Celebrity, how can I pay in full?

Gitte

How can I pay. It's time for final payment. It is not possible via the website. I get the message after post the payment data: We 're sorry page not found.

I get no response to e-mail and by phone, waiting more than 20 minutes..... And still nobody.

It is no longer fun. :confused:

Gitte

How can I pay. It's time for final payment. It is not possible via the website. I get the message after post the payment data: We 're sorry page not found.

I get no response to e-mail and by phone, waiting more than 20 minutes..... And still nobody.

Gitte

You have done a good job explaining one (of several) reason why we book with cruise agencies instead of directly with cruise lines. Another important reason is that we always save money (usually 7-10%) after factoring-in amenities such as OBCs, pre paid gratuities, etc.

As to dealing directly with X, just make sure you make that final payment on time! Not sure they will care about your excuse that their website does not work and they do not answer their phones.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

You have done a good job explaining one (of several) reason why we book with cruise agencies instead of directly with cruise lines. Another important reason is that we always save money (usually 7-10%) after factoring-in amenities such as OBCs, pre paid gratuities, etc.

As to dealing directly with X, just make sure you make that final payment on time! Not sure they will care about your excuse that their website does not work and they do not answer their phones.

Hank

I agree.

A quick email to my TA (I like paying a week early just to be sure), and he called me back in minutes, took my info, and it was done.

Let someone else do the work for you, and reap the benefits :)

20 minutes wait - That is nothing. Usually at least 45 minutes to an hour. Can suggest calling early in the day. Also NEVER wait till the last day to pay. Hopefully you are not in this situation.

It could depend on how you booked the cruise.

Do you see your reservation listed when you log into your Celebrity account?

If so, do you have access to the payment information?

We find it very easy to make payments on the website ourselves when it is a cruise we booked ourselves.

But if you did not book it yourself, or if you transferred it to a travel agent after you booked it, then all the payment information disappears from your account.

So in that case you cannot make payments online yourself but would need to contact someone else to make the payments for you.

When making a payment ourselves, we get immediate confirmation and can see that the remaining balance due has been updated right before our eyes, so there is no doubt.

If making final payment, I always like to see that zero remaining balance due immediately appear on my account while I am sitting right there watching it.

I can't do that when using a travel agent, but often find it worthwhile to use a TA anyway for the extra perks. There are always tradeoffs, whichever way we do it.

Edited by varoo

We've been paying incrementally on our next cruise on the web site with no issues. I usually do not have a long hold time with the Captains Club but Saturday was an exception. I just put the phone on speaker and read cruise critics, fb etc. When the agent answered she said she was in on her day off and was surprised to see such long wait times so early in the morning. Maybe it has something to do with the new promotion. She was very professional, took care of my call in a few minutes, we chatted for 30 seconds and agreed she should get to the next caller.

Thank you all for the help. :)

The payment it's finally done. 20 minutes on the phone. And you can not pay with the website, it does not work.

They know the problem with payments.:( :( :rolleyes:

Gitte

Thank you all for the help. :)

The payment it's finally done. 20 minutes on the phone. And you can not pay with the website, it does not work.

They know the problem with payments.:( :( :rolleyes:

Gitte

Glad it worked out to be not too painful, enjoy your cruise.:D