Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

There are no shows though as we did special events everything. The charity auction, a price is right, and last night was Coach Meyer and Kirk Herbstreit doing a one on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain and Cruise Director just made announcements. They said the fog is going to continue till at least 1 AM EST. They have deferred our arrival into Tampa till tomorrow morning.

They are making arrangements for dinner and now a Buckeye Karaoke for entertainment with all the athletes on board so it will be interesting to watch AJ Hawk, Raymont Harris, Dane, and crew sing for our entertainment.

My daughter is was supposed to board today. She already turned in their luggage. Does anyone know how to go about getting it back for the night?

I'm sure she is not alone in needing luggage, and they will be notified if/when they will get it back.

First time cruising out of Tampa. Luckily we gave ourselves a few days to get back. I'm checking with my credit card company to see what my travel protection benefits are. It wouldn't be too terrible to be in Tampa another day.

And yes, it is the Buckeye Cruise. I hate the Buckeyes and all they stand for, but even I feel bad for the folks on the ship.

Hi, I'm a devoted Buckeye fan & can understand why you hate our team after Wisconsin lost 59-0 when OSU played your team. We have a team that really worked together this season & coaches who prepared the players to do what they did this year, win the 1st National Championship!! Our teams are both in the Big Ten Conference & I can't understand you wouldn't be glad that the Big Ten showed we have teams that can compete with the SEC, etc. now after years of being looked down on. Don't feel bad about the OSU passengers I'm sure they are enjoying the extra time together as we are a great community of fans! Linda

I will say while we bleed Scarlet and Grey, Coach Meyer did give Nick Saban and Bama due credit as the bar that OSU had to rise to for a chance to compete. It was very class act of him to acknowledge those who you have to rise to the level of to become better in your own right.

Hi, I'm a devoted Buckeye fan & can understand why you hate our team after Wisconsin lost 59-0 when OSU played your team. We have a team that really worked together this season & coaches who prepared the players to do what they did this year, win the 1st National Championship!! Our teams are both in the Big Ten Conference & I can't understand you wouldn't be glad that the Big Ten showed we have teams that can compete with the SEC, etc. now after years of being looked down on. Don't feel bad about the OSU passengers I'm sure they are enjoying the extra time together as we are a great community of fans! Linda

I'm a Michigan grad. I'm not too worried about anything these days. :)

And I actually cheered for OSU in the championship game. My dad grew up in Zanesville and is a die-hard OSU fan. If you read the rest of the thread and other threads about this specific cruise, you'd know I was joking.

Edited by bluegirlum

I will say while we bleed Scarlet and Grey, Coach Meyer did give Nick Saban and Bama due credit as the bar that OSU had to rise to for a chance to compete. It was very class act of him to acknowledge those who you have to rise to the level of to become better in your own right.

Yes they(Bama) did set the bar high but you know as a Buckeye fan our team played their hearts out together & each game got better & better, even after a 3rd string quarterback came in. This season I feel has to be the best one ever. Enjoy your extra day of cruising & go Bucks! Linda

I'm a Michigan grad. I'm not too worried about anything these days. :)

And I actually cheered for OSU in the championship game. My dad grew up in Zanesville and is a die-hard OSU fan. If you read the rest of the thread and other threads about this specific cruise, you'd know I was joking.

- Linda

I just flew into TPA at 3-3:30, bright clear sky. Taxi driver said port was shut down due to fog. When we got out to Clearwater/Sand Key, socked in hard, and it is now past the normal "burn off" time, so I would suspect that the tomorrow morning is optimistic, sorry.

So where does everyone on the next sailing stay tonight? Does RCI pay for it?

I've never been in this situation, so don't know if RCI will be re-imbursing people for hotels & food or not...I know they have in the past for hurricane delays...but if not, it's another good reason to have trip insurance.

Fog is really worse than this morning when we got the notice we were delayed with fog. We have picked up a few more ships around us. Can't see them but the rotating every few minutes of fog horns makes it clear that there are two / three other ships with us. Don't know if they are cruise ships or others.

Really a bad situation and I can't imagine anything worse that being stuck on a ship with a bunch of Buckeyes :eek:

I don't think it looks for tomorrow either so I f eel bad for everyone on board and those waiting to sail :D Vacation time is so precious.

GO BLUE!!!!