Getaway Vibe Pass- cabana

TavelRN

If we make it to the pier by 9:30, do you think we would have a decent chance of getting a cabana in Vibe? I also read earlier that some complain that it is too hot in the cabanas. Is this the case? We are going in May. During that same post, it was also said that food can be ordered from Ocean Blue take-out counter. I have not heard this before... Can this also be verified? Any other perks?

If we make it to the pier by 9:30, do you think we would have a decent chance of getting a cabana in Vibe? I also read earlier that some complain that it is too hot in the cabanas. Is this the case? We are going in May. During that same post, it was also said that food can be ordered from Ocean Blue take-out counter. I have not heard this before... Can this also be verified? Any other perks?

If your cabana gets too hot, you'll still have total access to the rest of Vibe.

Keep in mind, you are spending quite a bit of extra money just to get a Cabana that you most likely won't use that much. Anything else offered in the VIBE is available everywhere else on the ship, which is included in your cruise fare. Other than an "exclusive" area to relax, you dont really get much else in VIBE. I've read dozens of reviews on the VIBE, and the majority of ppl say that its not worth the extra money. My wife and I were asking the same questions as you are right now, we leave for our cruise in 3 days. We are going to opt out of the VIBE and use that extra money for perhaps the spa pass or put towards excursions, etc. If money is no object than VIBE away!! :)

Keep in mind, you are spending quite a bit of extra money just to get a Cabana that you most likely won't use that much. Anything else offered in the VIBE is available everywhere else on the ship, which is included in your cruise fare. Other than an "exclusive" area to relax, you dont really get much else in VIBE. I've read dozens of reviews on the VIBE, and the majority of ppl say that its not worth the extra money. My wife and I were asking the same questions as you are right now, we leave for our cruise in 3 days. We are going to opt out of the VIBE and use that extra money for perhaps the spa pass or put towards excursions, etc. If money is no object than VIBE away!! :)

I think we would only do Vibe if we can get our own cabana. I think it would be a nice place to spend our days at sea. However, I can see your point in regards to the standard vibe pass. But if people are now reporting, that it gets too hot under the cabanas I may pass it up.

We just got back from the Getaway and we had a cabana. Best $300 spent on the cruise....and we were with our young kids so we only used it probably about 6 hours the entire week.

My only issue with it was that you weren't always in the sun so some of the time we were up there, we just used the chairs in Vibe.

I liked it so much better up there. I found the sun deck to be crowded. It was nice to weave through the people and noise on the way to Vibe and enter into your own semi-private quiet oasis.

We just got back from the Getaway and we had a cabana. Best $300 spent on the cruise....and we were with our young kids so we only used it probably about 6 hours the entire week.

My only issue with it was that you weren't always in the sun so some of the time we were up there, we just used the chairs in Vibe.

I liked it so much better up there. I found the sun deck to be crowded. It was nice to weave through the people and noise on the way to Vibe and enter into your own semi-private quiet oasis.

If you don't mind me asking, what time did you get to port in order to reserve the cabana? Did you find it to be warm under the cabana?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I would love to get a cabana for the simple fact I just had knee replacement surgery and they are up higher than the standard deck chairs. Im concerned I'm going to have issues getting up and off the deck chairs. I wish I could book one ahead of time.

The Cabana's are Hot at least on the BA it was. We bought Vibe passes but not the cabana, got to talking to a couple who paid for one (they were sorry they did) and they let us try it. Within 10 minutes is was hot, the only way to cool it down was to lower the top.... then whats the point? Save your money unless it burning a hole in your pocket and just get the Vibe Pass without the Cabana.

If you want a Vibe pass with our without cabana be at the pier at 9:00AM. You'll need to be in group boarding #1. Run don't walk to guest services

Edited by Laszlo

I have bought Vibe passes 3 times and have never gotten a cabana. The notion that unless you have a cabana it's not worth it is totally wrong IMHO. It's a much quieter area the chairs are padded and much more comfortable, there is never any issue with getting a free chair or day bed. I have never heard anyone in the Vibe mention that they regret getting the pass.

We sailed the Getaway back in May and decided to get the Cabana. We were at the pier around 9:30am and ended up with Cabana #3. I think it is a great spend of money because it is so secluded. My wife and I never had to fight chair hogs for a place to relax and the fresh fruit and attentive bar staff made it much more relaxing. Even if we weren't able to get a cabana next time I would still pay for VIBE access. The most people that were ever in there at one time was maybe 15-20. The bartenders were the same all week and quickly learned how often we wanted to see them and what we liked to drink.

During port at Nassau we didn't even leave the ship. We just hung out in our cabana and looked out over the ocean. It was the second best thing we purchased on our cruise behind our Spa passes!

The $100 credit we got when booking it helped too...Even know we already had UBP.

I have bought Vibe passes 3 times and have never gotten a cabana. The notion that unless you have a cabana it's not worth it is totally wrong IMHO. It's a much quieter area the chairs are padded and much more comfortable, there is never any issue with getting a free chair or day bed. I have never heard anyone in the Vibe mention that they regret getting the pass.

This is so true!

Had cabana #3 on the BA to Bermuda last Sept.

We got the pier at a little after 8 and were in boarding group#1 since I'm platinum.

I hate being to hot and only found it uncomfortable for a few hours 1 day on the way back to NY. I just moved out to sit under an umbrella located behind our cabana.

Other than eating dinner, sleeping and when we were off the ship in Bermuda spent a ton of time on there and felt it was the best purchase we've made.

Planning to do it again this Sept.

It depends on how many Haven guests want cabanas. We were on GA in early Feb. and first of bording group one on the ship. We got the last available cabana. As our cruise was quite windy, we loved having the cabana and spent at least 5 hours every day there. Several times we were the only two in Vibe.

I'm not sure what your talking about with Haven guests wanting cabanas. The haven has its own area that is like the Vibe and I have never seen a Haven guest in the Vibe it doesn't make sense.

If there are a lot of kids on the cruise, Haven guests want the Vibe to escape them, just like regular guests. :D There are lots of threads about this. On Epic, Posh is included for Haven guests, but they have to pay extra for the Vibe on BA and GA.