deleting automatic gratuities

I had a similar question: If I could not trust RCI to distribute money as they said they would, can I trust them with my life as they navigate a giant ship around the ocean?

Of course you can. Do you really think that they would put their multimillion dollar ship in any sort of jeopardy?:p

Ummm, like those in the military maybe?:rolleyes:

Agreed that that makes no sense. People are delusional about all the supposed behind the scenes people auto gratuities benefit:

Very interesting video! WOW! :eek:

The OP has mentioned a few times not trusting that RCI will disseminate the auto gratuity correctly/as stated. If you really think this why are you having anything to do with RCI at all? If I felt a company lied to me (which is what you're saying) I would never give them my business!

I was wondering about this as well, and whether it extends to all OP's business transactions or just cruises. I would drive myself nuts if I presumed that every restaurant or bar or coffee shop or whatever was stiffing their staff out of wages or tips.

I'll take the posters at their word that when they remove auto-grats, they pay the same or more directly to the staff. However, I wonder if that's a majority practice. Much like there are people on the "can I bring water/soda/booze" threads who state that they do so because RCI doesn't carry their brand or so they can avoid the herculean task of having to go to the bar before getting dressed for dinner, I think a whole lot more do it to save money.