UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

Heading out from Tampa on the Star next Sunday and accidentally came across this thread!!! OMG you are all soooooo awesome! We have the UBP and we don't drink much except on vacation. We took the UBP Promo with our booking mainly thinking we would have the wine with dinner and some drinks at the shows. NOW- I am going armed with this fantastic list. Hope I remember the cruise when I get home!!!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
I had the list on my phone and pulled it up in front of the bartenders. They got a kick out of it and fixed everything I asked for. Loved it!!!!:)

Glad you enjoyed using the list. Bartenders on my Escape cruise had the same reaction by the way. They loved it. Most of them wanted to make copies! :D

We fell in love with "mules" on our recent Getaway cruise. Moscow mules, of course, but also Irish Mules, Scottish Mules, Tennessee Mules and lots of other drinks that didn't have "mule" in the name, but essentially had the same base ingredients -- liquor, muddled lime, mint (sometimes) and ginger beer (often served with candied ginger).

I actually carried our list with us on the getaway, quite a few drinks they didn't seen to know how to make. Our favorite was the raspberry quava mojito, yummmmmmm and the bushwacker was a repeat drink or three or four lol. we had a ball trying the different drinks, and I am sure I may get some flack for this, but they were all really heavy pourers and some drinks were just to strong to enjoy. for instance I got a bloody mary 3/4 easy was vodka and ice and maybe 3 oz of tomato juice, I had to ask for a glass of juice on the side. I am glad I had the package because I would of wasted money on some drinks that were just too strong, and its not me being a wimp our entire group made comments about it and we are far from being old and we like to throw back some drinks, now granted I don't want watered down either. i'm sure it won't be long and ncl will come out with measured pours due to the beverage package and then i'll be annoyed about them being too weak.

• 2 weeks later...

We have never cruised with NCL before but we have the UBP thrown in with our cruise this year. I assumed that on the package you could only have the cocktails listed on the menu but, from reading this list, it appears that I am wrong. Can we order any cocktail (provided the barman knows how to make it)?

Are there any bars that are better than others on board for getting cocktails made (The RCCI ships have excellent cocktail bars with very knowlegable bar staff)?

Ideally, would love a Singapore Sling made the traditional way...

30-35ml Gin

15ml Cherry Heering (or cherry brandy at a push)

7.5ml Benedictine

120ml Pineapple Juice

15ml Lime Juice

5-10ml Grenadine

A few dashes of Angostura Bitters

A shed load of ice

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Burgmeister

Just found this today. This is a great thread. Thanks to the OP for creating.

Two drinks that I love that I haven't seen on the list are

1) Hummingbird - 1 oz bananas, 1 oz coconut cream, 1 oz creme de bananes,

1 oz rum, 1/2 oz Tia Maria® coffee liqueur, 1 oz strawberries and crushed ice

2) Coco-Loco - 1 oz dark rum, 1 oz light rum, 1/2 oz vodka,

1/2 oz creme de bananes, 1/2 oz pineapple juice, 1/2 oz coconut cream and

1/2 oz sugar syrup

I can't wait to try some of the other drinks on the list.

Didn't see anyone mention this, and since the OP mentioned a Manhattan...

It's not a pool drink, but for anyone who likes whiskey/bourbon, try the Elder Fashion. I've only had it at the Sunset Bar on the Getaway, but I'm sure other ships have it. It's basically an Old Fashioned, but with added St. Germain elderflower liquor, and it is :D:D:D Would sit and drink them all night. Enjoy!

We fell in love with "mules" on our recent Getaway cruise. Moscow mules, of course, but also Irish Mules, Scottish Mules, Tennessee Mules and lots of other drinks that didn't have "mule" in the name, but essentially had the same base ingredients -- liquor, muddled lime, mint (sometimes) and ginger beer (often served with candied ginger).

Certain bar that was serving mules? I love trying different ones...menu on ship somewhere?

do they have stoli orange or grery goose orange on the breakaway or any of the NCL ships? would that be included with the UBP?

I'll have to have some fruity cruising vacationy drinks, but id enjoy a few of my go to cocktail every now and then. orange vodka and tonic or sprite/diet sprite.

Certain bar that was serving mules? I love trying different ones...menu on ship somewhere?

We saw them on several menus and then we started ordering off menu when we knew that they had all of the ingredients available. Atrium bar, Sunset bar and Sugarcane Mojito bar were our favorites.

Edited: before ordering a mule from any bar, check for the presence of a muddler. If the bar does not have a muddler, they are likely using lime juice rather than freshly muddled limes. The pool bar, for example, can make a Moscow mule...but they taste terrible in comparison to what you can find elsewhere!

Edited by Pitzel

do they have stoli orange or grery goose orange on the breakaway or any of the NCL ships? would that be included with the UBP?

I can't tell you 100% if they have it, but seems like the would...pretty sure I saw flavored vodka around the ship. If they do, it's definitely included, as I know grey goose is.

Love this thread, and thank you to everyone for updating! Going on the Gem July 2, with about 30 people, and was wondering if anyone has made up any kind of drinking game to go along with these cocktails. I'm new here, so sorry if this is considered hijacking.:o

We have never cruised with NCL before but we have the UBP thrown in with our cruise this year. I assumed that on the package you could only have the cocktails listed on the menu but, from reading this list, it appears that I am wrong. Can we order any cocktail (provided the barman knows how to make it)?

Are there any bars that are better than others on board for getting cocktails made (The RCCI ships have excellent cocktail bars with very knowlegable bar staff)?

Ideally, would love a Singapore Sling made the traditional way...

30-35ml Gin

15ml Cherry Heering (or cherry brandy at a push)

7.5ml Benedictine

120ml Pineapple Juice

15ml Lime Juice

5-10ml Grenadine

A few dashes of Angostura Bitters

A shed load of ice

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

This was one of the first drinks my Greek restaurant owning uncle made for me when I became of drinking age...wow! That brings back some slightly blurry memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did post this one awhile back, but not on the xl sheet, it's called B 52 and made in a shot glass and in this order one third of each : Kahlua, Bailey's and Grand Marnier, the OH is partial to one or five of these :eek:

VOILA!

Thanks for the added drinks.

I have added the new ones and now sorted each individual drink group alphabetically so you can find the drinks more easily: no more searching up and down within group for drink.

New and improved list attached

:confused:

i can't get list ...... to download right

Donna

maybe someone can post it...please