Time in Stavanger to cruise Pulpit Rock on our own?

OBX Cruisers

Ok, Pulpit Rock is in Gerainger Fjord, and if you do it by sea it’s quite a distance. We’ve been there regularly, and for us the only way to do Gerainger is by sea. Btw, when Pulpit rock fractures and falls it may well cause a tsunami which sadly will probably wipe out the little village of Gerainger

There are Pulpit Rock cruises offered regularly from the port of Stavanger on Viking excursions, as well as the opportunity to book privately on a couple different companies. It is a mostly full day and most people seem to really enjoy their time doing this. I was ill that day and unable to go, but the group that I organized privately were glad they went despite the rain!

I would love to have the opportunity to see this at some point. Sounds like a highlight for you in this area Parsley Cruises.

There are Pulpit Rock cruises offered regularly from the port of Stavanger on Viking excursions, as well as the opportunity to book privately on a couple different companies. It is a mostly full day and most people seem to really enjoy their time doing this. I was ill that day and unable to go, but the group that I organized privately were glad they went despite the rain!

I would love to have the opportunity to see this at some point. Sounds like a highlight for you in this area Parsley Cruises.

We booked the Pulpit Rock cruise last year direct with Rodne.no who also operate for the cruise ships. They leave about 50m from where the cruise ship's dock. I think it lasted about 3 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’re a bit into photography ,so our time in Gerainger usually starts on the quayside (don’t like the floating walkway), very early, hike up past the church to the top of the hill and the. Out along the headland on the side opposite the PR side, then back down following the stream:waterfall, and end the day with a visit to the chocolate place as a reward.

We’re a bit into photography ,so our time in Gerainger usually starts on the quayside (don’t like the floating walkway), very early, hike up past the church to the top of the hill and the. Out along the headland on the side opposite the PR side, then back down following the stream:waterfall, and end the day with a visit to the chocolate place as a reward.

Sounds like what I would call a perfect day!

We were on the mid May cruise on the Viking Sky, we took the 12 norled cruise. The sky docked at 11 so we had plenty of time. The pulpit rock cruise was incredible.. and we had time to do the included excursion too.. great day

• 2 weeks later...

we are doing the viking homelands cruise starting august 25'th docks in Stavanger at 7am and leaves the port 1:30 having trouble finding a boat trip to pulpit rock where the times work. anyone have any suggestions

we are doing the viking homelands cruise starting august 25'th docks in Stavanger at 7am and leaves the port 1:30 having trouble finding a boat trip to pulpit rock where the times work. anyone have any suggestions

Take the Viking excursion pulpit rock cruise. It may cost a little more than booking it privately, but no worries about the time and the cruise was fantastic. We did it in mid-May on Homelands.