Up to the minute cruise deals for first timers

Kthypear

I booked a RC Sept 3rd New England cruise through Travelocity. Now every week I am getting deal alerts showing how I could have gotten more bang for my buck. Has anyone every made changes with Travelocity after they just paid their deposit, to get the extra perks, and is it worth the time and effort? I mean if all I am going to get is a buy one get one half drink drink package I won't worry about it, but if overall prices decreased enough I might. Makes me think I should have waited to book but there are so many people that book a year out, I thought there had to be a good reason to do so.

Thanks, Kathy

Call your TA and ask for the price drop, for them to re-fare the cruise. Sometimes you can get the extra perks, sometimes you get a lower price but lose some perks. You don't know if you don't try. Your one leverage is that you can still cancel and rebook (sometimes with another agency) if they balk. EM

By all means find out what this third party website might allow in terms helping you benefit from any price drops, but don't be surprised if you find that it is more trouble than it is worth.

Researching prices, itineraries, ship reviews, etc...on these websites are very good for this purpose, but a lot of people feel strongly that once you have made your decision you are better off dealing directly with your chosen cruiseline.

I wouldn't say that you shouldn't deal with a third party, but I would say if you were going to do so it would be on the recommendation of a trusted friend.

As I was suggesting, don't worry about the price changes. The price was good enough for you to book initially.

Just look forward to your trip. Go to the port of calls section on cc so you can start planning. Maybe join your cruise roll call.

and

Have a great trip