beds in staterooms

number5

I've been on 3/4 Carnival ships and found their beds comfortable and was wondering about what make of mattress they use.

Can they be bought by members of the public ?

How often does Carnival replace the mattresses with new ones ?

How do Carnival beds compare with RCI, NCL or Princess ?

In my opinion the NCL Bliss beds are so very comfortable but comfort is so subjective. Hubby and I can never agree on bed comfort.

It seems that every time we cruise we see a number of beds being offloaded and new mattresses being brought onboard.

I think that you can buy the mattresses and bedding. Google it!!

Our beds in FEB on the Sunshine were very comfy. The last Freedom cruise they were hard as rocks and my hips actually hurt from sleeping on that mattress. Our first cruise it felt like I had died and gone to Heaven the beds on the Fantasy were sooooo comfortable.

If you like a mattress that is as hard and unforgiving as sleeping on the ground, then you will love the new Carnival mattresses.

I hope this is not true! Does anyone know if CCL is aware of the issue? I wonder how many of these mattresses they agreed to buy. They were changing out mattresses on the Sunshine in January- a huge dumpster full of mattresses were seen on the pier. That ship was just renovated a few years ago so surprised mattresses were needing to be changed out already, assuming the ship got all new bedding after dry dock. We slept fine, did not notice any difference from previous beds; I do use 2 or 3 pillows, however, while the kids just need 1. I suppose if someone becomes very ill, the mattress may need to be trashed and that may be what I was seeing on the Sunshine.