to venture out of the tourist area which there is little reason if only there for 1/2 day or so... You pick up the same trolley to return to the ship. You are traveling through the US Navy Base and will need to show ID and your cruise card before being allowed to board the trolley. They run every 5-10 minutes when it's busy (and every 15 or so when less busy).