Just back from Navigator Cruise - March 8th trip

I'm not sure what the dock was called in Cozumel but it is the one next to the resort with the big Hut....I think there was a Senior Frogs there as well.

One other thing....I would recommed that you do the self disembarkation. We left our room around 7:15AM and we were in our car by 8:20. The hardest part was waiting in line to get off the ship, but once it started moving it went pretty quickly.

Thank you for the review and great pictures. We will be on Navigator April 12th, will be my fathers first cruise.

I was curious if you remember what any of the movies playing on the deck were?

We are trying to decide if we want to try Sabor, everyone seems to really like it so I'm thinking we may try it for lunch one day.

Hmm, don't remember ever doing that .................. just someone glancing at the seapass cards is all.

P.S. Great photos, thanks.

I remember this last time in Cozumel, they wanted to look through your bag if I remember correctly, or you to open it for them, and they would take your water bottle and shake it... I guess trying to see if it was alcohol, not sure what else they would be looking for.

I'm not sure what the dock was called in Cozumel but it is the one next to the resort with the big Hut....I think there was a Senior Frogs there as well....

International Pier.

The only movie I'm aware of that was played was the movie Theory of Everything. We saw it on as we were walking to Johnny Rockets to eat dinner. I didn't think it was the best choice of movie to have playing as we walked by they were doing a spinal tap on him...ewwww.

I'd give Sabor a shot....they are open for lunch only on sea days, so take that into consideration.

Edited by levonfan

The only movie I'm aware of that was played was the movie Theory of Everything. We saw it on as we were walking to Johnny Rockets to eat dinner. I didn't think it was the best choice of movie to have playing as we walked by they were doing a spinal tap on him...ewwww.

I'd give Sabor a shot....they are open for lunch only on sea days, so take that into consideration.

Thanks!

Thanks for the review and pictures. We're on NOS next year and she seems to be a big neglected when it comes to reviews and pics. Especially since post dry dock.

Question...is the sun deck above the panoramic view deck 12 rooms open to the public or was it reserved for suites?

may I ask who is the cat rolling the cigars and where can I find him?

He is to the right in front of the stores when you get off the ship in Roatan. My brother in law got a few of his cigars and said they were pretty good. I think he paid $15 for 5 smaller cigars and a wooden box they came in. I just thought it was a good photo op.

Thanks for the review and pictures. We're on NOS next year and she seems to be a big neglected when it comes to reviews and pics. Especially since post dry dock.

Question...is the sun deck above the panoramic view deck 12 rooms open to the public or was it reserved for suites?

I'm not really sure but I think it was open to the public.

One other note....the only issue we encountered was the bar area in the Solarium. There never seemed to be enough bartenders working. The first full day at sea around noon there was only one guy working and he was swamped!!

Yes the deck above 12 is open to the public with many sun chairs for all.

Also, we were docked at the International pier last week. Taxi prices have gone up $1 on all trips since last June and it sounds like they are about to go up another $1 in the near future as cabbie thought it had already taken effect when he dropped my family off at Nachi.

You took some great photos!

Do you happen to remember if they were offering buy 1/get 1 drink packages if purchased on board? I'm hearing rumors about it and would save quite a bit of money if it were the case and I cancelled my online purchase.

I am so sorry that you did not feel your best on your cruise.

Stomach issues are actually going around. My son had it last week, hubby, now, me. I cant imagine being on a cruise with how I feel today.

You pictures are amazing.

We will be on the Navigator next week with the same itinerary. We arrive in Cozumel at 7am, and judging by your sunrise pic, you were there early as well. Did you head to Nachi right away or wait a bit since it looks like they aren't open until 9?

Edited by indolent

We will be on the Navigator next week with the same itinerary. We arrive in Cozumel at 7am, and judging by your sunrise pic, you were there early as well. Did you head to Nachi right away or wait a bit since it looks like they aren't open until 9?

Yes we arrived pretty early. We went and ate breakfast in the MDR and then after that we left the ship. It was probably around 9:30 or so. The taxi lines were pretty long, and we were told to go out this one door to the right. Some people got mad at us because they thought we cut the line but we just did what we were told.

I think we got to Nochi around 10 or so and it was not crowded at all, never really got that way. The cost for the cab ride was $34 we just gave him $40 since there were 4 couples of us. Again, it took about 15 min to get there.

I love the clarity and colors in all your pictures. What kind of camera did you use?

I have an older Nikon d7000 and used an 18-105mm lens the entire time, it isn't the best for low light situations but I made it work. Hopefully will be going to a full frame camera soon, or buying some new glass. Wife has been pushing me to quit my job and just do photography....luckily she makes pretty good money.

I do shoot everything RAW, and then process in lightroom/photoshop. I did everything really quickly yesterday when we got back.

Edited by levonfan

I have an older Nikon d7000 and used an 18-105mm lens the entire time, it isn't the best for low light situations but I made it work. Hopefully will be going to a full frame camera soon, or buying some new glass. Wife has been pushing me to quit my job and just do photography....luckily she makes pretty good money.

I do shoot everything RAW, and then process in lightroom/photoshop. I did everything really quickly yesterday when we got back.

Yeah, I quit considering photography as a profession when I found out the average income for a pro is about $13 an hour.