Curious about soda package and UBP promo

Freckle53

We booked last week through a 3rd party under the KSF and Freestyle Plus promo. When booking, the agent said that because I was using their promo (no deposit), only the adults in the cabin would get the UBP and the kids wouldn't get the soda package. Not sure why, but wasn't a big deal, though now I'm wondering if that isn't the case.

In my reservation at NCL's site, I see where I can purchase the dining packages for each person, but that's it. If my kids don't have a beverage package, shouldn't I also see an option to purchase one for them in the same place? I'm wondering if, in fact, they do have the soda package. Our cruise is a looooong time away, so this is far from urgent or a big deal.

My other related question is can the soda package be purchased for only 1 kid (out of 2) if it ends up not being included in my reservation? My kids will be 11 and 3 on the cruise and the 3 year old will most definitely not be drinking any sort of soda. I've seen conflicting info on this.

Can't help you with your reservation questions but yes, after getting onboard you can buy just as many soda packages as you want - no rules for it being needed for everyone etc. Prepurchasing online the system requires it to be bought for everyone for some reason.

Edited by Demonyte

We booked last week through a 3rd party under the KSF and Freestyle Plus promo. When booking, the agent said that because I was using their promo (no deposit), only the adults in the cabin would get the UBP and the kids wouldn't get the soda package. Not sure why, but wasn't a big deal, though now I'm wondering if that isn't the case.

In my reservation at NCL's site, I see where I can purchase the dining packages for each person, but that's it. If my kids don't have a beverage package, shouldn't I also see an option to purchase one for them in the same place? I'm wondering if, in fact, they do have the soda package. Our cruise is a looooong time away, so this is far from urgent or a big deal.

My other related question is can the soda package be purchased for only 1 kid (out of 2) if it ends up not being included in my reservation? My kids will be 11 and 3 on the cruise and the 3 year old will most definitely not be drinking any sort of soda. I've seen conflicting info on this.

I believe that you can only buy the soda package on the ship, not in advance. There will be a booth where you pay and get the sticker once on board. The soda package is NOT like the UBP. You can purchase it for only a single person in a cabin without issue. Hope this helps.

6&8

I believe that you can only buy the soda package on the ship, not in advance. There will be a booth where you pay and get the sticker once on board. The soda package is NOT like the UBP. You can purchase it for only a single person in a cabin without issue. Hope this helps.

6&8

Beverages packages can be purchased pre cruise, including the soda package. I intend to buy ours online.

NCL website says applicable beverage package must be purchased for everyone in the cabin. When I select UBP both adults are charged for that and our teen gets the soda package. If I buy soda package all three passengers are included in the total. It is an all or none option.

It is possible that your TA shared incorrect information with you. Check your totals to see if it is charged to you or complimentary, but they should automatically be signed up for the soda package.

Edited by Nola26

NCL website says applicable beverage package must be purchased for everyone in the cabin. When I select UBP both adults are charged for that and our teen gets the soda package. If I buy soda package all three passengers are included in the total. It is an all or none option.

Only online. There is no such restriction for soda package when purchasing it onboard. (Of course it's different if soda package is purchased because somebody purchases UBP - but with promo UBP there is no such restriction either.)

Thank you everyone! All it says is Adult Beverage Package under our info on amenities on the NCL site.

I guess I will wait and see when we get on the ship 9,000 years from now and buy it for the bigger kid then if he doesn't get it automatically. If I have to get it for both, that'll be a no go for either of them. As it is, it'd be a treat for the 11 year old.

Thank you everyone! All it says is Adult Beverage Package under our info on amenities on the NCL site.

That's all ours says too and we were told our son will get the soda package. I don't know how they could give you the adult beverage package and not the kids soda. I thought it was all one in the same. You could call NCL and see what they say. Good luck.

IF you book today, the first and second adults in a cabin get the ultimate drink package and the kids would all get soda packages. I got something from NCL today that states the third and fourth persons in a cabin sail free plus the beverage package. You might be able to cancel and book through NCL or a good TA.

That's all ours says too and we were told our son will get the soda package. I don't know how they could give you the adult beverage package and not the kids soda. I thought it was all one in the same. You could call NCL and see what they say. Good luck.

Ours shows that too. I have the added luxury though of my wife being my TA and logged into the TA site and it shows the kids soda next to their names. Just contact your TA or PCC and they should be able to email your confirmation to you and it will be on there.

Only online. There is no such restriction for soda package when purchasing it onboard. (Of course it's different if soda package is purchased because somebody purchases UBP - but with promo UBP there is no such restriction either.)

Really? Is that true for all Norwegian cruises? I ask because neither my wife nor I drink alcohol, but I am addicted to diet soda. She hates soda and only drinks water. I was planning on bringing a bunch of cans on board to sustain me during the cruise because I thought both of us would have to buy the soda package, but if I'm able to purchase it alone after we board that would save me a lot of hassle.

Can I just confirm that what you're saying is that you can buy just one soda package on board, and that it's applicable on all Norwegian cruises? We're departing May 7th on the Pearl from Vancouver.

Thanks!

Really? Is that true for all Norwegian cruises? I ask because neither my wife nor I drink alcohol, but I am addicted to diet soda. She hates soda and only drinks water. I was planning on bringing a bunch of cans on board to sustain me during the cruise because I thought both of us would have to buy the soda package, but if I'm able to purchase it alone after we board that would save me a lot of hassle.

Can I just confirm that what you're saying is that you can buy just one soda package on board, and that it's applicable on all Norwegian cruises? We're departing May 7th on the Pearl from Vancouver.

I have never purchased a soda package but based on multiple posts I've read here, yes you should be able to purchase the package only for you after boarding - you can do that in any bar if you don't see a table set up or it has too long queue to it.

Also if you look at NCL's Gifts & More pages, you can see that soda packages listed there don't have the same notice about everyone in the cabin needing to buy it as the alcoholic drink package does (link takes you to the soda package, alcohol package is just above it):

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#adult

Hope this helps! :)

If you booked under the Freestyle Plus promo then along with your alcohol package, you also get the soda package for the child. There should be a code on your reservation/amenity confirmation along the lines of CHOOB or something like that. Ask your TA for an amenity confirmation.

To the other question, the soda package can be purchased for as many or few as you choose. There is no requirement similar to the alcohol package.