Chefs table... Where to book?

TavelRN

My apologies if this has already been asked. Where do you sign up for the chefs table? Is there a special place on boars? Or can I don't at Guest Services?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

My apologies if this has already been asked. Where do you sign up for the chefs table? Is there a special place on boars? Or can I don't at Guest Services?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

You can make reservations for the Chef's Table at the restaurant reservation desk on board. But they often sell out quickly, so try to do it as soon as you are on board. If they tell you it is already full, then ask them to put your name on a waiting list, some times they organize the Norwegian Chef's Table on more than one occasion during a cruise. If you are in a suite, or have concierge service because of your Platinum Latitude status, you can ask the concierge to make the reservation for you. He/she might be able to give you priority on the waiting list....

Edited by TrumpyNor

I tried to book one on the Sky in January and it was $99 per person.

Seems like the large demand is pushing the price upwards - in 2012 and 2013 it was $75 p.p. I have done it on 3 different occasions - in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Wish they would change the menu for the Chef's Table in a not too distant future - it has been the same for 3 years now.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Seems like the large demand is pushing the price upwards - in 2012 and 2013 it was $75 p.p. I have done it on 3 different occasions - in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Wish they would change the menu for the Chef's Table in a not too distant future - it has been the same for 3 years now.
They have zero incentive to change the menu. There is still plenty of demand, with all the new cruisers and all the people who want to have the same menu 3 times ;) Even at $99, it still fills up. If they ever do update the menu, I don't even dare guess what the new price will be.

On a 7 night cruise...any idea which night the Chefs Table would be?

On the last 7 days cruise we did (in June 2014), they arranged the Chef's Table 2 or 3 different nights, because of the demand.... Impossible to say which night, since it depends on itinerary and ship - the CT starts already at 6.00 PM.

They have zero incentive to change the menu. There is still plenty of demand, with all the new cruisers and all the people who want to have the same menu 3 times ;) Even at $99, it still fills up. If they ever do update the menu, I don't even dare guess what the new price will be.

I know that, and I agree with you 100%. It was just a very "selfish" wish on my part.... :p

Does anyone know if they can take allergies into consideration with the Chef's Table?

My wife has gluten allergies, but we'd still like to participate in the Chef's Table if possible.

I believe that they can, as long as they know it beforehand. I have heard of a vegetarian participate at the Chef's Table, and since they managed to do that I am pretty certain they might be able to make a gluten free alternative for your wife. I guess a lot depends on the executive chef on board (if he is willing to do that) - if I were you I would at least ask. They might already have had guests at the Chef's Table with the same type of allergies, so that they already have recipes for gluten free alternatives.

I believe that they can, as long as they know it beforehand. I have heard of a vegetarian participate at the Chef's Table, and since they managed to do that I am pretty certain they might be able to make a gluten free alternative for your wife. I guess a lot depends on the executive chef on board (if he is willing to do that) - if I were you I would at least ask. They might already have had guests at the Chef's Table with the same type of allergies, so that they already have recipes for gluten free alternatives.

Thanks! That's a big help. I'll let my concierge know when i ask about making reservations. one of the perks of the suites :)