Canapés

jagsfan

I was told we would receive OBC and canapés from our TA. Are these the tired canapés waiting in the cabin at embarkation I seem to remember?

I guess I'm hoping they'd be delivered fresh at a later time. Something to nosh on while getting ready for another eating opportunity.

No they are not there when you arrive.

There will be a voucher to redeem through room service when you are ready. ;)

That wasn't the case on the Regal. We were given 'deluxe' canapés for each of 2 b2b's. On the 2/15 cruise they were in the cabin when we got there. It was 11:45 & no telling how long they'd been there. We gave them to the steward to toss because they stank! For the 2/22 cruise we got a call from room service on the 4th day asking when we wanted them delivered. There was no voucher for them on either cruise.

Did you order and pay for these? or were they the complimentary ones?

I agree they should not be there and because of food temp issues/safety.

On our Regal cruise they were not there, we had a voucher.

Actually we have never had them waiting on any of our cruises.

Just the voucher.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Did you order and pay for these? or were they the complimentary ones?

I agree they should not be there and because of food temp issues/safety.

On our Regal cruise they were not there, we had a voucher.

Actually we have never had them waiting on any of our cruises.

Just the voucher.

They were listed as an amenity from the TA. We would never order or pay for them. We don't even order the free ones for Elites on formal night.

They were listed as an amenity from the TA. We would never order or pay for them. We don't even order the free ones for Elites on formal night.

Then you are not missing anything. :D

I only order the strawberries and after the first couple of orders I have had enough.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

A friend of ours sent us a lot of things for our honeymoon cruise. Everything arrived the first afternoon--shrimp cocktail, chocolate-covered strawberries, and the deluxe canapes. She also gave us the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast and chocolates. Those came in the form of vouchers. I would have preferred to have had a choice in when I received the food items. We did not need everything the first afternoon. We managed to eat the shrimp and a few of the canapes. Fortunately we were in the cabin when they were delivered. Once when we ordered the Elite canapes on a formal night, they delivered them after we had left the cabin. I had to throw everything out except the strawberries since I did not want to risk eating something that had sat out at room temperature for over an hour.

When I've gotten them in the past, they were sitting in the cabin when we arrived. Once with a bottle of champagne sitting in room temp water.

It's s lovely idea, but the production not so hot. I was hoping for a voucher.

It's s lovely idea, but the production not so hot. I was hoping for a voucher.

Princess would save a lot of food wastage by providing a voucher instead of leaving them out at room temp.

I too hardly order the elite canapés and if I do it's the strawberries but even then I have had moldy ones delivered. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk