Pregant - what letter I need from the doctor?

dprinzessin

Hi all,

perhaps someone can help me here. I'm from Germany and I booked a cruise in two weeks with Princess. Now I'm pregnant and I get the information, that I need a letter from my doctor for the cruiseline, that everything is fine and I can go on the cruise.

My problem is, that my English isn't so good, my doctor won't write a letter in English and the cruisline need it in English. Is there anyone here, who can help me in this case?:confused:

Best regards from Germany

Denise

Because if their is an issue, the medical staff might deal with it differently, if an emergency. The med staff NEEDS to know this.

If the Doctor is willing, this is sample text of the type of letter you need him to sign (you can probably just use it, but there may be something specific to Germany I am not aware of):

To whom it may concern:

This is to certify that (passenger name) will be in her (number)week of pregnancy on (date of cruise).

I further certify that the pregnancy is progressing normally and that she is fit to travel.

(Doctors Signature)

(Date)

(Physician Contact Info)

This can be sent over prior. If there are special needs, he can list those as well and the line can decide if any issues.

How far along are you? Are you showing? If not, in two weeks, no one would be the wiser. So just go as normal, why add the stress?

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

You may have already seen this on the Frequently Asked Questions on the Princess web site:

Pregnant women are not allowed to sail if they are entering the 24th week of their pregnancy by the last day of the cruise.

All pregnant women are required to produce a physician’s letter stating that mother and baby are in good health, fit to travel and the pregnancy is not high risk. The letter must also include the estimated date of delivery (EDD) calculated from both Last Menstrual Period (LMP) and ultrasound (if performed).

Please fax your physician letter to the Fleet Medical Department confidential fax at (661) 753-0121.

So the letter can be short and sweet: (Your Name) will be in her (insert number) week of pregnancy on (insert cruise date). She is in good health, fit to travel and not high risk. The estimated date of delivery calculated from her last menstrual cycle is (insert due date). This has/has not been confirmed by ultrasound.

Good luck - and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks a lot for your help. This is all what I need. I was pregnant 6 years before and I had no problem with the cruise, but I didn't know if I had such a note from the doctor at this time. Now I will be only in the 10 week, nobody will see the pregnancy, but I won't have any risk, that I can't go on the ship.