UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

My favorite thread ever. I'm leaving Sunday on the Dawn for Western Caribbean and can't wait! Especially with this drink list in hand. Thanks so much to everyone for contributing to this post.

That said does anyone know the hours of the bars on the ship or where I could find that list? I think these 2 lists need to go hand in hand ha ha. There are only so many hours in a day and a loooong list to go through. :)

Thanks!

The bar hours will be on freestyle dailies... Sometimes they mix them up throughout the cruise. I find most bars once open stayed open lateish.

Are all the drinks on this menu covered on the UBP price maximum? Thank u

Pretty much. I believe either myself, my wife or my son had tried almost every drink on my 2 page spreadsheet and I don't remember seeing a single charge on my bill for drinks at the end of the cruise (except for the few drinks we had in port of Miami, which we paid tax on). This even included premiums such as McCallan 10 year old single malt scoth :D

OK boys and girls.

Got around to finally adding all ingredients for everything on my spreadsheet. Also dropped a few ordinary drinks off the list (self explanatory ones) and added a few of the "Gems" including:

GOOMBAY SMASH

PINK SQUIRREL

I'll add other cocktails etc. as needed

Enjoy

NCL UBP FAV DRINKS.xls

Just back from a fantastic trip on the Star. FYI all drinks are not available on all ships. All they could make there was what was on their list ( very limited compared to the BA), no Banana Banshee (my favorite on the BA), no Woo-Woo or jolly rancher shots....but great frozen drinks.

Safe sailing

Just back from a fantastic trip on the Star. FYI all drinks are not available on all ships. All they could make there was what was on their list ( very limited compared to the BA), no Banana Banshee (my favorite on the BA), no Woo-Woo or jolly rancher shots....but great frozen drinks.

Safe sailing

Man I just don't understand that at all. The ships should carry roughly the same liquers/spirits/brands. And then it's just a matter of the bartender knowing what ingredients to use to make the cocktail which is why I created the list in the first place. Now if they are just plain refusing and telling the cruiser we're sticking to what's on the menu that's another story and I would be LIVID and would immediately put a complaint in to the Chief of the Barstaff pronto if that was actually the case!

As stated earlier on our Escape cruise, there were only a few of the cocktails on the list that couldn't be made and it was at the "Pool Bar" while the reason was quickly stated as "we don't have X liquer etc. available to make that drink recipe."

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

On our recent Jewel cruise, I fell in love with the Lavender Patch Martini -- not sure what all was in it, but know it had lavender and mint as its primary accent ingredients.

It wasn't the same every time we ordered it -- some bartenders forgot the mint, or didn't put enough lavender in it, but it was wonderful. I'm now on the hunt for a good lavender martini recipe.

The Mojito bar also had a Raspberry Guava Mojito that was very good

Safe sailing

A woo woo is vodka, peach schnaps, and cranberry juice.

A basic jolly rancher is vodka, midori, and cranberry juice.

What gives???

Man I just don't understand that at all. Now if they are just plain refusing and telling the cruiser we're sticking to what's on the menu that's another story "

This...stated they could only make what was on menu. We were little disappointed, but not a big deal, just got something frozen, something on the menu, or a jack and coke (my favorite anyway),. There was fast service and more than enough liquor to chose from...lol

Safe sailing

This...stated they could only make what was on menu. We were little disappointed, but not a big deal, just got something frozen, something on the menu, or a jack and coke (my favorite anyway),. There was fast service and more than enough liquor to chose from...lol

Safe sailing

I wonder if it was due to not knowing the recipes if they were new for instance... I've never been refused a drink if I told them what the ingredients were.

OK boys and girls.

Got around to finally adding all ingredients for everything on my spreadsheet. Also dropped a few ordinary drinks off the list (self explanatory ones) and added a few of the "Gems" including:

GOOMBAY SMASH

PINK SQUIRREL

Enjoy

Thanks!

Love that it is on a one page print out😀

Looks like most of the drinks are made of ingredients that a cruise ship should have on hand. Hopefully I won't have any trouble "experimenting" with new concoctions that would be fun to try while on vacation.

Does anyone have diet/ healthier drink suggestions? I know, I know, I'm on vacation but on a 12 day cruise the calories will start to add up.

Thanks again!

I wonder if it was due to not knowing the recipes if they were new for instance... I've never been refused a drink if I told them what the ingredients were.

Exactly my experience. If you head out on any NCL ship and request a drink on this list and provide the ingredients (amounts), I would venture the barstaff would oblige.

If they refuse without giving you a reason or explaining if they don't have one or more of the ingredients at that particular bar, I'd make a major stink and my next visit would be to the head of the barstaff

Keep in mind not all bars on the ship carry the same liquors. It varies especially on the venue. For example, some of the tropical liquers used to be make many of the "Froo Froo" drinks on the list were not available at the Escapes' Tobacco Road bar. Understandly since they are more of a "Scotch, Whiskey (hard liquor), Beer" type offering going along with the bar motif.

I found that the Atrium bar, O'sheehans and Prime Meridian (outside the free dining rooms) carried the most selection and just about everything on the drink menu.

Alternatively, the Pool Bar had ample stock as well but was missing some of the more exotic liquers such as Godiva Dark Liquer which is used in the "Rum Cake" drink recipe.

Just off the Jewel- with a new favorite drink. sorry if it is already posted- but it was wonderful! Fabulous Fizz- grey goose l'orange vodka, passion fruit liqueur, orange juice, and a splash of champagne on top!

Another tip for those with the UBP- always order your premium brand, and it is included in the under $15 price. Look up the premium liquors. Don't order a margarita- make it a patron silver margarita. No screwdriver- order a grey goose screwdriver. So much better.

I only had one time where I ordered something and bartender refused on the UBP, and that may have been because his boss was at the end of the bar. ordered a sangria with a better wine, and he said he'd have to charge me. Took the lesser wine, but not as good.

Safe sailing

Shouldn't have happened. That is why I always try and chose the bar depending on the bar tender working there.

Even when they don't have the specific liquor at the bar they often try to get a bottle for you for the remaining days if you stop there regularly. The only time it wasn't possible was to get fresh raspberries at the pool bar for the raspberry mojito but they tried.

OK boys and girls.

GOOMBAY SMASH

PINK SQUIRREL

Enjoy

Thank you so much love this.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had them make a slushy rum and Pepsi? Had this in Disney Hollywood Studios and it was amazing. I figure it would be the same way you'd blend up any other frozen drink.

Let me know

You should NOT have any problem with a bartender making this. It's just a rum and coke with ice and blended. If one bartender does refuse, simply go to another bartender or bar. I never had one bartender at ANY of the bars on the Escape refuse to make anything on my list with the exception that they didn't have all the ingredients to make "said" particular drink at that particular bar.

As mentioned by previous posters be sure to ask for your "premium" liquor of choice in these drinks. If it's rum ask for "PYRAT" etc. otherwise you will get "house" spirits which are not as good. The premium spirits are included in the UBP. I don't believe I had one drink in which I was charged the difference above the $15 UBP limit all week long and I had alot or "Premiums" believe me :)

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

You should NOT have any problem with a bartender making this. It's just a rum and coke with ice and blended. If one bartender does refuse, simply go to another bartender or bar. I never had one bartender at ANY of the bars on the Escape refuse to make anything on my list with the exception that they didn't have all the ingredients to make "said" particular drink at that particular bar.

As mentioned by previous posters be sure to ask for your "premium" liquor of choice in these drinks. If it's rum ask for "PYRAT" etc. otherwise you will get "house" spirits which are not as good. The premium spirits are included in the UBP. I don't believe I had one drink in which I was charged the difference above the $15 UBP limit all week long and I had alot or "Premiums" believe me :)

Thanks for the info. I'll find out next week if they can make me a Frozen Myers and Pepsi.