New Cruiser - Prices

Londongirl8

New to cruising and going to book a 7night Norwegian fjords on the Azura in July. We have to book I think its called Select as we need choose cabin (Limited Mobility so need to be near lifts) and be able to choose a dining time (Cant eat late due to health problems). As new cruisers you don't know if the price they are giving you is good or not. They are saying £1499pp plus £370 on board spend for a deluxe balcony room, you can choose cabin and dining etc. Can anyone tell me if this is good or if its best to wait awhile for offers or do you find that the if the prices reduce you cant select cabins, dining etc.

I would suggest that if you are happy with the price and you need a specific cabin, that I would book now. At the moment P&O are doing double on board spend, does this apply to your cruise? If you wait, you may not get the cabin that you want, which could be an issue if you need to be near the lifts etc. I booked a cruise recently and had been watching it and one other cruise for a couple of weeks. It was interesting to see how things were changing price wise so regularly. In the end, we decided to book the cruise and the onboard spend has now gone down, therefore we're glad we did. I think that if you are happy with the price, go for it, even if it does go down you have to think that you may not have got the room etc and if you were happy to pay the price, then it is not worth worrying too much. Enjoy your cruise :)

New to cruising and going to book a 7night Norwegian fjords on the Azura in July. We have to book I think its called Select as we need choose cabin (Limited Mobility so need to be near lifts) and be able to choose a dining time (Cant eat late due to health problems). As new cruisers you don't know if the price they are giving you is good or not. They are saying £1499pp plus £370 on board spend for a deluxe balcony room, you can choose cabin and dining etc. Can anyone tell me if this is good or if its best to wait awhile for offers or do you find that the if the prices reduce you cant select cabins, dining etc.

You need to speak to a good TA as by now the cabins you require may have gone and booking a Select fare may not get you what you want. The price you are looking at does seem a bit high.

That looks expensive. I have just booked a 7night trip to Norway on Caribbean Princess (same as Azura) in August chosen balcony cabin £979pp plus $240pp on board credit.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

Sounds a little bit pricey to me (though the OBC is not bad if you will use it). As you say you can't use the savers because of your mobility/health issues.

I would say that you would have a good chance of getting a lower price, but of course the longer you leave it the less choice of cabin you will have. Early dining you should get on Select whenever you book it as tables are allocated fairly late.

Looking at the prices on P&O looks like you have a "Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabin". Would you be okay with a Balcony cabin ? We've been in both, and the difference is a bit of extra space and a few bits and bobs, I'm not sure I'd pay the £400-£500 extra though for this.

That's sounds about the right price for a 7 nighter on Azura in a Superior deluxe on select price. I paid £1350 (iro) for the same length cruise on Azura in same cabin type in June last year with £250 OBC.

I think the superior deluxe cabins are well worth the extra. These cabins on Azura are much bigger and the balconies are a reasonable size. Get quite a few extra bits too.

I would go for it if you are happy to spend that kind of money, and enjoy it!

Hi...price does seem a little high...I would look at the price of a standard balcony cabin....choose one on C deck because you get a huge balcony...unless you specifically want a bath then you will need to go for a superior deluxe...but you could wait to see if price drops but then again OBC will probably drop as well and you may not be able to get a cabin/dining time that suits your needs

That is somewhat pricey. There is a lot of capacity on P&O this year from Southampton. For a fjords 7 nighter I would to pay around £700 for a balcony and £900 a Superior deluxe balcony as maximums. More than that, look at Princess or Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. Price went up £50 yesterday so made the decision to book. Shall be cross if prices now fall will be just my luck if that happens. Got the superior deluxe on D deck midship on select for £1425 discounted from £1549 was £1499 with £370 each on board spend so brought the cost down to just over £1000 if you take on onboard spend off. My first cruise so its a bit of a learning curve with this. I hope I am going to like it, I get sea sick on a ferry really bad. So its onto the next thing now finding travel insurance any good reliable ones for pre existing conditions?

Thanks for all the replies. Price went up £50 yesterday so made the decision to book. Shall be cross if prices now fall will be just my luck if that happens. Got the superior deluxe on D deck midship on select for £1425 discounted from £1549 was £1499 with £370 each on board spend so brought the cost down to just over £1000 if you take on onboard spend off. My first cruise so its a bit of a learning curve with this. I hope I am going to like it, I get sea sick on a ferry really bad. So its onto the next thing now finding travel insurance any good reliable ones for pre existing conditions?

Try Saga, Staysure, AgeUk, Miaonline. A lot depends on the actual conditions so hard to compare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it this one? Prices seem lower than what you were quoted.

http://www.pocruises.com/a516/mode-cabins/?search=true

my mum has just been on the Azura, she can get sea sick but she never felt sea sick on the Azura. She described the movement like being on a train. They've just been on a two week Caribbean cruise.

Edited by Wiz201

Thanks for the link Wiz201 its that price from word when you click through pages to pick your cabin on Select its £30 different. Would have been worth the saving but its for the 4/7 not 25/7. But thanks for looking it up for me. I had to pay more as I really wanted to be midship by the lifts for my mobility problems and I have been told if you get sea sick its the best place to be.