Barcelona Cruise

2 day ticket on the hop-on hop-off bus. The routes take you to everything there is to see in Barcelona.

Try and find a hotel near Plaça de Catalunya. Near Las Ramblas, easy to get to from the airport, plenty of eateries and the hoho bus runs from here.

Pete

I just booked a cruise from Barcelona, on the Brilliance of the Seas for June 2016. Any ideas on hotels and sightseeing? We are probably going to have 3 days in Barcelona.

Thanks

You will find great information on the Ports of Calls Forum. Just click on Europe, and then find Spain.

On day on the HOHO definitely is a good idea to get the lay of the land. The metro is also a good way to get around.

DEFINITELY SEE...

Las Ramblas - right on the HOHO path - along this is the Market of St Joseph - SO cool to see everything in there. Be sure to stop in at Pinnochio's (spelling is different) for a coffee and xixo (donut type treat).

La Sagrada Familia - right on the HOHO path

The church in the Barri Gotic District (I can't remember the name) and the plaza in front of there - especially if you're there on a Sunday, you can see the locals dancing, it's just a great experience. We went to church service there too before a Sunday departure, which was also an amazing experience. A few blocks from the HOHO path and Las Ramblas.

Park Guell - this one very pleasantly surprised me. Easy to get to w/ a short walk from the HOHO.

Maybes: I'd do one but not both maybe of these two, unless you're a huge Gaudi fan.

Casa Batllo - Very cool on the outside and some neat stuff inside.

La Pedrera - Not a ton inside of super entertainment, but the roof was pretty cool, as is the exterior, but you don't need to pay to go inside to see that.

Hotels - I can only speak about where I stayed.

First time we were at the B Hotel. It was pretty close to a metro station, so that was nice, especially coming from the airport, but it was not walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Pretty nice rooms (but small - isn't most of Europe compared to what we're spoiled with?)

Second time we stayed at Hostal BCN Port. It's a few blocks from Las Ramblas, but still close enough to walk, and much cheaper than right on Las Ramblas. It's also a pretty easy stroll to the port on the final morning, even dragging a suitcase. Smaller rooms, not as nice as B Hotel, but perfect to keep a budget inline.

Both places were good about allowing us to drop off luggage until our rooms were ready (when you fly in from here you tend to get into BCN at like 8am).

Judy

Hi,we stayed in 2 hotels.The Silken concordia before cruise good location near the fountains and 5 mins from port.

We stayed at the Hotel Lleo after cruise for one night great locaction round the corner from Las Ramblas.

None were fancy but good locations.Were on room only so don't know about food in them.

Good if you can the right price.

Take a look at TripAdvisor for reviews and travelrepublic

Barcelona is a fabulous city. Please be sure to reserve tickets in advance to La Sagrada Familia. You'll skip the line that literally wraps around the block. It's really incredible.

I agree with the previous posters re points of interest.

Just walking down Las Ramblas is a treat, the city has a great vibe.

We stayed at Hotel Jazz which is right off Las Ramblas. Perfect location, great hotel and service.

Please be sure to read the various ports of call boards for your cruise so you can gather the info necessary for a spectacular time. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I'm excited for you!

When we did the 2011 TA from Barcelona, 90 from our Roll Call, stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Universal, very modern Hotel and you can walk easily to Las Ramblas. I would also go to the Europe Ports of Call then Spain and you will get a wealth of information there. If you need a shuttle I recommend Autos Vilar, they picked us up at the airport to our Hotel then to the cruise terminal.

http://www.hotelbarcelonauniversal.com/en/

Autos Vilar: http://www.autosvilar.com/

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Multiple times to BCN. Stay on or near Ramblas. So happy when I see people take the time to see that city vs FLY IN, FLY OUT.

As mentioned, the hop on hop off bus is great. Get a 2 day pass and enjoy.

If there are more than two of you traveling, and plan on staying in Barcelona for 3 nights or more try renting an apartment. Saved us a quite a bit of money last year when we were there post cruise. We were a family of 4 adults and stayed 5 nights. The apartment had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a large living area and kitchen with washer/dryer. It was located on corner of Placa Catalunya and very convenient to Las Ramblas. The department store across the street had a grocery store in the basement and was very convenient, we had breakfast every morning before heading out to explore.

We were a family of 5 and rented a 3 bedroom apartment for 3 days, which saved us a bunch of money. The apartment had 3 full baths, a full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, a balcony, washer and dryer and wifi! Lots of space and very comfortable. Walking distance to metro and lots of restaurants. Barcelona is great! You will love it!!!

We did a cruise out of Barcelona on Liberty in 2012. I fell in love with Barcelona! It is the most awesome city. Have a look at my blog here Barcelona is Day 1 and Day 2 (see the labels on the right of the page)

You must see the Magic Fountains of Montjuic and the Sagrada - both of these were mind-blowing.

Feel free to ask any questions.

We are hoping to do a cruise out of Barcelona on Harmony in June 2016, I can't wait :D

We were a family of 5 and rented a 3 bedroom apartment for 3 days, which saved us a bunch of money. The apartment had 3 full baths, a full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, a balcony, washer and dryer and wifi! Lots of space and very comfortable. Walking distance to metro and lots of restaurants.

Would you mind sharing more about this apartment - sounds perfect for what I am looking for!

Gill and Grant,

This is the apartment we rented when we were in Barcelona 3-days precruise a few years ago. It was absolutely charming with the mosaic floor tile throughout. We really had no complaints and would rent it again in a heart beat.

http://www.vrbo.com/296425

Let me know if you have any other questions.

We were on the Serenade in July 2014/

I ditto everyone saying rent an apartment; I got one through AirBnB that was much cheaper than it would have cost to put the four of us in a hotel.

Also ditto on getting Sagrada Familia tickets ahead of time. You walk right in at your scheduled time instead of waiting in line. Also, we climbed one of the towers and really enjoyed the views (elevator up; walk down.)

Other than that, we mostly just rambled through the area of the city near our apartment. It was a great way to see some non-touristy things.

We had a day in the city on the way home, too (flight didn't leave until 11pm); that day, we got the HOHO ticket. We finished the day by taking the HOHO to the train station, and took the train to the airport, which was much cheaper than a cab. (And, meant that on that day we were on a ship, in a cab (to Columbus circle to catch the HOHO), on a bus, on a train, and on a plane!)

[There is a company that collects bags right outside the port, and delivers them to the airport for you. You pick them up there. Well worth it!]