Ex Uk Sailings!

Have been told today from an area manager that Thomson , will be sailing from the Uk again, not sure whether this will be 2016 or 2017 but it will be with larger ship, possibly Splendour, (would not confirm/deny name!)

Have been told today from an area manager that Thomson , will be sailing from the Uk again, not sure whether this will be 2016 or 2017 but it will be with larger ship, possibly Splendour, (would not confirm/deny name!)

Interesting!!! Perhaps the Splendour conforms to the new regulations and will be cheaper to operate in UK waters than the others. I will be pleased to see a Thomson ship sailing out of the UK again though.

She did mention that the current fleet of ships were too small to make UK sailings viable with new legislation and tax changes, cost per passenger would be too great. Splendour possibly does comply with Nordic environmental law, so would be the obvious choice.

She did mention that the current fleet of ships were too small to make UK sailings viable with new legislation and tax changes, cost per passenger would be too great. Splendour possibly does comply with Nordic environmental law, so would be the obvious choice.

Well I must say ex-UK sailings will certainly appeal to me - I can't get enough of Norway/Iceland /Baltic. Brilliant cruises all of them! Guess they may try some round Britain ones too and possibly from different base ports too as they were experimenting with prior to pulling sailings from the UK. Having tried some larger ships (not the huge ones) I can appreciate that they do have some advantages. The Splendour seems about the right size for me so I'll be looking out for what Thomson has to offer.;)

Well I must say ex-UK sailings will certainly appeal to me - I can't get enough of Norway/Iceland /Baltic. Brilliant cruises all of them! Guess they may try some round Britain ones too and possibly from different base ports too as they were experimenting with prior to pulling sailings from the UK. Having tried some larger ships (not the huge ones) I can appreciate that they do have some advantages. The Splendour seems about the right size for me so I'll be looking out for what Thomson has to offer.;)

Some thing i found in the future, Thomson Cruises may own it,s fleet M/S1 and M/S 2 could be transferred to Britain :)

As long as some sail from Scotland else no real benefit cause we still have to fly down to Southampton.[ I know it,s not thom,s but you have BLACK WATCH EDINBURGH and BOUDICCA GLASGOW with BALMORAL all season at NEWCASTLE i hope this will help

As long as some sail from Scotland else no real benefit cause we still have to fly down to Southampton.[ I know it,s not thom,s but you have BLACK WATCH EDINBURGH and BOUDICCA GLASGOW with BALMORAL all season at NEWCASTLE i hope this will help

Bouducca & Balmoral are lovely ships - equally as good as if not better than Thomson. Haven't tried the Black Watch - yet!

It would be a waste to use the 'new' ship for ex UK cruises. All those balconies will be of little use in dark rainy northern climes.

Daylight hours are longer the further north you go in summer but you may be right about the rain!😀