just had call from very rude custome rrelations uk

After I posted on here and on face book I was contacted by customerrelationsUK@rccl.com to discuss the issue I had- OMG:eek:- he was soooo rude - very abrupt manor then refused to pass me someone else when I asked - Why did they bother phoning I didn't ask him too- His call has left me shaking /upset- He basically said USA has different conditions (for diff read better ;) yes I would have gotten what I wanted if booked with them - but did I realise I would have had to call to USA to book it. All of that is fair enough but it was they way he addressed me and answered any questions that was really bad (and I am used to dealing with the FDA- give me their investigations instead any day). HE was so brash and unhelpful- almost felt like he was sneering/laughing at me- There is no way i WILL EVER book through the UK after that call. Cannot believe that was customer relations - Were they trained by the KGB!!

NOTE TO UK AND EU - USE USA TA'S for much much better prices/ booking conditions and hopefully nicer custom relations

Edited by fragilek

Do something that makes you happy.

Like write about it on cruise critic, shall we ?

lets get back to the beginning.

Someone posted negative comments about RCCL both on cruisecritic and facebook.

On foot of this, A Rep from RCCL contacted them, and the poster said they were rude.

I think the poster should be happy that RCCL had someone from customer service contact them in the first place.

The way the "Rant" is written in the first post, its my understanding that he/she wants to be noticed.

Just goes to show RC do scour these pages and do take note

Most of all they add particular people to the naughty list:D

Once you sign up for a meet n mingle, they have your reservation #, and know exactly who you are.

They have other ways to find out who you are as well

Sail date I am on, blah blah my cabin is #1556 etc....

Roll calls!

Big brother syndrome people:)

Last cruise I was on, few of the staff called me by my screen name

All good as I knew them from previous cruises and yes I tipped them well;)

Happy Days!!

How did they track you down? Did you leave personal contact details on your original post?

For me, I made a comment once, and my Pom poms were the wrong color

Luckily the staff that knew me, told me I had to play nice;)

You have a CC account

You are a C&A member

You have cruise calendars

You join roll calls

You join a meet & mingle

You post a review

You post photos

From the above even a 5th grader could put a name to a face.

Some people just give out too much information these days!!!

Try this for fun, Google your name, select images, see how many photos of you pop up:eek:

and know exactly who you are.

Yes they do, and some have yet to figure that one out.

Some people just love to moan about everything, and then there are the constructive and polite comments.

The first post in this thread is not the latter

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is a nice person, warm, funny, interersting, and beautiful

Do RCI still have staff in the UK?

I thought that the whole UK customer services department was now in Guatemala, or was this where the call came from? Just curious to know if there is still a UK office :confused:

just what I was about to say.

Like write about it on cruise critic, shall we ?

lets get back to the beginning.

Someone posted negative comments about RCCL both on cruisecritic and facebook.

On foot of this, A Rep from RCCL contacted them, and the poster said they were rude.

I think the poster should be happy that RCCL had someone from customer service contact them in the first place.

The way the "Rant" is written in the first post, its my understanding that he/she wants to be noticed.

I strongly disagree. Customer service should be responding to each and every complaint period. They are not doing ME a favour, they are doing their job, and I should not be made to feel grateful for a simple call, in which was claimed to be rude.

I have gone back and read the OP's "rants" as you call them, that choice of wording is very unkind and unfair. The OP did make a few booking mistakes, however, he was led astray and is is frustrated by the difference in accommodations to his ability from merely booking with a UK vrs US site.

I do not find you nice, kind and a beautiful person, as you have suggested in an edit. You are taking specific issue to this poster without providing help, insite and simply being unkind. Here is what the OP states in his post. I do not find this a fruitless complaint, nor a rant, but that is me.

"I booked a gty cabin and waited until my room was assigned then tried to do what others had said they can do in the usa. Which is change once the room is assigned Special services have confirmed that this would not be an issue with a usa booking but cannot be done with a UK one copy of their email

"We are truly sorry that you been feeling discriminated by the fact of

terms and conditions are being handle in the US Market. However there is

nothing we can do at this point since every market has the right to have

their own policy and in this particular case UK Market is quite clear

regarding terms and conditions of guarantee staterooms.

One more time, we are sorry for any inconvenience that this matter may

cause.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

today."

When I booked there was hardly any difference in price between gty and assigned - I chose gyt after speaking with RCCL on the phone as they said there was a chance that some of the larger OV rooms may be assigned to us that way - none were still available to choose (and a slightly larger one has been). I had read stuff on here about changing after assignment and made the mistake of not reading all the small print that would show that the UK is different".

I know that this is my mistake but it still seems mad that they would prefer to keep me in the non disabled room - give me a shower seat, provide a fridge for meds rather than swap me- I wouldn;t even mind if they wanted to charge me the diff in price between what I paid and what an assigned room was back then.

They must even have a recording of my phone call where I asked if any disabled rooms were not loaded on yet and available for me to book for at the assigned price, they would then also here their agents say no and then advice to choose GTY as I may get more room that way.

How did they track you down? Did you leave personal contact details on your original post?

The OP was not contacted completely out of the blue, they had been trying to be moved into an accessible cabin that has become available. They originally booked a gty cabin and are trying to move to the accessible cabin without cost, which isn't an option with a UK booking. They had been corresponding with the cruise line prior to starting this other thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2183378

It does not excuse the attitude of the person calling but the OP had already been told their options.

Try this for fun, Google your name, select images, see how many photos of you pop up:eek:

I love doing this my name is also shared with a Male Model (People Magazine's Sexiest Model of the Year one year, and yes I own the issue). I scrolled down past 109 photos, so my kid (Not a jr), and then about 8 photos later there is me.

He must be really sexy, because I actually have a pretty strong online presence.

It does not excuse the attitude of the person calling but the OP had already been told their options.

Of course, we don't really know the attitude of the person who called. Sometimes, customer service folks are considered "rude" just because the person talking to them doesn't get what they want. (That may or may not be the case here.)

Of course, we don't really know the attitude of the person who called. Sometimes, customer service folks are considered "rude" just because the person talking to them doesn't get what they want.

Agreed Paul65.

Sometimes when people dont get what they want, they use social media and forums like this to vent their anger. (They "Rant" )

I think it in bad taste to be honest.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn has never been to Liberia,

they pm'd me and asked for my email or phone number I gave my email only so if anything I thought I would get an email at best.

I did not ask for any further contact with them when I posted on here. When contacted I was well aware of my mistake when booking and was expecting no further help - I still do not understand the point of their call. Why phone me to tell me once again it was my mistake and I should have read the small print and should have asked the rep other questions to clarify what she said. Also that bad advice is different from wrong advice stating they no obligation to help when given bad advise only wrong advise (they told me all this already- I got it first time)- do they really need to phone me to say I was stupid again!!

From my reviews on here, it is plain that I am not a complainer- of my 385 posts I believe that the post I was contacted about was my only "complaining type of one"

Edited by fragilek

Agreed Paul65.

Sometimes when people dont get what they want, they use social media and forums like this to vent their anger. (They "Rant" )

I think it in bad taste to be honest.

Social media is a very good tool to ensure others are aware that there may be better ways to do something - Thus I will continue to post that people in the UK may be better booking I through a US TA for RCI rather than through the UK booking site/line - I wish I had seen it discussed more on media before I booked. If someone else now reads that booking through the US will give them more flexibility for changes/ OBC if prices drop and free cancellations and it also save them money, then they can make a more informed decisions to book either with the UK or the US.

You may have a problem with that- luckily for me (and others getting the info) I do not