Sailing the first week of April?

BonnieSte

The first full week of April is always our spring break but every area is different. Many schools have spring break whenever Easter happens to be. This year, the first week of April is also Easter week, so there are a higher than usual percentage of schools who will be on spring break. Next year, the prices are much lower the first week of April because Carnival anticipates fewer schools being on spring break. Still, if you want few kids around, you'll have to sail during non-vacation weeks in the fall or winter, avoiding holidays like Columbus Day and MLK.

Carnival has adult-only areas. Some have only loungers and hot tubs, while others have pools, so you'll have to specify the ship.

The first full week of April is always our spring break but every area is different. Many schools have spring break whenever Easter happens to be. This year, the first week of April is also Easter week, so there are a higher than usual percentage of schools who will be on spring break. Next year, the prices are much lower the first week of April because Carnival anticipates fewer schools being on spring break. Still, if you want few kids around, you'll have to sail during non-vacation weeks in the fall or winter, avoiding holidays like Columbus Day and MLK.

Carnival has adult-only areas. Some have only loungers and hot tubs, while others have pools, so you'll have to specify the ship.

Thanks Katie, not sure which ship yet. Just trying to get as much info as possible right now. I have only been on Carnival twice and loved both cruises.

Probably 1,000+ kids. Consider going later in April or May or take longer, like 9+ nights, cruise.

I think that is a very high number unless you are talking about a ship with 6000 people. We went two years ago Easter week and while there were plenty of kids, they didn't overrun the ship..about 600 on the Liberty between 2-18. The serenity deck on there is adult only as is the aft pool.

We will be on the liberty in less than two weeks and I am sure there will be lots of kids but not 1000+

The shorter and less expensive the cruise, the more kids you will see. The longer the cruise, the more $$ and less kids. That's been my experience anyway.

In the south, Easter has nothing to do with spring break. Our district ALWAYS does spring break the first week in April no matter when Easter falls on the calendar. I'm from Atlanta and it's always been that way. The system sets a certain week and every year it's that week. Nothing to do with Easter, whoever the silly person was that said that.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by t1adams

I wonder about the week of the 15th - thinking of cruising this week, dont care if there are a lot of kids on the cruise or not, more so just about pricing. havent booked yet, the 4 day i am looking at is like...220.00 pp, a bit high IMHO :eek:

The shorter and less expensive the cruise, the more kids you will see. The longer the cruise, the more $$ and less kids. That's been my experience anyway.

In the south, Easter has nothing to do with spring break. Our district ALWAYS does spring break the first week in April no matter when Easter falls on the calendar. I'm from Atlanta and it's always been that way. The system sets a certain week and every year it's that week. Nothing to do with Easter, whoever the silly person was that said that.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That person was not silly. How rude! In my school district in PA Spring Break is always the week before Easter plus Easter Monday unless we lose days because of snow.

Nothing to do with Easter, whoever the silly person was that said that.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Some districts set spring break the same week every year. Others always have spring break whenever Easter is. Others have spring break during Easter unless it's very late or very early. That is why prices are highest during Easter week and places like Disney are packed to capacity. Perhaps it was a generalization to say that southern schools have spring break during Easter, but some southern school districts do. If you want to know how many school districts have spring break during a particular week each year, the crowd prediction calendars for Disney are a good indicator.

Some districts set spring break the same week every year. Others always have spring break whenever Easter is. Others have spring break during Easter unless it's very late or very early. That is why prices are highest during Easter week and places like Disney are packed to capacity. Perhaps it was a generalization to say that southern schools have spring break during Easter, but some southern school districts do. If you want to know how many school districts have spring break during a particular week each year, the crowd prediction calendars for Disney are a good indicator.

Key word....."some." Yes it was a BIG

generalization. Other parts of the country equally do the same thing.

Back in the day....30+ years ago, they did try and connect the two. Not anymore.

Edited by t1adams

I'm the one that said it b/c growing up in NC and going to school here, we ALWAYS did spring break the week of Easter. As did the school districts around me.

My husband and I usually sail out of Galveston in April. I never noticed an unusually high amount of children on board. We usually have spring break in March in Texas. Thanksgiving week was a different story. There were over 1000 kids on board and we could definitely tell. They weren't bad kids and we did enjoy the cruise.