Wifi Cost Oasis and Allure

I read a recent post that unlimited internet on the Oasis is now $140 for two devices. Is that for any 2 devices at the same time? My wife and I would each have an iPhone, and I would have a laptop, but we would only access the internet with 2 of the 3 devices at the same time. (I could not find the information on Royal Caribbean's website.)

I read a recent post that unlimited internet on the Oasis is now $140 for two devices. Is that for any 2 devices at the same time? My wife and I would each have an iPhone, and I would have a laptop, but we would only access the internet with 2 of the 3 devices at the same time. (I could not find the information on Royal Caribbean's website.)

Yes, when they advertise a Wifi plan for X number of devices, that's how many devices can access the Internet using your account at any given time. So you could both use your iPhones at the same time, but if you also tried to connect with your laptop, one of the iPhones would lose their Wifi connection.

We just got off OAS yesterday and I got unlimited one device $89 with my C&A discount. Unless you both need to be on at the same time there is no point in getting two devices. You can log off/on easily and a couple of times the system didn't pick it up and I was on two devices a few times. If you want to text between IPhones then I guess you would need two device plan.

I'm on Oasis now and since I'm traveling with another group I opted for the 2 device plan. That allows me to leave my iPhone connected 100% of the time for messages between us. The ship is so huge, and our cabins are at opposite ends so it allows us to communicate easily.

I then log in either my laptop or iPad depending on what I need.

Not the right choice for everyone but it works for me.

So do you leave your phone in airplane mode until you log in or do you just keep it loged in all the time.

What about phone service how do you work that with a I phone

I logged in and setup the account right from my phone while were still in port at FTL and then switch to airplane.

I put the iPhone in airplane mode first and then turn on WiFi only. That allows me to use the shipboard WiFi but have no risk of any voice or data charges at all. When you do that you cannot make calls or send SMS text messages. You can however use the Internet, use Apple Messages to other iPhone users as well as FaceTime to off ship parties. If you have appropriate accounts you can also use Skype for phone calls though I would not recommend it.

That way my phone is constantly connected for any personal emails, iMessage communication or others but no phone calls.

We're on a sea day right now as I sit in Boardwalk typing this.

The only place I've had any issue wivWiFi access is Cenral Park. Everywhere else on the ship it works great.

There are several posts about the price on allure as well (I made one of them). Cost is $140 for the week for 2 devices. There are other packages too but you can search for my posts to find them.

There are several posts about the price on allure as well (I made one of them). Cost is $140 for the week for 2 devices. There are other packages too but you can search for my posts to find them.

Thanks Copter, I will look for your post. Somehow they have skipped my sight.

Pricing as typed off the information in our cabin from our Feb 7 night sailing

Best Value~Unlimited 2 devices $140

Unlimited 1 device $105

Daily (valid for 24 consecutive hours) $30

Hourly (60 minutes that can be used throughout the cruise) $29.95

The unlimited pricing is before the D/D+ discount is applied which is $29.95

this is done when you are signing up.

I'm on Oasis now and since I'm traveling with another group I opted for the 2 device plan. That allows me to leave my iPhone connected 100% of the time for messages between us. The ship is so huge, and our cabins are at opposite ends so it allows us to communicate easily.

I then log in either my laptop or iPad depending on what I need.

Not the right choice for everyone but it works for me.

You apparently sign up for wifi packages on board. Find no way on the web site?

Leaving this Saturday on Oasis.

Thanks.

You apparently sign up for wifi packages on board. Find no way on the web site?

Leaving this Saturday on Oasis.

Thanks.

Correct. You cannot pre-purchase the WiFi packages.

Once you get on board, just select the WiFi network 'royal-wifi' on your device and the first page you get will includes the instructions to set up your account, and choose the package you wish and you are good to go. If you are eligible for a C&A discount, it will show up during the selection process at that time. With my Gold Crown & Anchor status the full week package for 2 devices was $126.00.

Now both devices can't be on at the same time correct? So my husband and I couldn't communicate on the ship together.

If you choose the 2 device package then both of them can be connected at the same time and you can communicate with each other throughout.

You'll just need to have a communication tool that uses the Internet to stay connected. I'm using Apple Message on iPhones with the folks I'm traveling with this week and that's how we are connecting with each other to reconnect or communicate plans. If you both use iPhones that will work fine for you. If you have another platform, you'll just need a messaging app that uses the internet to communicate between the devices.

Yes, when they advertise a Wifi plan for X number of devices, that's how many devices can access the Internet using your account at any given time. So you could both use your iPhones at the same time, but if you also tried to connect with your laptop, one of the iPhones would lose their Wifi connection.

Random item tied to this that I learned on Oasis this morning. At least in my experience, when I had 2 devices already connected (iPhone and iPad) and tried to use the third (Laptop); it did not kick one of the others off. You are presented with an error message:

An Error has occurred

The maximum number of devices have been reached for this account. Please try again later.

Which means you have to have the device you want to logout close at hand to switch it's access over to another device. You have to take that device to logout.nomadix.com to disconnect it and then you can connect the alternate device.

We are just off the Brilliance and our wifi sign up clearly noted if you wanted to log on to additional devices, you had to log off one that was already accessed. They also offered a 4 device plan which I was not expecting. It was $161 with our C&A discount and worked well for us. We could keep in touch with each other and out daughter and my husband could also log on to his computer for work.

Leaving on the Allure of the seas in a week. Wondering how the Internet connection is on the ship when you purchase one of their packages. Any opinions on this? Is it worth purchasing? Just wondering if it is fast and consistent with connection. Thanks for any information.

Oasis speed was blazing! We were able to FaceTime and send video clips. I had the one device unlimited with my discount was $89. A couple of times I was able to log on two devices without getting one kicked off. I stayed logged in 100% of the time. I did not use airplane mode just turned off cellular roaming and data in systems menu. I was able to text to anybody on any platform. It was IMessage if only to another IPHONE or SMS if not. We were in house buying process so it was great being able to sign documents as fast as if I was on my home network. DW even downloaded a book.

Pricing as typed off the information in our cabin from our Feb 7 night sailing

Best Value~Unlimited 2 devices $140

Unlimited 1 device $105

Daily (valid for 24 consecutive hours) $30

Hourly (60 minutes that can be used throughout the cruise) $29.95

The unlimited pricing is before the D/D+ discount is applied which is $29.95

this is done when you are signing up.

Are there any discounts for other C&A levels?