Worth upgrading for 5 nights??

Hi all,

We've booked an outside stateroom for the 19th May allure out of barcelona. It's my husbands first ever cruise and I want to make sure he enjoys it so we book for next year (that's the idea behind the 5 nighter!) now I'm wondering of its worth upgrading to Central Park balcony or maybe even an outside balcony, is it worth the cost for 5 nights?? Would appreciate any opinions, not sure we will be in the cabin that often, we are off the ship for two whole days..... Can't decide what to do!!!!

Thanks all!! X

Hi all,

We've booked an outside stateroom for the 19th May allure out of barcelona. It's my husbands first ever cruise and I want to make sure he enjoys it so we book for next year (that's the idea behind the 5 nighter!) now I'm wondering of its worth upgrading to Central Park balcony or maybe even an outside balcony, is it worth the cost for 5 nights?? Would appreciate any opinions, not sure we will be in the cabin that often, we are off the ship for two whole days..... Can't decide what to do!!!!

Thanks all!! X

I'd consider an upgrade to an OV balcony. I'd not go from an plain OV to a stateroom with no ocean view.

You didn't mention the cost of the upgrade, but if its affordable, I would definitely do it ! The extra space is nice, and nothing more enjoyable than watching the sunset from the balcony, or just enjoying breakfast or an afternoon drink on it !

Totally agree.

We can't fathom NOT having an outside balcony anymore - the views are often amazing.

An upgrade from an ocean view to end of the ocean view balcony I would consider for the right price.

I do not consider Central Park balconies to be an upgrade from an ocean view in any way and would not take one even with a diamond balcony discount making it less than an ocean view.

Turns out it's an extra £400 to upgrade, not sure......

Is that the total to upgrade to an OV balcony? If so, I'd still seriously consider it. You're making an investment to ensure your husband's participation in future cruises.:)

Yeh, that's the total (£200 each) - I know what your saying but it just seems like a lot when we are only on a 5 night trip and off the ship for two days..... Still not convinced the cost is worth it or not.... Totally on the fence!!!

For £400 it would definitely be worth it to me especially on this ship. We did Oasis last year and there really are very few places to sit and see the sea, without a balcony it would not have felt like a cruise.

We are balcony people though and use ours a lot even on port days. We eat breakfast out there, love watching us pull in and out of port and often relax outside for an hour or so after coming back onto the ship, with a glass of wine, before getting ready for the evening.

If you don't think you would do this and rather be out and about around the ship it may be a waste of money for you .If you do book it though be prepared to want one next year too!

Julie