UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

nope. showed them the list and no go.

WOW. If you tried that at several bars and were denied, I would've sought out to have a nice conversation with the HEAD of BARSTAFF.

That's ridiculous to deny making certain cocktails for no good reason, especially when you can tell them what's in it and they have the ingredients. Just makes no business sense and is terrible from a customer service standpoint:mad:

As a personal experience; I have had several bar tenders ask me what's in a particular drink after requesting it, but NEVER had them deny making it once I gave them the ingredients.

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

We love martinis. Haven't missed a martini tasting on any ship yet! My favorites are the chocolate martini and the cosmopolitan. I don't know why the cosmo onboard is so much better than any I make at home.

Kinda sad that the UBP doesn't include the tastings. I know we can just order the same martinis and make our own "tastings" but it's not quite the same or as fun as the silly games and giveaways done onboard during the martini tastings.

• 3 weeks later...
WOW. If you tried that at several bars and were denied, I would've sought out to have a nice conversation with the HEAD of BARSTAFF.

That's ridiculous to deny making certain cocktails for no good reason, especially when you can tell them what's in it and they have the ingredients. Just makes no business sense and is terrible from a customer service standpoint:mad:

As a personal experience; I have had several bar tenders ask me what's in a particular drink after requesting it, but NEVER had them deny making it once I gave them the ingredients.

I just go with the flow - while I was disappointed, there were many drinks still to try.

Maybe because the barstaff is overwhelmed, they can't do special requests - I was amazed at how many bars had only ONE bartender and MASSIVE crowds.

I had a fantastic new drink on Getaway a few weeks ago...but I can't for the life of me remember the name!

It was Hendrick's muddled with cucumber & basil and shaken with a splash of white cranberry juice. I had never had gin before (I'm a red wine kind of girl) but it was AMAZING!! I was very sorry I waited until Friday to try it!

So, do you guys order a different drink every time you order or do you stick to the same one. I would be bombed if I tried all these, especially on the one day. Lots of different liquors in these mixes and you know what they say | don't mix your drinks" and I am a Scot!!!

;););)

So, do you guys order a different drink every time you order or do you stick to the same one. I would be bombed if I tried all these, especially on the one day. Lots of different liquors in these mixes and you know what they say | don't mix your drinks" and I am a Scot!!!

;););)

BOTH!!

I stick with something I like - but never pass up the chance to try something new! [emoji6]

;););)

The best part of the UBP is being able to try new things without feeling obligated to finish them :D If I paid for a drink, I would feel that I had to drink it, but with the UBP you can try something, and if you don't like it, try something else!

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Twilight Zone on the list and it is one of my favorites but I have only had it on my one and only Carnival cruise. When I asked for it on the Breakaway they had no idea what it was. I even had my friend text me the ingredients and they just smiled and shook their heads. Has anyone ever had one on NCL?

Bloody Mary in the morning made with Jagermeister instead of vodka. The Jager gives the tomatoe juice a basil taste.

WARNING:

One of these will make the buffet taste like the best food you ever ate

Two will make your babies come out crooked

Three will make you do things that give the MDR Gladis Kravits' something to whine about