LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

I hope we have as lovely weather in 3 weeks as you're having!

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I'm feeling less buyer's remorse for reserving that over-the-water cabana! I'm taking my daughter, who hasn't been on a RC cruise since 2010, and her friend, who has NEVER cruised before, on a 5-day on Liberty. Both 21 and on spring break from college. :eek: Thought it would be nice to get a cabana.

Drew's show has been a hit on the Freedom for several years. I'm quite sure you will see him in May [emoji4] Drew mentioned he may pop in here and say hello..... watch for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful, thanks so much! So glad you're enjoying your cruise. :)

Edited by ciera123

Hi Shar, you, me, Robyn and Tom.....just like old times. The Indy??? need the date to start looking for a great room.

Would love to get together. Let me know.

Hugs

Yay! That would be a blast!!!! We are on the Indy B2B November 16th and 21st, both 5 night cruises[emoji3]

I hope we have as lovely weather in 3 weeks as you're having!

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I'm feeling less buyer's remorse for reserving that over-the-water cabana! I'm taking my daughter, who hasn't been on a RC cruise since 2010, and her friend, who has NEVER cruised before, on a 5-day on Liberty. Both 21 and on spring break from college. :eek: Thought it would be nice to get a cabana.

Jules you will love the cabana! Yes, it's expensive but it's a wonderful way to spend a day on Labadee if you can swing it.5e567bb333364d95e851229d94313431.jpg

Here's a reminder for you!

Eagerly following along. Will be on Freedom in October. Was on Oasis and Allure the last four cruises, so are visually making the transition back to Freedom. You are answering so many of my questions. Good to know that reservations for entertainment are not necessary.

Enjoy the remainder! Happy cruisin'!

Macy

Good afternoon from the beautiful Freedom of the Seas! It has been a gorgeous day weather wise - it started out a bit cool early this morning, but turned into brilliant sunshine as the day went on.

Just so we are clear, my DH does not attend the M&M, therefore he is sitting at our deck chairs the whole time. The hogs were out bright and early, towels and sunglasses abounding on all sorts of chairs :cool: I'm not sure what really can be done about chair hogs, other than actually confronting them, or removing their stuff if you know for sure they have been gone longer than 30 minutes. There are signs all over the place stating items will be removed from chairs after 30 minutes.

Today the Captain's Corner was scheduled for the same time as the M&M - I went to the M&M and won a very cool prize for my desk at work

081_zpse0gn6c1h.jpg

This is the first time I won anything at a M&M! I also won 30 minutes of free internet, but I already bought the unlimited package, so.....:rolleyes:

I won this the same time I won the 64meg stick and I do use this

Robyn,

Have their been regular announcements (Captain and CD) on the Freedom? I saw you mentioned something about first day. I was just checking to see if anything had changed. Enjoy the rest of the cruise!

No announcements. No Captain's noon report. Nothing. It actually feels weird that I'm not hearing any announcements! Not even bingo, bingo bingo!

I won this the same time I won the 64meg stick and I do use this

I will most definitely use mine. It will sit on my desk at work [emoji3]and remind me of cruising as the snow falls gently outside my window!!!!!

No announcements. No Captain's noon report. Nothing. It actually feels weird that I'm not hearing any announcements! Not even bingo, bingo bingo!

That sucks. Maybe some ships do it differently.

I'm living vicariously through your report, as we leave on the Allure in 18 days. It won't be the same cruise unless I get a "Good Morning! Good Morning! Good Morning!" from Captain Johnny.

Thanks for the quick response, though!

Edited by EMBFlyer

Loving your report. Especially here in the Cincinnati area where the air temperature (not wind chill) will be in the negative teens later this week.

My six-year old granddaughter has a question regarding the magic show. Does he accept volunteers from the audience? Because, she wants to volunteer. As long as it's not a disappearing act.

Loving your report. Especially here in the Cincinnati area where the air temperature (not wind chill) will be in the negative teens later this week.

My six-year old granddaughter has a question regarding the magic show. Does he accept volunteers from the audience? Because, she wants to volunteer. As long as it's not a disappearing act.

There is a part of the show where Drew will go out into the audience and pull a volunteer to assist with a magic trick. Maybe your granddaughter will be the lucky one?!

Tonight was also the Battle of the Sexes Game Show - it was hysterically funny! I guess it all depends on audience participation, and we must have been a pretty great audience! :p

I was invited to a cocktail party for suite guests hosted by the Captain and the Hotel Director this evening, but I didn't go......I also have the opportunity to choose a behind the scenes tour of the Bridge, Galley or Theatre.....but I've been there and done that, so I will skip it this time. As well, because I am over 350 cruise points I can have a meal with an officer - I am skipping that too :eek:

Here is another Labadee picture

Labadee%20046_zpsituykbbd.jpg

We've done the Meal With an Officer on Freedom a few times -- it is a nice breakfast with a good menu. It used to be D and up and then D+ and up. They limit it now to 340 cruise points and it is a smaller event.

I guess the Captain is Ron Holmes. Is Michael Rasmussen the HD?