HELP! I don't know how to Cruise lol

We are leaving for our cruise on the Oasis of the Sea on Sat Mar 21. Our package comes with complimentary dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. I was trying to make online reservations for this at 150 Central Park and I am wondering if I need to enter a promo code because it looks like I have to put in a credit card. Also, I was trying to make reservations for some other events like the Prohibition Event and a second dinner at a specialty restaurant. Do I have to pay for these in advance?

We are also having a difficult time deciding on whether or not to purchase a drink package. We are not heavy drinkers but may have around 3 (alcoholic) drinks per day on vaca, hard liquor/ wine/ beer. Is the drink package something you highly recommend? And if not, should we at least get the Royal Replenish package. If so, what is considered “premium” coffee (we love our coffee drinks). Do you know what the average price is for a martini made with a brand name vodka or a mojito for example.

I am so sorry for the 20 questions. Not only is this our first cruise but it is our first “real” vacation and we don’t know what we are doing.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There is a section to these boards for each of the cruise lines. In some, someone has set up a spreadsheet using the cruise line prices for drinks. It allows you to estimate how many of each type drink you will have. It then recommends which packages are for you (if any). I am not sure if there is one on the RCI section. If not you should be able to get drink prices there and estimate your cost.

On RCI, anything you book in advance (for $$) requires payment at that time. You can always cancel, if you decide against doing something you pre-booked.

If you only drink 3 cocktails (or whatever) per day, the alcohol package is not a bargain...

Included in your fare is ice water, coffee, tea (hot or iced), lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast. The "specialty" coffees made by RCI are what's included in the package....if your ship has a Starbucks, that is NOT included in any package. A "premium" coffee is a latte or cappuccino , or something like that!

Edited by cb at sea