Military O.B.C.

zider

They have changed part of the procedure. We have recently changed the way we add on military benefits and so for future bookings if you just mention it at time of booking they can add this on for you. You would then just need to take your proof onboard with you, So Now you only have to send your details once & for future bookings tell whoever you are booking with & it will automatically be added to your account onboard,But you have to show your proof of service to the Pursers to prove it

Hubby has just got one of these military cards but we couldn't have it added to our Britannia cruise as it was booked before the scheme was started, even though we don't sail until August. It would have been £150 which is quite a good extra OBC.

It does not matter when!! you booked the cruise you can claim it up to seven days before sailing So I would try again after all you have nothing to lose.

Thankyou might give it another try. They are saying that the scheme didn't start until May last year and I booked Britannia the end of March which meant it wasn't up and running at the time I booked.:confused::confused::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to claim military OBC more than once? We are about to book three cruises and it would be great to be able to get it for each! Also, is the amount dependent on the duration of the cruise or is it fixed? And is there a minimum cruise duration for it to apply?

It does not matter when!! you booked the cruise you can claim it up to seven days before sailing So I would try again after all you have nothing to lose.

I believe its for bookings after May `14 as it did not come into force till May 2014. If I`m wrong please let me know as any extra OBC is welcomed:)

I`m about to send off my paper work to P&O as another cruise was booked yesterday. I`ll check with TA first.

Regards

W&P

We booked 3 cruises for this year whilst on Aurora at Christmas. Military benefit was awarded for each cruise, and is awarded to the first 2 passengers in the cabin, whether they are both ex military, or only one of them.

Brian

Unless you get the muppet on Azura who calls himself the loyalty manager who was insistent it was only for those who are ex military, despite my telling him it says different on the website and we have had it awarded to the first two passengers in the cabin on every cruise..he advised me that this was obviously an error as he had done loads of these and knows what he's talking about..I told him to leave it off and I would sort it when I got home,,half an hour later official confirmation email from p&o pings through showing military credit on both passengers account..next day note from loyalty manager saying he had awarded this himself as he is so generous, or words to that effect. Que my return home and complaint to head office about how their loyalty manager is clueless and also a bit of a fibber!

Thank you Brian, that's really great news! More to spend on on-board bubbly then!

Please let us know how you get on. We booked Britannia about 5 days before the OBC started for military in May 14, and was told we couldn't get it. We booked too early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi YES you can use it for every Cruise you book in the year - we do:) and have done for years:)

Don`t understand this as P&O on introduced the military benefit last May. It is awarded for cruises booked after May 2014 only:mad:

Regards

W

Hi YES you can use it for every Cruise you book in the year - we do:) and have done for years:)

DOH!!!!! Sorry this reply should have gone to the Lady asking about how many cruises she can get her additional OBC for having Carnival Shares - oops :)

• 2 months later...

P&O kept the Military benefit quiet. It's not easily found on their web site and who would know to look without web sites like this.

We have only just found out about it and have it added for our next cruise. We missed out on our previous cruise. :(

Edited by Scorpio41

We weren't able to get it on our last cruise as we booked a late saver and you can only get it on select or early saver. This time we told T.A. and they added it to invoice but said we need to show proof onboard as well. We have my hubby's discharge papers. I'm guessing as you have to show proof onboard you will have to each time as presumably it will only be used for the purpose of that cruise.

On another note we have just signed up to the Defence Privilege Card and paid our £4.99 for the 5 years and it says you can get 10% off RCI and Celebrity cruises if you are serving military or a veteran with at least 20 years service. We haven't tried it yet as not booked any of these recently but would be interested if anyone else has got it.

Princess Cruises give you $250 military obc if you book a cruise of 14 days and RCC give you a 10% discount off the price of your cruise. When I asked P&O they said I could only get obc on an early saver of select price holiday so no extra on a late saver not even a drink for the old man...........guess that's the difference between the Americans and the British........... they love the military and cant do enough for them.:(

We didn't get it on Cunard with a late saver fare. Like P & O you only get with a select or early saver.

Haven't been on Princess Cruises but it says on the website combinable with most fares, some restrictions apply.