UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

Found the Speak Easy Martini on the Sun last April. Primo!!!!

Speak Easy Martini:

1/3 shot Grand Marnier

1/3 shot Apricot Brandy

1/3 shot Southern Comfort

1 shot Sweet and Sour Mix

Champagne to taste

Orange slice for Garnish

Rim a glass with Brown Sugar OR Cinnamon . Add grand marnier, brandy, and southern comfort. Float champagne on top. Garnish with orange. Enjoy!

1 shot = 1 ounce

Painkiller, it's one of the drinks of the day but make them do it right, they try to pour equal amounts of orange and pineapple and it should be 4 pineapple to 1 orange with the rum and cream of coconut and topped with nutmeg. Usually they use piña colada mix instead of cream of coconut

What is in the toasted almond? Sounds good!

Amaretto, Kahlua and heavy cream over ice. However, in O'Sheehan's on the Getaway, they used soft serve ice cream instead of heavy cream and it was more like a milkshake. I have also seen the ice cream version referred to as a "burnt" almond (although technically a burnt almond has an addition of white creme de cacao).

Loving this thread! So many to try, so little time.

Edited by tarps14

Amaretto, Kahlua and heavy cream over ice. However, in O'Sheehan's on the Getaway, they used soft serve ice cream instead of heavy cream and it was more like a milkshake. I have also seen the ice cream version referred to as a "burnt" almond (although technically a burnt almond has an addition of white creme de cacao).

Loving this thread! So many to try, so little time.

That receipt was my "fix the hair of the dog" Sunday morning drink in my early 20's while living in the Far East....:)

That receipt was my "fix the hair of the dog" Sunday morning drink in my early 20's while living in the Far East....:)

Good to know! After all the drinks I'm gonna have to try on this list, it would appear I will definitely need some "fixing" each morning.:eek:

Good to know! After all the drinks I'm gonna have to try on this list, it would appear I will definitely need some "fixing" each morning.:eek:

Tarps14 - for that early morning recovery "fixing" we found on the Getaway that the Atrium Bar opened at a very civilized 7.30am. Nice spot for a Bloody Mary or Mimosa to take the edge off....

Another vote for the rebellious fish!

I also like Caipiroska - sometimes I have to explain to bartenders what it is ;)

It's like a Caipirinha with vodka instead of Cachaca.

Dark and stormy sounds great!

Does anyone know if they have - or are able to make - a Russian mule? (Vodka, ginger ale, lime, ??) wouldn't need to come in the special copper mug.

I do like the Rebellious Fish--esp. when served in the little bowl.

Fell in love with BOTANICAL OASIS (gin, st. germain, [forgot] and lime) on Breakaway at O'Sheehan's and hoping to enjoy a few next month!! Got the UBP this time as perk. YAY!

Edited by mizlorinj

Another vote for the rebellious fish!

I also like Caipiroska - sometimes I have to explain to bartenders what it is ;)

It's like a Caipirinha with vodka instead of Cachaca.

Dark and stormy sounds great!

Does anyone know if they have - or are able to make - a Russian mule? (Vodka, ginger ale, lime, ??) wouldn't need to come in the special copper mug.

Russian Mule was available on the Gem last week. Though my hubby urged me to try one, I just never seemed to be in the mood, so have yet to taste one.

Russian Mule was available on the Gem last week. Though my hubby urged me to try one, I just never seemed to be in the mood, so have yet to taste one.

Smart move on your part! Tell him you're ready to try one. He'll have no choice but to book another cruise.

Tarps14 - for that early morning recovery "fixing" we found on the Getaway that the Atrium Bar opened at a very civilized 7.30am. Nice spot for a Bloody Mary or Mimosa to take the edge off....

Hey, thanks for the heads-up! Will definitely note that one.

I really liked the French kiss they have on the menu @ le bistro. Wonder if that's covered under ubp

Yes they are covered. I had them in multiple locations around the ship and never had a problem with it being included in the UBP.

I want to thank you for the effort and time it took to prepare this list. Are individual liquors such as Brandy and Sambucco also available?

Thanks, Greatescape.

made some slight modifications to the spreadsheet.

Uploading latest...

made some slight modifications to the spreadsheet.

Uploading latest...

A minor thing, but my drink was a Malibu sea breeze, not a standard sea breeze - coconut rum instead of vodka (although I'm pretty sure NCL doesn't stock Malibu rum, just the Bacardi version, so I'm not sure if that would change how you order it.)

Saw a list of interesting drinks NOT from NCL, but they looked great. Hope this works

Safe sailing

Thanks for that list !!!

I'm getting a Drunken Palmer the minute we board Breakaway in November ;)

Don't remember seeing that last time.

Cheers!!