What time do you board on overnight cruise?

maadimom

I'm trying to book the airfare for our Turkey, Croatia, Greek cruise. Getting there is no issue at all, but the return isn't as easy. I had wanted to leave and tour Istanbul a couple days before, but now may have to do that at the end of the cruise since most viable flights seem to leave at 6am and we dock at 7am.

Here's my question. The cruise begins in Istanbul on September 30, but doesn't depart until October 1. What is the usual boarding time in this case? And, should I wind up having to book airfare arriving on the 30th, can we still count on the 1st being a full day to tour the sites? Keep in mind I plan on staying a couple days at the end of the cruise in this case.

I can't wrap my mind around what would be the best here, but I know someone on here probably has had to do something similar and can help me out.

Thanks!

I'm trying to book the airfare for our Turkey, Croatia, Greek cruise. Getting there is no issue at all, but the return isn't as easy. I had wanted to leave and tour Istanbul a couple days before, but now may have to do that at the end of the cruise since most viable flights seem to leave at 6am and we dock at 7am.

Here's my question. The cruise begins in Istanbul on September 30, but doesn't depart until October 1. What is the usual boarding time in this case? And, should I wind up having to book airfare arriving on the 30th, can we still count on the 1st being a full day to tour the sites? Keep in mind I plan on staying a couple days at the end of the cruise in this case.

I can't wrap my mind around what would be the best here, but I know someone on here probably has had to do something similar and can help me out.

We have done that a couple of times out of Venice. I usually board as if it was leaving the same day to get the most of that city. On October 1st, you could be leaving mid afternoon, so in actuality you may only have 24 hours, not really two days.

Thanks!

+We did a cruise from Istanbul with a overnight at the beginning. We arrived on first day and boarded at 3pm. The next day we were still in port until 5pm. We booked a full day private tour from 8:30 am to 3pm with others from our roll call.

At the end of the cruise we stayed in Istanbul for three nights.

We booked a walking tour leaving from our hotel the day of debarkation. We had private transportation from ship to hotel. Dropped our bags and met our tour guide in lobby at 10am.

You are right air flights are very early from Istanbul to gateways in Europe. We left our hotel at 3am for a 5:30 am flight from Istanbul to Amsterdam for connecting flight back to the US.

Have a great time in Istanbul I love it.

Here's my question. The cruise begins in Istanbul on September 30, but doesn't depart until October 1. What is the usual boarding time in this case? And, should I wind up having to book airfare arriving on the 30th, can we still count on the 1st being a full day to tour the sites?

If you log in to your cruise reservation, you should be able to see the itinerary including departure time on day 2. I have an Equinox cruise in July that overnights in Istanbul on day 1 and doesn't leave until day 2. The itinerary clearly shows the departure time, which in this case happens to be 6pm. Boarding time on day 1 should not be affected by the fact that the ship overnights there. Log into your reservation and see what the itinerary says about departure time for your particular cruise.

Edited by waterbug123