Laundry question.

Dolebludger

I was wondering about the size of the laundry bag. Is it the cloth one that is in the suite? It doesn't seem like it would hold much. As I happen to have a Seabourn laundry bag, I think I am going to practice stuffing it as full as I can get it in anticipation of our 36 day cruise. If both of us choose the laundry perk, hopefully that will be enough to at least get all the basics laundered!

I was wondering about the size of the laundry bag. Is it the cloth one that is in the suite? It doesn't seem like it would hold much. As I happen to have a Seabourn laundry bag, I think I am going to practice stuffing it as full as I can get it in anticipation of our 36 day cruise. If both of us choose the laundry perk, hopefully that will be enough to at least get all the basics laundered!

If you choose this as your perk from your loyalty status do remember you can put in a new bag every 7 days. My husband and I do this and we get by with needing to do hardly any hand washing.......it is mainly light weight gym clothes.

It is amazing how much you can squish into that laundry bag :D.

It has always been 1 bag every 7 days.

By the way if you tightly roll everything and pack in one at a time you can get lots of items in one bag.

I was a little embarrassed sending such a tightly packed bag at first but I soon got over it!

The laundry comes back beautifully washed and ironed.:)

Edited by wjf
Spelling

It does involve rolling, and making sure the roll is in the direction of most air expelled, turning things sideways, sliding things into cracks, using your knee to compress..

For me its a personal challenge now as well… can I beat my previous record… nothing at all like a PB

One further clarification is that for gold and platinum members the laundry option gives one free bag of laundry every seven days or part thereof rather than just one bag every completed seven days.

It is one free bag for each gold/platinum member per 7 days. That means for us two bags per week as we are both platinum.

Maybe it was just my last Sojourn cruise - HK to Singapore but laundry in on say Monday morning was back on Wednesday afternoon. On all previous cruises where we've been eligible for the free $50 bag (about 8 so far) that laundry was back and hung in the closet by Tuesday afternoon.

Bear in mind when you put the last load in for washing ahead of packing.

Maybe it was just my last Sojourn cruise - HK to Singapore but laundry in on say Monday morning was back on Wednesday afternoon. On all previous cruises where we've been eligible for the free $50 bag (about 8 so far) that laundry was back and hung in the closet by Tuesday afternoon.

Bear in mind when you put the last load in for washing ahead of packing.

I have had a similar experience on more than one occasion. The service is expensive and slow. Seabourn needs to step it up - most 5-star hotels provide same-day service at no extra charge if laundry is dropped off before 9am, and same-day express service if laundry is dropped off by noon.

It is two day service. 50% surcharge for one day service. We never request one day service and 10% of the time it might accidentally be returned early.

Laundry by the bag qualifies for Regular Service which is 2 days. Same day is at a 50% premium. Monday am to Tuesday pm whilst short of 48 hours but still two days has been the case on every other cruise we've done since we acquired Gold and then Platinum status several years ago. Monday am to Wednesday pm is longer than 48 hours and for mine is 3 days. The point of my post was not to be long-winded about laundry charges but to warn against complacency on the last time you put in your washing.