Sky Suites on 7 nighter = 1 free Specialty Restaurant. How....

Iamthesea

My husband called the Captain's Club number and they both our two included specialty dinners (for a 9 nighter). When relatives, who were not Captains Club then, decided to book a suite, too, and go with us, they asked their travel agent to add their dinners to our reservation dates and times.

We asked the butler the first day to reconfirm it all - and she said right away that they had the record of those reservations. And no problems at all.

I assume they hold some space back for suite passengers to use once on board through their butler (or Michael's Club concierge for the top suites).

But if you want to nail down a special birthday date/time preference/holiday night, etc., if it were me, I'd either call ahead or book online and get the credit once on the ship.

Thank you. For some reason, I thought we would be contacted about the perk before the cruise. I have seen nothing in writing (to us) that affirms we have this free dinner.

It's part of the package you get when you book a sky suite. It will not show up on your confirm. Your butler will know about it as will the specialty restaurants. I usually wait to book until on board so I can check out the MDR menus first. That may not be an issue once the suite restaurant opens.

My husband called the Captain's Club number and they both our two included specialty dinners (for a 9 nighter). When relatives, who were not Captains Club then, decided to book a suite, too, and go with us, they asked their travel agent to add their dinners to our reservation dates and times.

We asked the butler the first day to reconfirm it all - and she said right away that they had the record of those reservations. And no problems at all.

I assume they hold some space back for suite passengers to use once on board through their butler (or Michael's Club concierge for the top suites).

But if you want to nail down a special birthday date/time preference/holiday night, etc., if it were me, I'd either call ahead or book online and get the credit once on the ship.

It's part of the package you get when you book a sky suite. It will not show up on your confirm. Your butler will know about it as will the specialty restaurants. I usually wait to book until on board so I can check out the MDR menus first. That may not be an issue once the suite restaurant opens.

I'd rather not have any more OBC, so do prefer to book it onboard. Too bad we cannot book ahead of time without getting charged, though. ;)

I just found out that my cousin and her daughter may decide to join us on this cruise. They currently have a hold on a Veranda GTY. They have never sailed with Celebrity. Since they would have a verandah and my girls and I have Suite, it's going to complicate our eating together. They do plan on booking a Specialty restaurant with us, but will not be able to eat with us in Luminae or Blu for any meals. We may eat in the MDR on one evening, but are not paying for a Suite to eat there all week. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

We just got off the Equinox three days ago and were also in a sky suite. I was also concerned that we were not allowed to reserve our two speciality restaurants (it was an 11 night cruise) until we were on the ship unless we paid first. We were told that they are aware of the number of suite guests for each sailing and hold spaces to accommodate those guests regardless of the time they wished to eat. I was still somewhat leary but had no difficulty in reserving either restaurant on the night and time we wished. I will let you know to expect your waiter to ask for your seapass card after eating. You will be brought what looks like a bill to sign but it will have the cost of your meal listed as $0.00. They just need your signature as proof that you did take advantage of that perk for being in a suite.

We just got off the Equinox three days ago and were also in a sky suite. I was also concerned that we were not allowed to reserve our two speciality restaurants (it was an 11 night cruise) until we were on the ship unless we paid first. We were told that they are aware of the number of suite guests for each sailing and hold spaces to accommodate those guests regardless of the time they wished to eat. I was still somewhat leary but had no difficulty in reserving either restaurant on the night and time we wished. I will let you know to expect your waiter to ask for your seapass card after eating. You will be brought what looks like a bill to sign but it will have the cost of your meal listed as $0.00. They just need your signature as proof that you did take advantage of that perk for being in a suite.

We also like to leave a tip for the excellent service.:):)

Well, it seems that Celebrity reservations is still telling guest that Lumina is still not opened on the Reflection. :rolleyes:

They told my cousin (in standard verandah) that we (in the Suite) would not be able to eat in Luminae (because it is not open) and therefore we would be able to eat together in the MDR. :rolleyes:

Thanks for telling me that! ;) Since Luminae was opened during your cruise, were you also offered to eat in any Specialty restaurant, free during the entire cruise, or did they stop that practice now that Luminae is opened?

We also like to leave a tip for the excellent service.

We do too! :)

I'd rather not have any more OBC, so do prefer to book it onboard. Too bad we cannot book ahead of time without getting charged, though. ;)

To clarify - when we booked ahead of time with Captain's Club, we did not pay. We just explained we had our suite comps and wanted to reserve.

We have always booked our free suite dinners ahead of time. You call the number for special reservations or something like that - geez, I forget what it's called, but they do it all the time. What happens is it shows as a PAID dinner reservation even though you don't pay anything. For some reason the website needs that. Go figure. But it's never been a problem. We sail mostly 2 week long cruises so we get two dinners free. We always make our reservations ahead so we get the times and days we want. Once on board we make adjustments but we don't wait till then.

And we certainly don't ask our butler to make reservations for things we can do easily ourselves on the phone or by just stopping at one of the specialties. I've never understood why people need assistance to make a simple phone call, but that's just me.

On our November (Thanksgiving) cruise, I'm not as excited about the free reservations because we're going to have Luminae. I'm REALLY looking forward to that!

To clarify - when we booked ahead of time with Captain's Club, we did not pay. We just explained we had our suite comps and wanted to reserve.

We have always booked our free suite dinners ahead of time. You call the number for special reservations or something like that - geez, I forget what it's called, but they do it all the time. What happens is it shows as a PAID dinner reservation even though you don't pay anything. For some reason the website needs that. Go figure. But it's never been a problem. We sail mostly 2 week long cruises so we get two dinners free. We always make our reservations ahead so we get the times and days we want. Once on board we make adjustments but we don't wait till then.

And we certainly don't ask our butler to make reservations for things we can do easily ourselves on the phone or by just stopping at one of the specialties. I've never understood why people need assistance to make a simple phone call, but that's just me.

On our November (Thanksgiving) cruise, I'm not as excited about the free reservations because we're going to have Luminae. I'm REALLY looking forward to that!

I'll give CC a call and give it a try. :)

Another question for those most recently sailing on a Solstice class ship...

We are planning to go to a specialty restaurant on the 1st night of the cruise. We do plan to try one or two others during the week, but not Murano this time. On the Reflection, it would make sense to use the free perk for the most expensive of the 3 remaining restaurants for. So, should we book that most expensive for the 1st night, or see if there are specials going on for that 1st night at a reduced cost and use the free perk for another night? Which is the most expensive...Lawn Club, Tuscan or Qsine?

[quote=Iamthesea;45876454

Thanks for telling me that! ;) Since Luminae was opened during your cruise, were you also offered to eat in any Specialty restaurant, free during the entire cruise, or did they stop that practice now that Luminae is opened?

Laminae did not open until the 4th night of our cruise. About one week before sailing a Celebrity agent called and said we could make reservations over the phone with her for speciality restaurants the first three nights at no cost to us. So we made reservations with her for Silk Harvest, Tuscan and Murano for those nights until Laminae opened. She also told us that we would have two additional complimentary meals in a speciality restaurant as one of our suite perks but that they must be reserved after we got on board the ship.

We have a Sky Suite and are travelling with our 6 year old. Does anybody know if we can bring somebody else to the specialty restaurant in his place?

Also we are travelling with my father-in-law and mother-in-law, I assume we can still eat in the MDR even though Luminae sounds like it is open?

Laminae did not open until the 4th night of our cruise. About one week before sailing a Celebrity agent called and said we could make reservations over the phone with her for speciality restaurants the first three nights at no cost to us.

I guess that I need someone with more recent information on the Reflection. ;)

two additional complimentary meals in a speciality restaurant as one of our suite perks but that they must be reserved after we got on board the ship.

You can pre-book the complimentary specialty perks by calling 1-800-590-6221. They don't charge you.

Such different answers, but I will call this special number. ;) I just need to know when and what to book?

We have a Sky Suite and are travelling with our 6 year old. Does anybody know if we can bring somebody else to the specialty restaurant in his place?

Also we are travelling with my father-in-law and mother-in-law, I assume we can still eat in the MDR even though Luminae sounds like it is open?

I would think that only those in your stateroom can eat in Luminae unless you pay extra. I don't recall seeing the question on a Blu thread, either.

You may all eat together in the MDR, however, you may have to use the Select Dining for this.

Edited by Iamthesea

You can pre-book the complimentary specialty perks by calling 1-800-590-6221. They don't charge you.

Thank - You for the phone number. I called, made my two complimentary restaurant reservations and when I received my confirmation it says payment pending. I told the Celebrity agent I did not want this on a credit card being it was a Suite Perk but I am concerned because it stated payment pending. For those CC's who have pre-booked how did the perks appear on your Product Summary Confirmation Sheet? Did it say Paid or Payment Pending? Hopefully I don't need to go to Guest Services to correct charges that were perks. I assume she would have access to my credit card on file when I booked the cruise. I will be on a 16 night TA and I would appreciate your experiences in this matter, thank-you.

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about it. I always call enhancements before my cruise and make reservations for my complimentary suite dinners. It does say payment pending, but you are not charged for the reservations. This is a wonderful perk that Celebrity offers.

Thank - You for the phone number. I called, made my two complimentary restaurant reservations and when I received my confirmation it says payment pending. I told the Celebrity agent I did not want this on a credit card being it was a Suite Perk but I am concerned because it stated payment pending. For those CC's who have pre-booked how did the perks appear on your Product Summary Confirmation Sheet? Did it say Paid or Payment Pending? Hopefully I don't need to go to Guest Services to correct charges that were perks. I assume she would have access to my credit card on file when I booked the cruise. I will be on a 16 night TA and I would appreciate your experiences in this matter, thank-you.

Don't worry about it. I always call enhancements before my cruise and make reservations for my complimentary suite dinners. It does say payment pending, but you are not charged for the reservations. This is a wonderful perk that Celebrity offers.

Can't wait for the TA, we will be one of the 1st to try out the new menu in the Suite only restaurant.

I enjoyed the specialty restaurants last month on some B/B cruises. In reading the latest brochure for Americas received last week from Celebrity it looks like when the Suite restaurant opens the are no longer offering the free dinner in a specialty restaurant any longer for the lower couple suite classes.:(

Summit, 5/8/16 Solstice, 2/14/16 Ruby Princess, 5/3/15, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess Elite 221 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity Elite+ 757 points

I would book through the Captains Club number before boarding. Wish I had thought of that. We had a not good experience when we cruised in our first suite on the Summit last October. Our butler introduced himself by saying he was new on the Summit and didn't know where anything was located. When I asked him to make a reservation at the specialty restaurant he agreed. He then got back to us 2 days later to say they were booked that night. I then said any other night would be fine. Again after a long delay he reported all reservations were booked. Never thought to put us on a waiting list. I called Guest Relations and had us added to the waiting list after the Normandie confirmed no time available and did not offer to put us on a wait list. Although a space did become available it was for early io the day we had an all day snorkel/boat trip and when we got back we were too tired to go. I did call and cancel about an hour before in case someone else was on the waiting list.

So, I don't believe they hold some spots for suites, at least not Sky Suites.

The net is that we are back to sailing Aqua Class, so much for trying a suite experience. We are not demanding passengers and I had heard such wonderful things about having a butler, but we never experienced them.

In reading the latest brochure for Americas received last week from Celebrity it looks like when the Suite restaurant opens the are no longer offering the free dinner in a specialty restaurant any longer for the lower couple suite classes.:(

Not the case, according to current literature.