Luminae on Silhouette

Lily'sMum

I know the official open date of Luminae isn't until April, but I've heard it has opened on Reflection. We are boarding next week (March 8) - any chance it'll be open for suite guests? Anyone recently coming off Silhouette who might know?

I know the official open date of Luminae isn't until April' date=' but I've heard it has opened on Reflection. We are boarding next week (March 8) - any chance it'll be open for suite guests? Anyone recently coming off Silhouette who might know?[/quote']

There was a post on here yesterday that stated it was now OPEN on the Silhouette, but still utilizing the MDR menu..they stated the service was excellent

I know the official open date of Luminae isn't until April' date=' but I've heard it has opened on Reflection. We are boarding next week (March 8) - any chance it'll be open for suite guests? Anyone recently coming off Silhouette who might know?[/quote']

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176254

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Can I assume none of the other "Suite Class" benefits will apply to cruises before those specific dates? i.e. Premium bev package, unlimited specialty dining, socked bar, etc.

We are sailing next week and have pre-paid for these things... want to make sure we aren't paying for things that would be given to us once on board.

Can I assume none of the other "Suite Class" benefits will apply to cruises before those specific dates? i.e. Premium bev package' date=' unlimited specialty dining, socked bar, etc.

We are sailing next week and have pre-paid for these things... want to make sure we aren't paying for things that would be given to us once on board.[/quote']

Correct.

• 11 months later...
Hi...

Just got off of SIL yesterday and although not in a suite cabin, there was NO venue = Luminae on the ship by that name.

We were on the Silhouette the first week in Feb. and we saw where the Luminae Restaurant will be--Deck 3 Starboard side. It looks like they are taking part of the traditional dining space in the MDR to create the Luminae area. Celebrity seems to be encouraging "Select" dining over "Traditional;" maybe that is because Traditional is losing dining space.

Can I assume none of the other "Suite Class" benefits will apply to cruises before those specific dates? i.e. Premium bev package' date=' unlimited specialty dining, socked bar, etc.

We are sailing next week and have pre-paid for these things... want to make sure we aren't paying for things that would be given to us once on board.[/quote']

A stocked bar only applies to a couple high level suites. You already get free premium drinks in Michaels club so certainly would not pay for those.

Not that this should shocking to anyone - but I believe I found a contradiction in X's Suite FAQ:

Page 1

What is Michael’s Club?

Michael’s Club is available exclusively to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites - as well Zenith members of our Captains Club loyalty program. Dedicated Concierge service and food and beverage experiences by a James Beard featured chef will be exclusively provided to these guests.

Page 3

Our suite experience will now include:

Sky Suite guests can access Michael’s Club (complimentary cocktails, appetizers, and a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge) • Personal butler, private restaurant (Luminae), and an exclusive lounge Michael’s Club for all suite guests

• New luxurious Bulgari® bath amenities

• New daily delivery of Delectable Delights

• New Signature Suite enhancements such as: two bottles of wine or spirits, Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Specialty Dining and so much more

Not that this should shocking to anyone - but I believe I found a contradiction in X's Suite FAQ:

Page 1

What is Michael’s Club?

Michael’s Club is available exclusively to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites - as well Zenith members of our Captains Club loyalty program. Dedicated Concierge service and food and beverage experiences by a James Beard featured chef will be exclusively provided to these guests.

Page 3

Our suite experience will now include:

Sky Suite guests can access Michael’s Club (complimentary cocktails, appetizers, and a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge) • Personal butler, private restaurant (Luminae), and an exclusive lounge Michael’s Club for all suite guests

• New luxurious Bulgari® bath amenities

• New daily delivery of Delectable Delights

• New Signature Suite enhancements such as: two bottles of wine or spirits, Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Specialty Dining and so much more

Sky suite guests are now entitled to Michaels Club, it was changed a couple of months ago. There are lots of contradictory items in the web site.

Edited by dkjretired

Sky suite guests are now entitled to Michaels Club, it was changed a couple of months ago. There are lots of contradictory items in the web site.

Sounds like they need a good editor/technical writer. That is my trade - think I could get the gig? :D

Sounds like they need a good editor/technical writer. That is my trade - think I could get the gig? :D

i have said for years they need proof readers.

i have friends who always book a celebrity suite to get all these ammenities. they are on the eclipse right now. because of all the sky suite pax taking all the space in michaels club and using up all the concierge's time, they couldn't even get their reservations for luminae. are they upset? you betcha. and they paid double the sky suites price.

i have friends who always book a celebrity suite to get all these ammenities. they are on the eclipse right now. because of all the sky suite pax taking all the space in michaels club and using up all the concierge's time, they couldn't even get their reservations for luminae. are they upset? you betcha. and they paid double the sky suites price.

Right, and Sky Suite passengers probably paid close to double compared to CC or AQ. You are probably the first one to come on here and say that michaels club was actually being used too much. Most say it is the other way around. Celebrity doesn't want the michaels club to be completely useless ya know. Besides, you can get the butler to make reservations. Or call Luminae directly. it's not that difficult.

Right, and Sky Suite passengers probably paid close to double compared to CC or AQ. You are probably the first one to come on here and say that michaels club was actually being used too much. Most say it is the other way around. Celebrity doesn't want the michaels club to be completely useless ya know. Besides, you can get the butler to make reservations. Or call Luminae directly. it's not that difficult.

It certainly must vary a lot. It was busy on the Eclipse in January. It was used and very enjoyable

Kerrydee was just relaying what his friends told him. Perhaps they had a lot of VIPs for some reason. I think you friends need a new TA if they paid twice the price of a SS for a CS. You can get a RS for that price. But I suspect they are exaggerating on both points.

Really no need for Luminae reservations from our experience on two cruises.

It certainly must vary a lot. It was busy on the Eclipse in January. It was used and very enjoyable

Kerrydee was just relaying what his friends told him. Perhaps they had a lot of VIPs for some reason. I think you friends need a new TA if they paid twice the price of a SS for a CS. You can get a RS for that price. But I suspect they are exaggerating on both points.

Really no need for Luminae reservations from our experience on two cruises.

Haha! Yes, you probably could get a RS for that price. My opinion is that something like MC should be used at least efficiently. From what I was told (and what I've experienced) it seemed it was under utilized with just CS and above. But hey, nobody here has exact numbers so were just guessing.