UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

Pain killer- rum, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, nutmeg

I also like any drinks with blue Curacao. Cant think if any names right now.

Im not a huge drinker so when we were on the Getaway in Nov. We drank whatever was the cheapest on the menu. We noticed each bar had different prices for the same drink. No idea why that was? Anyway we have the UBP for next November so im looking forward to trying all these new drinks!!

aubrey thanks for the clarification and advice.

I've updated the list and classified into 3 different sections based on cocktail/tropical, martinis, shots and frozen

cocktails/tropical drinks

manhattan

mai tai

rebellious fish

pain killer

bahama mama

long island ice tea

bloody mary

dark and stormy

yellow bird

amaretto stone sour

dirty banana

raspberry mojito

cherry collins

tropical passion

ultimate margarita

cherry rum and pepsi

martinis

espresso martini

ketel one martini

watermelon martini

lemon drop martini

stormy nights martini

grey goose electric lemonade

shots

woo woo

kamikaze

jolly rancher

fireball

stolichnaya vodka lemon drop shot

frozen

miami vice

toasted almond

bbc

twilight zone

mudslide

mango meltdown

pina colada

thanks!

More of a bachelorette drink, but a BJ shot. To do it right you drink it without using your hands. But this is usually my Vegas drink so never tried ordering it ship side. Who wants to di-virginize it onboard? (Pun intended).

If I tell a Bartender what mood I'm in they can usually give me the perfect concoction. Chocolate, sweet etc...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Do they make some nice "mocktails" for non-alcoholic drinkers?

As a non-drinker, I would like to get things like an ice cream soda or shake, but I don't think they offer that with the UBP, even though those would cost less than an alcoholic drink....

Otherwise, there would be no reason for me to select the UBP, if it were not included with the current promotion....

Do they make some nice "mocktails" for non-alcoholic drinkers?

As a non-drinker, I would like to get things like an ice cream soda or shake, but I don't think they offer that with the UBP, even though those would cost less than an alcoholic drink....

Otherwise, there would be no reason for me to select the UBP, if it were not included with the current promotion....

Virgin mudslide might be something to try I think ???

I just read a thread that starting today on the GEM all the bars had a drink menu with about only 10 drinks to choose from. The OP said they were not able to order anything other than what is on the menu. She said there were a lot of angry cruisers. She is currently on the ship and will post more when she can.

Search for the thread and stay posted. (Sorry I don't remember the name of the thread) . :eek: there was a lot of speculation that maybe it's just an interim menu while they are increasing prices.

I can't say for sure, but I would imagine that the large amount of passenger's now having the UBP account of the promotion, and consequently ordering a lot of the "exotic" drinks requiring lengthy preparation, have resulted in a 'nightmare' for the bartender's, causing longer waits for service.

NCL now recognizing this, has sought to remedy the situation, by limiting the selection? Just a guess.....

We are on the Epic right now. There are no problems with UBP. My girlfriend had the rebellious fish (no charge) in a regular glass. If you want the souvenir glass, it's $1.75 I believe. Had glenfiddich and Jack Daniels on the rocks, all covered by UBP. Saw others ordering Lemon Drops, Bahama Mamas, etc with UBP with no problem.

I searched and didn't see that a favorite cocktail/drink list on NCL cruises was ever put together.

So let's start one!

I'm glad to have the UBP included as a perk on my upcoming Escape sailing so I thought that a "favorite" or "must try" cocktail/drink list would be handy by the time I board the ship. Post name of drink and ingredients (if you know them) :D

My favs so far:

* Ketel One Martini - dry vermouth and green olive (I hope they have Ketel One; if not Grey Goose is just as good)

* Manhattan - sweet vermouth, Angostura bitters, cherry and orange peel garnish

* Mai Tai (classic!) - light run, dark rum, triple sec, sweet & sour, pineapple juice

AND MY FAVORITE NCL COCKTAIL (as well as my DW):

* Rebellious Fish - passionfruit liqueur, Orange vodka, Cointreau, Fresh O.J. and prosecco sparkling wine

You left the main ingredient out of the Manhatten which is Whiskey, can be Rye or Bourbon.

Electro

These sound wonderful! We have the beverage package. Are these included? It seems the drink exclusions are based on price.

I don't but here's an updated list. Check out the recipe for the Flaming Blue Ferrari drink (pic attached) posted by one of the members in this thread. I'm not sure if that can be made on the ship since it is literally Flaming (think insurance liability on injury) but I'd love to try it! :D

FLAMING BLUE FERRARI

3 oz white rum

3 oz dark rum

2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur

Pour the rums into an old-fashioned glass. Seperately, pour the blue curacao into a double-shot glass. Ignite the rum mixture (use extreme caution) and suck with a straw; at the same time pour the blue curacao into the glass and finish.

COCKTAILS/TROPICAL DRINKS

Manhattan

Mai Tai

Rebellious Fish

Pain killer

Bahama Mama

Long Island Ice Tea

Bloody Mary

Dark and Stormy

Yellow Bird

Amaretto Stone Sour

Dirty Banana