UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

Thanks for that list !!!

I'm getting a Drunken Palmer the minute we board Breakaway in November ;)

Don't remember seeing that last time.

Cheers!!

Not so sure NCL will have the Belvedere Lemon Tea vodka. Way too specific for them to stock. Who knows though.

My son really enjoyed a drink on the Getaway back in Jan. It was honey whiskey and lemonade. I know around our parts it's referred to as a honey Lynchburg Lemonade, however, NCL has a different name for it. Anyone know what they call it? Can't find the name anywhere. I'm not a whiskey fan but he absolutely loved it.

Pomegranate Martini

Chocolate Martini

DH loves their Bushwacker

recipe I found on food.com was pretty close but instead of using creme of coconut I use a coconut flavored rum

1 oz each with ice in a blender

coconut rum

vodka

baileys

amaretto

chocolate liqueur

frangelica

Cosmo an old standby

Not so sure NCL will have the Belvedere Lemon Tea vodka. Way too specific for them to stock. Who knows though.

My son really enjoyed a drink on the Getaway back in Jan. It was honey whiskey and lemonade. I know around our parts it's referred to as a honey Lynchburg Lemonade, however, NCL has a different name for it. Anyone know what they call it? Can't find the name anywhere. I'm not a whiskey fan but he absolutely loved it.

a honey bourbon maybe?

We sail in just over a week on the Breakaway. Right now my biggest dilemma in life is what to order for my sail away drink. That should be life's biggest dilemma! ;)

Here are the ones I'm considering:

Mango Meltdown (never had it before)

Miami Vice (tried and true)

Banana daiquiri (tried and true)

A unique martini from Shakers

A unique mojito from the mojito bar

Decisions, decisions... :)

We sail in just over a week on the Breakaway. Right now my biggest dilemma in life is what to order for my sail away drink. That should be life's biggest dilemma! ;)

Love Love Love the Mango Meltdown!!!

Love Love Love the Mango Meltdown!!!

So far this one is in the lead. Mainly because it's something new for me, and it's a frozen drink which I do love especially out on deck! Of course I could also change my mind once onboard and get something that's not even on my above list! We don't have the UBP...wasn't offered as a promo when we booked in September, but we do have $250 in OBC which will help! The cost of buying the UBP is too much for us, way more than we would spend on drinks, plus the boys don't drink soda so the soda package is useless for them.

My friend Abear2, Janice is on that cruise also, but she doesn't drink. I'll be going in October so come back on and let me know your favorite.

Deb

Three of us went on the Breakaway in May and all of us voted the Mango Meltdown as our favorite! The only problem is since we came home we cannot find the recipe online as it is a NCL drink. We have tried many different recipes, but not one is as good as NCL. If anyone is sailing soon can you find the exact recipe and post it?

Three of us went on the Breakaway in May and all of us voted the Mango Meltdown as our favorite! The only problem is since we came home we cannot find the recipe online as it is a NCL drink. We have tried many different recipes, but not one is as good as NCL. If anyone is sailing soon can you find the exact recipe and post it?

This was posted on CC last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.p

Are all these drinks on the menus?

Do they have the same drinks available in all bars?

Why not just try one of everything they offer?

Or are these the favorite "don't miss" drinks?

For your third question...definitely will try;)

Deb

Edited by zlacruising

Are all these drinks on the menus?

Do they have the same drinks available in all bars?

Why not just try one of everything they offer?

Or are these the favorite "don't miss" drinks?

Yes, the vast majority of these drinks are on the menus. While you may not see all of them at every bar, every bar should be able to make them. The only exceptions could possibly be the specialized martinis. Those you may have to actually go to the martini bar. That being said, all of the bartenders rotate from bar to bar so any one of them will know how to make all the drinks listed.

Care to share the recipe for this? I'll add it to the list

I'm not sure of my exact measurements bc I pour into my shaker by eyeballing it. I know when I 1st attempted I started with a shot glass of the Hendricks and went from there.

The ingredients are:

~Sliced cucumber (I do 3 thin slices with most not all peel gone)

~1 or 2 small basil leaves (really depends on taste)

~White cranberry juice

~Hendricks Gin

~Triple Sec

~(I add a pinch of sugar to my cuke/basil muddle-ingredient wasn't on the drink menu but I swear they had a bit of simple syrup in the shaker when they smashed the cukes!)

Muddle( I just use a spoon forcefully) the green stuff with optional sugar

Add ice to shaker then remaining ingredients

You DO need to strain this martini because of the cuke/basil pulp I use a mini strainer or place some cheesecloth across the top of my shaker and recap it before pouring.

When I feel really lazy?..... I just bang up the cukes and basil a bit (no pulp if gentle) in a mason jar, add ingredients and drink over ice😀 it's not as "infused tasting" but it's refreshing

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Do they make some nice "mocktails" for non-alcoholic drinkers?

As a non-drinker, I would like to get things like an ice cream soda or shake, but I don't think they offer that with the UBP, even though those would cost less than an alcoholic drink....

Otherwise, there would be no reason for me to select the UBP, if it were not included with the current promotion....

I just read through the thread, and don't think I saw much discussion of this question.

This will be my first NCL cruise, and I'll have the UBP. I'm also wondering what 'mocktails' I might be able to get, for those afternoons that I'm not quite ready for a drink yet.

So what non-alcoholic drinks can you get with the UBP?

Are virgin mudslides included?

I think I saw somewhere that O'Sheehan's has floats and shakes, are those included in the UBP? (maybe they are included in the cruise price already, I don't know)

I am not sure about floats and shakes...they are probably extra charge, as is bottled water, juices, specialty coffees, etc. but with the UBP you can order any virgin drink you like whose alcoholic version is covered under the package. Make sense?

I'm not sure of my exact measurements bc I pour into my shaker by eyeballing it. I know when I 1st attempted I started with a shot glass of the Hendricks and went from there.

The ingredients are:

~Sliced cucumber (I do 3 thin slices with most not all peel gone)

~1 or 2 small basil leaves (really depends on taste)

~White cranberry juice

~Hendricks Gin

~Triple Sec

~(I add a pinch of sugar to my cuke/basil muddle-ingredient wasn't on the drink menu but I swear they had a bit of simple syrup in the shaker when they smashed the cukes!)

Muddle( I just use a spoon forcefully) the green stuff with optional sugar

Add ice to shaker then remaining ingredients

You DO need to strain this martini because of the cuke/basil pulp I use a mini strainer or place some cheesecloth across the top of my shaker and recap it before pouring.

When I feel really lazy?..... I just bang up the cukes and basil a bit (no pulp if gentle) in a mason jar, add ingredients and drink over ice it's not as "infused tasting" but it's refreshing

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

What drink is this? it sounds delicious!

Edited by mizlorinj