Priority Check in at Port with Non C&A members

We have decided to do a cruise with our whole family. We and one other member of the family will be C&A members, but the others won't since it will be their first RCCL cruise.

I was wondering if we would all be able to do priority check in for C&A members. If it makes a difference, the highest would be just Gold.

Or do we need to check in at the port separately?

If we want to stay together, would we have to check in with the first time cruisers?

Thanks for any info and suggestions.

The port people usually try to keep a party together, but if you have two gold members and 10 non-members, they may not let the non-members use the gold check-in line.

Priority check-in is really is not a big deal most of the time.

The port people usually try to keep a party together, but if you have two gold members and 10 non-members, they may not let the non-members use the gold check-in line.

Priority check-in is really is not a big deal most of the time.

Thanks for posting.

We would have 5 Gold members and 7 or 8 non-members. But I see what you mean.

Is the Gold area separate from the non-C&A waiting area? If not, then we can all check in separately and wait together.

Also, would it matter if we are all our reservations are linked together?

Edited by dvcdisney

Thanks for posting.

We would have 5 Gold members and 7 or 8 non-members. But I see what you mean.

Is the Gold area separate from the non-C&A waiting area? If not, then we can all check in separately and wait together.

Also, would it matter if we are all our reservations are linked together?

Linking of reservations has no bearing on check-in or boarding.

If you check-in before boarding has started, you can all wait together in the non-priority area.

If you check-in after boarding has started, you just walk on the ship as soo as you finish check-in.

I'm with Bob. They probably won't care, or even check, but most of the time priority check-in is not a big deal anyway. It may cost you a couple of minutes getting onto the ship, especially if you come to the dock early, but nothing else.

Tom

Linking of reservations has no bearing on check-in or boarding.

If you check-in before boarding has started, you can all wait together in the non-priority area.

If you check-in after boarding has started, you just walk on the ship as soo as you finish check-in.

I'm with Bob. They probably won't care, or even check, but most of the time priority check-in is not a big deal anyway. It may cost you a couple of minutes getting onto the ship, especially if you come to the dock early, but nothing else.

Tom

I understand. Thank you.

Actually in a couple of our DCL cruises, we noticed that there were a longer line for Castaway Club members than first time cruises, so if that's the case with RCCL, then perhaps it's better to just go with the non-priority line.

The reason I asked was that sometimes after reading some posts I start to think that it would make a difference. Especially seeing the photos of the waiting area separated by levels.

Thanks again. :)

We have had mixed experiences.

First time we tried to pull another couple through with us we were told no, the other 2-3 times we have tried it was no problem, probably depends on the mood of the "checker" at the time more than anything else.

We have noticed that the priority lines rarely help us any though, we are up to Emerald now, the 3 other couples we have cruised with are gold or platinum and they almost always beat us through the process anyway :)

I have always found that "priority" check in was never really "faster". Maybe it would depend on when you arrive.

If you arrive before they start boarding, than they load based on level. However, like others said, if you arrive after the first rush, than you will walk on the ship in one continuous line.....nothing special.

I've also never noticed a seperate waiting area for Gold C&A members,just Diamond & up...in that case you would all be able to sit together & board together...

Terminal 18 (Oasis/Allure terminal) at Port Everglades seats everyone by C&A level. That's the only terminal I've seen that seems large enough for that sort of thing.

Sorry, I just want to be clear. If the SeaPass states that the Check-in Time range is 12:30-3pm --- is this the boarding time? If we arrive during this time, would we walk onto the ship after check in?

Essentially, are all the people who are waiting in their designated C&A area there because they checked in earlier than the check -in time range? If that's the case, then I don't think we need to worry too much about it, we'll just go during the time it says on the SeaPass.

We've rarely waited on our DCL cruise. We use the DCL transfer which always arrived at the port after boarding has commence so we just walk on.

Sorry, I just want to be clear. If the SeaPass states that the Check-in Time range is 12:30-3pm --- is this the boarding time? If we arrive during this time, would we walk onto the ship after check in?

Essentially, are all the people who are waiting in their designated C&A area there because they checked in earlier than the check -in time range? If that's the case, then I don't think we need to worry too much about it, we'll just go during the time it says on the SeaPass.

We've rarely waited on our DCL cruise. We use the DCL transfer which always arrived at the port after boarding has commence so we just walk on.

I think you have a good plan. The cabins won't be ready till 1pm or later, so if you check in at 1230 or so you will probably just walk on with no wait and be able to go right to your cabin to drop your things

Yes the people waiting got to the port early

Edited by setsail

We found a difference between TSA security lines and the lines for actual cruise check-in. We were out of Galveston in January on Navigator. There was a priority line for C&A to get to the TSA and x-ray machines. This line was very long and actually moved slower than the non-C&A line.

However, once we were through the security, the C&A priority lines were very quick.

I think you have a good plan. The cabins won't be ready till 1pm or later, so if you check in at 1230 or so you will probably just walk on with no wait and be able to go right to your cabin to drop your things

Yes the people waiting got to the port early

Perfect. Thank you!:)