Celebrity Summit Sky Deck Aft Cabin

Deanie

We are presently booked in 9160 for a Hawaiian 15 night cruise. We have a couple of questions:

What about noise from the Waterfall Grill above? What time does the Grill open and close?

The balcony area looks bigger. Is it less windy than a side balcony or moreso?

What about motion at the back? We've heard it can be pretty bad and have always been midship and on a deck lower down.

Any advice would be appreciated as we also have 9150 booked for relatives and we are trying to determine which would be best for each of us.

Thanks so much!!

We loved the aft cabin we had on the Hawaii cruise (9162 next door)! Yes, you can hear some noise from the Waterfall Grill, but we never found it annoying. Mostly, we would hear chairs scraping at mealtimes and then it was only on the balcony, never in the room.

The balcony is huge and there is much less wind than on the sides of the ship. It does not get sun all day because of the overhang, though depending on the direction of travel there is sun near the end of the balcony if you want sunbathe. The balcony has 2 regular chairs, a small dining table, 2 chaise longes and side tables. Wonderful!

There was a lot of motion the first day of the cruise and a lot of people were seasick the first day, but that was a problem all over the ship. Yes, there is a bit more up and down motion back there but it is not horrendous.

Those are coveted cabins and you are lucky. Go for it!!

Linda

Thanks Linda! I think we will take it.

Do you have any other advice regarding this Hawaiian cruise? While cruising isn't new to us - we've only been on 3, 7 night ones which is why we thought a balcony would be nice.

I really appreciate your reply. Thanks again!

We were fortunate enough to land 9162 aft cabin on Millie in the Med. this past May.....all I can say is: give me an aft cabin and I don't care WHERE the ship is going! It really will spoil you for future bookings.

The rail is plexiglass . No problems enjoying the view while reclining on your lounge chair!

Verandas on the sides are nice - but windy and small - the aft cabin we had we huge, not windy and just made a great cruise something very special. In fact, we're booked on Summit Hawaii Circle next year and I'm serious thinking about cancelling and rebooking something else if an aft cabin doesn't free up.

Lucky, lucky you! Have a great time.

Linda one more question - is the railing metal or plexiglass - can you see through it? I was on one that was a metal railing and only had a couple little holes to see the ocean. Thanks again!

Here is the stern of the Infinity-same as Summit. You can see that the cabins next to the white "bathtubs" (corner FV) have the clear plexiglass.

7587.jpg

had it on Infinity last December which we enjoyed the guitarist from upstairs who added some great background to our relaxing lounge watching the wake behind the ship, now again for TC on Summit in November & then we do 7th deck for Alaska so we are closer to the water for our humpbacks, as you see by the photo I was given with a smile, and the great gentleman whot took it. Just like our videos from Maui. So after playing with them big boys & their gals for 2 weeks, we saw a video by the Pacific whale foundation of how the starve in Hawaii & feast non stop in Alaska with bubble nets to trap the fish they will do group inhaling of. With those HUGE mouths too!

Sea sick, never fear - BONNE IS HERE! Great fruitflavored pill you disolve in your mouth each morning before coffee on the balcony & the great CC breakfast out there too on a dressed table. Feel like millionairres! With the pill you are set for 24 hours.

Deanie ~ you've made the right choice. These are the best cabins we've stayed in (and we've been in three of them on various cruises).

Texed ~ I can't beliebe you are going on another cruise without us!!!!!

Have a great cruise and Deanie....be sure to go join the roll call!

:)

Here is the stern of the Infinity-same as Summit. You can see that the cabins next to the white "bathtubs" (corner FV) have the clear plexiglass.
Never mind... got myself confused about what plex we were talking about. The one between the cabins is translucent. The one below the railing is clear.

We are presently booked in 9160 for a Hawaiian 15 night cruise. We have a couple of questions:

What about noise from the Waterfall Grill above? What time does the Grill open and close?

You're not actually under the grill, but you are under the aft deck behind it. In the evenings, they roll up the carpets (figuratively speaking) at about 11:30pm, and at that time, you may hear them rearranging the chairs for the next morning. Not much of a deal, really.

The balcony area looks bigger. Is it less windy than a side balcony or moreso?

"Huge" would be a decent description for them. It's substantially less windy -- unless you leave your cabin door open, at which point you can turn the whole thing into a real wind tunnel at times! Great view, just the right amount of breeze for us.

What about motion at the back? We've heard it can be pretty bad and have always been midship and on a deck lower down.

We tend to cruise in decent weather, but even when things were a bit rougher, the motion wasn't really any more than we noted elsewhere in the ship.

Any advice would be appreciated as we also have 9150 booked for relatives and we are trying to determine which would be best for each of us.

Now there's a much tougher question. Just how much do you love these relatives? Enough to give up 9160 in trade for 9150? We actually schedule cruises on the M-Class ships around the availability of the aft CC cabins, if that tells you anything -- especially on a longer itinerary, and yours is certainly that. You'll find entire threads dedicated to discussion of them if you search. Check the links in the signature line below for pictures if you like. One of the FV veranda shots is actually better, and it's the same as the one for 9160.

Archived