Help - Suggestions Itinerary Europe, Greece, Med Italy...

Payd

We have done 3 Meds. and 1 Adriatic all in Sept. or Oct.,all GREAT.Have found that rates are a little better as is the weather and crowds. Are doing Scandinavian in May right at Tulip season. Doesn't matter which cruise you choose,just enjoy and count your blessings.:):):)

I think avoiding tender ports means on a med cruise, many times you'll get stuck on a ship. I just treat them as part of the experience of travel. We've had two. At Villefrance and Santorini. We didn't experience any delay getting off at either. Walked straight onto a tender at 9am.

We have been to both Santorini and Villefrance. Both are great ports and cannot imagine having skipped them because they were tender ports. We docked in Mykonos but same thing there. No reason to skip because it is a tender port.

In Villefrance, we even went back to the ship for lunch before our afternoon tour.

We did Eastern Med Sept 2014 on the Reflection I chose that itinerary because of Santorini. I was very dissapointed the island is beautiful what we saw of it we did manage to grab a coffee and cake in Oia. Those on Celebrity trips were tendered off 1st at 1.30pm we then sailed on abit further we were then tendered off at around 4.30pm. I will go again but hopefully arrive a little earlier.

Istanbul was great we did a trip with dailyistanbul tours and in Ephesus we used Ephesusdeluxe both are on Tripadvisor.

Mykonos we just took the shuttle bus into town and had a leisurely walk and lunch we also did our own thing in Naples. In Athens we did the Acropolis which was very good it was a ship tour and it was sooo hot.:)

Venice and Istanbul are stunning. As is Santorini. We did this on Equinox last year plus a few others like Dubrovnik. Ephesus is also good. That would satisfy me.

Do not choose a tour in Santorini that takes you all around the island. Many parts have shells of buildings and look dry and desolate. Stick to the main tourist areas and you will be more happy. :eek: Dubrovnik is absolutely wonderful!

Went last Juneon Silouhette

Loved Crete,Rhodes, Santorini, Venice,Malta,Naples

Okay ports for us were Athens,Ephesus(too crowded),Mykonos

June was too hot,too crowded and Vatican was beyond packed

This ship is beautiful and I am returning to Rome this spring.

Must have been with us then.

Told you all it was boiling!

You can book your tickets for the Vatican museum if you are going there. Queues of thousands. Are you going Venice Rome on Connie by any chance? We are.