Just booked Oasis - MTD is full (huh?)

We just booked the Oasis for early September (family of 7). My TA said that late seating was the only dining option available - both early seating and MTD is full (or at least, not an option for my reservation). I get Early Seating being full, but had not heard about MTD being unavailable too.

My fear is that perhaps there's a very large group on this cruise. My TA thought it might have something to do with the implementation of dynamic dining.

any thoughts on why this would happen?

Thank you for your help.

I am on the sept 19 of the oasis. I booked about 1 week ago. same thing. Only thing that was avail was the late seating. NO early, NO MTD. not sure how thats possible this far out.. but. I am just going to keep watching it.

Your TA might be right. They might be holding some stuff off in case they actually roll out the Dynamic things.

We just booked the Oasis for early September (family of 7). My TA said that late seating was the only dining option available - both early seating and MTD is full (or at least, not an option for my reservation). I get Early Seating being full, but had not heard about MTD being unavailable too.

My fear is that perhaps there's a very large group on this cruise. My TA thought it might have something to do with the implementation of dynamic dining.

Thank you for your help.

We were on the 3/7 sailing of Oasis and had MTD. While it worked ok for the 3 times we dined MTD (7:30 or later), we heard lots of complaints that it was overcrowded and disorganized. Perhaps they are trying to manage the crowds...

sounds like they are sorting some things out. since everyone is having the same issue. only 8:30 avail on 3 different cruise dates. And for me im just a party of two, so I would have thought MTD would have been avail. I did have MTD on the allure once before, and in my experience I never had a wait.

Similar situation on our September 2015 Allure sailing - we were given early dining as MTD was full. So our TA wait listed us for MTD. A few weeks later, I called RCCL to see what was up, the agent there updated our Emerald Status saying it would help us on the waitlist. A few weeks later (early March), the waitlist went away and we are now shown as MTD. So make sure your TA puts you on the wait list for MTD and you'll probably get it in a few weeks or so.

I'm surprised. When I found out that DD was being eliminated I called the Vacation Planner and asked that our group of 9 (3 small children) be placed in traditional dining at 6PM. I was told that all of the early seating was booked and this was some 15 months away. I argued with him and mentioned to him that being D+ I'm supposed to get first dibs on the dining avenue and time. This went to a deaf ear. He suggested MTD, however, it would open up for reservations 6 mos. prior to cruise. I'm not into taking chances as I heard/experienced the same thing about DD on the Quantum and Paxs were shut out from their desired times because they waited too long. Many could not get into any restaurants so they wound up in the WJ.

I've had successes in the past so I wrote to the RCL dining. Got no response. After waiting a week and still no response I called the C&A desk for help and to my surprise she said "no problem." I was relieved and thanked her profusely.

Suggestion: E-mail RCL dining of better yet call the C&A desk.

I suspect when dynamic dining went away, they just dropped people randomly into early dining and MTD. We are booked on Oasis in June. When they cancelled DD, we were put on early dining, while my parents (with linked reservations on the same credit card) were put on MTD. They had to be put on a waitlist for early dining so that we could at least eat together. Fortunately, they got on early dining about a week later.

So, make sure you are on a waitlist. Hope it works out!

Thank you for your help.

We are on Oasis on a B2B September 5 and 12. We have MTD but we booked the cruise in February 2014. Chose MTD then it changed to DD then reverted back to MTD in January.

Thank you for your help.

Keep watching.