Seward to Anchorage

razal68

In reviewing transfers from Seward to Anchorage, we would like to book a Delta flight leaving 1:20 p.m. to Seattle. We are connecting with another flight in Seattle. Alaska Cruise transfers narrated tour leaves Seward at 8:00 A.M. and arrives at airport at about 11:45 A.M.. By taking this transfer would I be pushing the envelope in booking this flight. Advice would be greatly appreciated

In reviewing transfers from Seward to Anchorage, we would like to book a Delta flight leaving 1:20 p.m. to Seattle. We are connecting with another flight in Seattle. Alaska Cruise transfers narrated tour leaves Seward at 8:00 A.M. and arrives at airport at about 11:45 A.M.. By taking this transfer would I be pushing the envelope in booking this flight. Advice would be greatly appreciated

Don't do it, that is too tight. The train could be delayed for any number of reasons. We once were held up over 45 minutes after a small earthquake. They had to check all the track before the train was allowed to move.

Plus you are only leaving 90 minutes, to arrive, get your luggage, go check your luggage, check in, clear security, etc. Really tight in my opinion.

Edited by zqvol

Your flight departure is fine it's your transfer that will be the issue. On a good day with little traffic or construction the drive can be made in 2.5 hours. 3-3.5 with a few stops along the way. It is a beautiful drive but wouldn't be worth the risk of missing your flight for the longer transfer.

The airport can be busy during the summer and a few hundred others will be trying to catch flights as well about the same time.

Change your transfer or the flight, or have a backup plan. Flights are full in the summer.

Also, there's a possibility that Delta will change the time.

It's been less than a month since I booked our flights on Delta (Cincinnati-Vancouver and Anchorage-Cincinnati).

Delta has changed our return flights twice in less than a month. And they were drastic changes including routing. Originally returning through Seattle. Now routed through Minneapolis.

Thanks,

I will to have to re-assess transfer options, and maybe look at express options.

We love and have taken the cruise train option with RCI before but then we had flights at approx 2:30pm. This past May we had a 1:45pm flight out of ANC so we opted for using a private bus transfer company.

www.alaskacruisetransfer.com

We are looking at a number of transfer options.

The train is not one, as the arrival time will be much later then the bus options.

There are a number of express bus transfers that will arrive prior to 11:00 a.m.

Thanks for your assistance.

Basic- you need to look for a 2 hour window, AT the Anchorage airport. Chancy if you don't. If you miss a flight, it can be days before you get out. In season Anc is close to 100% load factors. A particular flight I had wanted, didn't open up for a WEEK. I ended up on a cheap Jet Blue flight to Long Beach- didn't matter where. I booked based on price only. :)

Just remember that there is only ONE road from Whittier/Seward to Anchorage.

I have spent hours sitting and waiting for an accident to clear in the summer. In the winter there are sometimes landslides that close the road for days. Allow yourself plenty of time when traveling this road.Enjoy your trip.