question about over the door shoe organizer

Going on the dream and bought a couple over the door shoe organizers from walmart. They are the ones that have clear pockets with the white square hooks. I was curious if anyone has ever tried to hang these on the closet doors and if the doors would stay shut properly???

Any other suggestions appreciated.

YES, I bought the same product at Walmart and it works great, I only used 2 of the white J hooks as the door has some hanging hooks on it, the product will hang ok, just slip the side under the door handle on the inside. It worked out perfect for us.

Paul

yah! awesome news. Thanks. I know it seems silly but we will have 5 in a room for the first time ever, so im already trying to prepare for this by taking all of your organizational tips.

If it's 5 girls good luck.

I've always used over bathroom door and it works perfectly

Yep, mine came with a travel organizer that I have, but mine fits over the bathroom door! I love it. I wish we had owned it when we sailed on the Ecstasy... oh my, now those bathrooms are tiny!!

Over the door shoe holder and pop up laundry baskets have been the 2 best investments I ever made for cruising! Really. We hang ours on the closet door, and have never had a problem closing the door.

When we went to Alaska, the over the door shoe holder held gloves, scarves, hats, ear coverups, collapsible umbrellas, binoculars, and all the toiletries we had. In warmer weather sailings they held sunscreen, collapsible umbrellas, and stuff I can't even remember, as well as all the toiletries we had.

pop up hampers?

What I did in the past was take large outdoor black trash bags and the dry dirty laundry went in there. I did laundry halfway through... only ended up being a load or two... then on the last day I did laundry... again, only a load or two. I then threw away the black trash bags and packed my clothes all clean and fresh so when I got home they got a little spray of downy wrinkle releaser and went straight back to the closets.

I don't know if I would really use the pop up hampers... but have you guys ever taken the collapsible cubes? storage bins? I was considering this.....

I love my pop up hampers. They fit nicely in the bottom of our suitcase and take up no room. I put them in the corner of the room. On the last day, I open a few suitcases (there are 4-5 of us) and sort the laundry as I am packing so when I get home, the dirty stuff is ready to be put in the washer. All the clean clothes goes together.

yah! awesome news. Thanks. I know it seems silly but we will have 5 in a room for the first time ever, so im already trying to prepare for this by taking all of your organizational tips.

We did 5 of us to an inside cabin for our first cruise. We used 2 over the door shoe holders-- one inside the bathroom and one outside the bathroom

Unpack everything- do not live out of suitcases. Store empty luggage inside of each other under the bed. Store dirty clothes in one empty suitcase.

Use the outside shoe holder for stuff that would mindlessly get placed on the small vanity top. Do not allow the cabin to get cluttered because it will close in on you by midweek

Utilize the showers in the gym / spa area

I've had mine since 2003 and used on 20 cruises! It works great! The only thing I have noticed is that sometimes the little hooks it comes with don't fit very well on the door (even though I only use 2 of them). So the last time I brought twine, laced it through the hook holes and then tied it to the towel rack on the opposite side of the bathroom door. This kept it in place better and the door wasn't as hard to shut!

I've always used it in bathroom, never thought of the closet doors. But work great in bathroom. Instead of pop up laundry I buy those large zip lock bags, they are really big and have a handle on them, for dirty clothes. End of cruise you zip them up and it usually fits in our medium bag, which is now empty of clean clothes, and no mixing of clean/dirty clothes..

My over the door organizer used to be almost as long as the door. I think it was 27 pockets back then, but I shortened and hemmed it to 9 pockets and it works great. I put mine inside the bathroom door as that's where I used most of the stuff.

I always travel with a pop-up laundry basket and keep it in one closet.

The stateroom is so small that I have to keep it tidy or I'll go mad.

I never use the shoe organizer. But I did start putting many of my smaller things in 9 x 12 ziplock bags. Keeps my drawers and storage areas a lot more organized and easier to find what I need.

I used one for all camera things, one for odds and ends, one for socks, one for undies, etc. Sure helped!

I just use a large kitchen sized plastic trash bag in the closet to throw my dirty clothes in. Works for me! I try not to bring anymore than I absolutely have to. I used to bring lots of things I thought I would be needing, but never touched the entire cruise. We travel pretty light these days and it works for us!

pop up hampers?

What I did in the past was take large outdoor black trash bags and the dry dirty laundry went in there. I did laundry halfway through... only ended up being a load or two... then on the last day I did laundry... again, only a load or two. I then threw away the black trash bags and packed my clothes all clean and fresh so when I got home they got a little spray of downy wrinkle releaser and went straight back to the closets.

I don't know if I would really use the pop up hampers... but have you guys ever taken the collapsible cubes? storage bins? I was considering this.....

I use a collapsible bin from the dollar store to hold all the papers, charger cables, trinkets and stuff that likes to run rampant on the desk. It keeps the room neat and frees up desk/counter space, plus makes it easier to find the stuff DH always dumps from his pockets after returning from port. When it comes time to pack, the bin folds flat and goes into the suitcase without taking up any space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk