Refurbished Royal Caribbean terminal in Galveston?

longhorn2004

Requires you to be a digital subscriber for the full article and pictures.

Sorry about that! :o I'm not a subscriber. I found the article by doing a Google search for "houston chronicle galveston terminal."

I did the same search again just now, that the top of the page says it is a "free access view." There is a complete article with pictures if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from a B2B out of Galveston on Navigator. It looks like they have been moving some dirt around and I'm not sure, but I saw a passenger gangway sitting on the north end that was not there before we left. It was not connected to anything.

I hope the Port Of Galveston is on top of temporary enhancements for arrival of Liberty November 13, 2015.

I drive by terminal often. As of this week, my optimism is not abound for evidence of progress! :confused:

But there is hope still, not much faith, for making the arrival a successful event !

We will not be able to give last minute updates on progress, for we and the rest of Galveston, it seems, are bringing in the Liberty!

We will have first hand knowledge of the experience though!

Thank you for the updates, please continue to do so as you see things progress. I'm sailing on Liberty on Nov. 22nd, this year. Hopefully they will have something temporary to accommodate the larger ship for embarkation/disembarkation.

It would be nice to have one of the Galveston cam point to that construction site.

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

Edited by StrikeEagle

This is a great idea! I think I'll suggest it!

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."

William Arthur:) I like !

---------------------------------------------

We have and always adjust to sails.

But Galveston is our home port,

And it does not always make up us proud!

Adjusting cam is great idea.

Happy sails everyone !

Since we on the repo,

I will give you last minute report before leaving for Ny and first minute report on arrival back in Galveston,

Edited by ssb

Since we on the repo, I will give you last minute report before leaving for Ny and first minute report on arrival back in Galveston,

Thanks ssb. Your updates are very much appreciated by all of us. It's nice to hear you are going on a repo cruise. That is something on my bucket list.

Smooth sailing and calm seas during your cruise!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Temporary tent is up at terminal two!

This is similar to large tent approach used in Rome Italy.

Thanks for the update. What is the purpose of the tent? Is it for check-in or is it a shaded shelter to wait inline to enter the building?

Thanks

Edited by StrikeEagle

Thanks for the update. What is the purpose of the tent? Is it for check-in or is it a shaded shelter to wait inline to enter the building?

Thanks

Hopefully they use temporary tent for shaded area for waiting and seating and check in ,

And then the old check in area for moving people off ship to disembarking passenger holding area and expanded baggage Claim.

But BIGGEST issue will be not RCCL or Terminal ,

It will be whether Custom and Immigrations expands there area, functions , personnel , and services . C&I ALWAYS causes the back up and time delay.

• 2 weeks later...
Any news?

There is very large tent on west side of terminal with a enclosed walkway to ship area. All connected to old tterminal! We will be on Liberty Sunday bringing her home! Will up date with our experience and new procedures !

There is very large tent on west side of terminal with a enclosed walkway to ship area. All connected to old tterminal! We will be on Liberty Sunday bringing her home! Will up date with our experience and new procedures !

Please take pictures especially the place where we check-in our luggage. I'm planning to drop off our check-in luggage directly at that place instead of going through the porter because last time I waited forever to find a available porter. We'll be on LOS on the Thanksgiving week.

Thank you

Edited by StrikeEagle

Please take pictures especially the place where we check-in our luggage. I'm planning to drop off our check-in luggage directly at that place instead of going through the porter because last time I waited forever to find a available porter. We'll be on LOS on the Thanksgiving week.

Thank you

Luggage drop off will be in the same place. I am sorry to hear about your difficulty with a porter. I believe that the white tents will be used for guests who have checked in and are waiting for boarding. Liberty is a larger vessel and carries a lot more passengers that the Navigator ships that have been sailing out of Galveston previously. I have no doubt that RCL will be making every effort to give you a good embarkation experience.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...