Teppanyaki on Getaway Question

fefe

I've read that Teppanyaki's food is cooked with pretty heavy garlic. Can anyone confirm? Can you request no garlic? Thanks!!

Ask the restaurant manager when you make your reservation or earlier in the day so the chef knows ahead of time. I wouldn't expect a problem.

We enjoyed the Teppanyaki on the Getaway although it was incredibly noisy and everything was cooked with TONS of garlic, butter and soy sauce. I didn't see any other flavorings such as ginger used.

I'm sure they could cook your food off to the side without the garlic, it would then be very buttery and salty.

We ordered filet and lobster (not on the menu but it was happily provided) and the filet and lobster portions were very generous and cooked to the perfect temperature/consistency.

Just my 2c but I would say that if you have a great Teppanyaki restaurant near you at home then I'd skip the one on board for one of the other specialty restaurants. However if you don't have a local Teppanyaki then it's a fun experience. Just drink a lot of water so you don't dehydrate with all of the salt in the soy sauce!

Yes, I thought they used a ton of garlic in the rice at Teppanyaki, but I LOVE garlic, so I was happy about it!

I just dont like the salt it ruins the flavor of the food and not so good for you. Unless it needs alot of salt:eek: