Views while sailing Alaska

presjade

Hubbard? As I mention, all the way in, Hubbard is forward. There is a sea lion haul out on the right side, you will pass at unknown distances. But binoculars are always needed.

the ship, at it's turn around point will place each side for viewing.

If you stay in your balcony- only, you have less than half the viewing potential.

I have this itinerary as well. What about the back aft cabins? Do we get any viewing time at hubbard?

I have this itinerary as well. What about the back aft cabins? Do we get any viewing time at hubbard?

We were on the NCL Sun cruise and Hubbard glacier was on our iterinary as well. You cannot miss the glacier from anywhere on the ship. Even the side views, the ship waits right in front of the glacier. We were on the top deck because they announced an ETA of 1:00 pm for us for the glacier. We actually arrived at the glacier at around 4:00 pm. By 2:30 pm my 2 boys were bored and cold and tired and we gave up our prime spot on the top deck and went to our rooms and decided to view whatever we could from the balcony. Looking back, we should have done that to begin with. Comfortable, warm, private and enjoyed the glacier calving.

Hubbard Glacier is forward during the transit, which can offer scenic sailing. Especially great with bow viewing ships. The only time I do aft viewing is upon leaving. My scenery sightseeing is frequently wildlife searching- where aft is also the worse place, for my priority. Many- people rave about the aft location. :) They know something. :) There is a sea lion haul out on the right side, on a point- if of interest. Binoculars are necessary.

I also never use the upper deck viewing areas. Always- greatly prefer the lower, open wrap decks. First - they are totally unobstructed, and the perfect example above- it's where the bulk of people go, NEVER have I not easily gotten rail space, and never had to camp out to keep it. I move with the ship- to see it all. Plenty of people are perfectly fine with only partial views- those will line up the "ship turns" comments. :)