My Thoughts - Serenade of the Seas March 14-21, 2015

Yes. We are actually booked for the 11-29-2015 sailing of Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston. :)

Our first Freedom class ship was on Liberty a few years ago and we loved it....then recently we cruised on Indy (Liberty's sister) and loved it again. I believe that ship had plenty to do, and wasn't too big at the same time. Easy to go from place to place....which is nice as well.

Thanks Night One for you honest opinion of your cruise. I have found useful information here and value each contributor's opinion. Please do not let people belittle your personal views. I have learned much from what you said and know that when I board the Serenade in Stockholm in July, my cruise will be some good, some neutral and yes, even some bad!

By the way, you mentioned the Carnival Breeze. It's a great ship. You should totally do it!

Edited by Moremajor
Spelling errors

Thanks Night One for you honest opinion of your cruise. I have found useful information here and value each contributor's opinion. Please do not let people belittle your personal views. I have learned much from what you said and know that when I board the Serenade in Stockholm in July, my cruise will be some good, some neutral and yes, even some bad!

By the way, you mentioned the Carnival Breeze. It's a great ship. You should totally do it!

Glad it was useful to you. A lot of people seemed to take it as negative "review" but I thought it was positive overall. As time continues to elapse I continue to remember the positive things and am forgetting about many of the negative things. :)

A few weeks back I wrote in another thread that my overall rating would probably be around 85 at this point as a result of the above.

Revisiting my original conclusion:

So if I asked myself: "Would I go on another Royal Caribbean cruise?" and the answer is Maybe.

While I think the Radiance class is very nice looking and has some great qualities I think any future cruise would need to be on Voyage or better yet Freedom class. I'm waiting for 2017 dates to get posted and if I see a Freedom class ship out of Galveston then I will need to make a serious decision between that and Carnival Breeze (which is moving to Galveston). being able to drive to a port is a big factor for us and Royal pulling out of NOLA is sad

The answer to "Would I go on another Royal Caribbean cruise?" is definitely a yes. I did book a Carnival Breeze out of Galveston but I am also booked on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston this November too.

Also, I would sail on another Radiance class ship again too but I would prefer it to be port intensive like the Southern Caribbean itineraries. (although that wouldn't be a hard requirement)

The answer to "Would I go on another Royal Caribbean cruise?" is definitely a yes. I did book a Carnival Breeze out of Galveston but I am also booked on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston this November too.

Also, I would sail on another Radiance class ship again too but I would prefer it to be port intensive like the Southern Caribbean itineraries. (although that wouldn't be a hard requirement)

We would probably sail on the Serenade again - if it hadn't been pulled out of NOLA :( Instead, we are doing the Carnival Dream out of NOLA in January. I'll be looking forward to your review of your Carnival cruise. As my Grandma would say "You done good" in your Serenade review.

We would probably sail on the Serenade again - if it hadn't been pulled out of NOLA :( Instead, we are doing the Carnival Dream out of NOLA in January. I'll be looking forward to your review of your Carnival cruise. As my Grandma would say "You done good" in your Serenade review.

Yes, I feel like you and I are in similar boats being that we've both been on Serenade out of NOLA, have Carnival Dream cruises booked for next year, and both prefer to sail out of NOLA. Oh, and you always sail before me. :)

Yes, I feel like you and I are in similar boats being that we've both been on Serenade out of NOLA, have Carnival Dream cruises booked for next year, and both prefer to sail out of NOLA. Oh, and you always sail before me. :)

LOL! Well, I guess we will have to do competing Dream reviews from different perspectives. Looking forward to it....