Did any of the Indian food from Tandoor Grill move to the buffet or anywhere?

uncletr21

This was my one of my favorite parts of last two cruises on Dream and Freedom and while I'm excited that Guy's is offered on the Glory, I think I'm going to miss the Tandoor Grill. It's one of those things I thought they did better than DCL and RCCL, so tasty, so sort of hope the low cost vegetarian items are showing up in the buffet as it wouldn't seem hard to do.

I don't know what the Tandoor grill served but I love the veggie Indian offerings in the MDR. I wasn't sure they were still there for American Table menus but they've been there on the old menus. You get 3 different dishes with all the little relishes on the side. It is always a surprise as to which dishes come out but all have been delicious!

This was my one of my favorite parts of last two cruises on Dream and Freedom and while I'm excited that Guy's is offered on the Glory, I think I'm going to miss the Tandoor Grill. It's one of those things I thought they did better than DCL and RCCL, so tasty, so sort of hope the low cost vegetarian items are showing up in the buffet as it wouldn't seem hard to do.

No they are gone with partial exception of Indian vegetarian dinner in DR.

Problem is some times they are kind of mild other times fiery hot and to me unedible.

Personally, I prefer the Tandoor grill over Guy's and the Blue Iguana. Unfortunately, no, they do not have the food in the buffet.

Same for me. I was so disappointed when they took it away from the Freedom, to put in Guys and Blue Iguana. In November, I kept checking for a curry on the lunch buffet but never did find one.

With some of the complaints I read about lack of variety in the buffet, seems like at least incorporating a station with some of the indian vegetarian options would relatively easy and inexpensive. Chickpeas are a lot cheaper than the meats going into Guys/Iguana.

With some of the complaints I read about lack of variety in the buffet, seems like at least incorporating a station with some of the indian vegetarian options would relatively easy and inexpensive. Chickpeas are a lot cheaper than the meats going into Guys/Iguana.

Exactly! It is easy and inexpensive. I hope that if they (Carnival) do read these boards, and it seems occasionally that they do, that they discover how popular Indian food has become, and we all know that they like to cut costs, so how much easier can it be?

My other half LOVES the spicy Indian food served at the Tandoor. We are sailing the "Valor" shortly, and I thought I read someplace that it offered the Tandoor, but I can't find anything to confirm that, one way, or the other. Anyone know for sure??? :confused:

"SKY"

Sorry Valor does not have the Tandoor. I wish all the ships did. I know that Splendor still has one. Magic, Breeze and Dream too..I think.

THANKS for the prompt reply. I knew the Dream class ships had the Tandoor, but I just couldn't remember if Valor did or not. Guess she'll just have to live without that food for a week or so. :rolleyes:

"SKY"