On the Oasis. Any questions?

Hello cruise critic!! Thought about doing a live review, but I knew myself well enough to know I would not keep up with the review.

Few helpful tips about the Oasis...

-we bought the internet package for two devices at $140, but C&A discounts brought that down a bit. The speeds are great!!

-night one 150 Central Park was half off of $30--not $40 as advertised on the website. It is $30 all week, so if you are booked at 150, you will probably want to cancel and book on board.

-the Britto store isn't a true Britto store. It's more of a Park West store with mostly high-end Britto paintings, which tend to be 3-D.

-we weren't allowed to book a cabana in Labadee. They had what looked like a mattress on the beach for rent at $220, but we said "no thanks."

-reports of people leaving Cats early are true.. 45 minutes into the show, we left. I love musicals; was a music major in college! But this musical does not fit on a cruise ship in my opinion.

Any other questions?? :)

Yum! Can you get the cucumber martini any where else on the ship? How much are pay per view movies and what is the selection like? Is there a good variety of beer available besides at the pub ( I know their menu is extensive)?

Edited by Natmom

Yum! Can you get the cucumber martini any where else on the ship? How much are pay per view movies and what is the selection like? Is there a good variety of beer available besides at the pub ( I know their menu is extensive)?

Sadly, the aforementioned martinis are only available at 150 CP, but they will give you the recipe! (Can post picture later.)

Not in my room, but I will check the price of the movies when I get back.

I don't drink beer, but I asked my brother (mpoole3), and he said, "not extensive, just standard selection outside of the pub."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may sound odd, but I read a review that mentioned getting coffee the morning of debarkation was difficult. Is it possible to order room service the night before and have coffee delivered to your room at like 5-6am the morning of debarkation? Or does room service stop the day of debarkation? Also, when you order room service coffee, are you able to order like a pot of coffee? Or do they just bring you a cup? I booked a Thanksgiving cruise on Oasis, my first RC cruise, and can't wait! Thank you!

This may sound odd, but I read a review that mentioned getting coffee the morning of debarkation was difficult. Is it possible to order room service the night before and have coffee delivered to your room at like 5-6am the morning of debarkation? Or does room service stop the day of debarkation? Also, when you order room service coffee, are you able to order like a pot of coffee? Or do they just bring you a cup? I booked a Thanksgiving cruise on Oasis, my first RC cruise, and can't wait! Thank you!

No room service on debarkation day. They want you OFF the ship! :-/

It is just a cup of coffee.

First Oasis cruise? Exciting! Great ship. About to get off, but here is my view...

3b986b597e2ba67cb914ba5b011729fb.jpg

Sadly, the aforementioned martinis are only available at 150 CP, but they will give you the recipe! (Can post picture later.)

Not in my room, but I will check the price of the movies when I get back.

I don't drink beer, but I asked my brother (mpoole3), and he said, "not extensive, just standard selection outside of the pub."

Thank you!

Hello cruise critic!! Thought about doing a live review, but I knew myself well enough to know I would not keep up with the review.

Few helpful tips about the Oasis...

-we bought the internet package for two devices at $140, but C&A discounts brought that down a bit. The speeds are great!!

-night one 150 Central Park was half off of $30--not $40 as advertised on the website. It is $30 all week, so if you are booked at 150, you will probably want to cancel and book on board.

-the Britto store isn't a true Britto store. It's more of a Park West store with mostly high-end Britto paintings, which tend to be 3-D.

-we weren't allowed to book a cabana in Labadee. They had what looked like a mattress on the beach for rent at $220, but we said "no thanks."

-reports of people leaving Cats early are true.. 45 minutes into the show, we left. I love musicals; was a music major in college! But this musical does not fit on a cruise ship in my opinion.

Any other questions?? :)

Heard that the ship has an Abba Tribute Show, i don't see it at the booking show reservations link, so if you have any information as to where and when this show runs, would appreciate it. Also, do you have to pick up reservation tickets, or just show up...? Just love Abba!

Heard that the ship has an Abba Tribute Show, i don't see it at the booking show reservations link, so if you have any information as to where and when this show runs, would appreciate it. Also, do you have to pick up reservation tickets, or just show up...? Just love Abba!

ABBA tribute band was on last week. This week we have Moasic (seen before, good show). You book these shows as HEADLINER in your scheduler, and they vary by week.

Was the 1/2 off at 150 because of your C&A status or is that available to anyone? I have booked 3 specialty restaurants for my cruise coming up in May to get the 20% off - do you know if you book while on board do you still get the 20% off? Thanks!!

Was the 1/2 off at 150 because of your C&A status or is that available to anyone? I have booked 3 specialty restaurants for my cruise coming up in May to get the 20% off - do you know if you book while on board do you still get the 20% off? Thanks!!

The half off at 150 Central Park was offered to every one. (Heard they were doing it night two also).

The answer to your second question is maybe... We booked 150 on board and my brother (different room, different account) got both of our 20% back as OBC. Ship is working to get half of it off his account and on mine.

Also, 150 CP on the Oasis has changed to 4 course meal vs Allure is still doing that 6 course sampling menu. The server said people are enjoying the four slightly bigger courses on the Oasis vs what they have done in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I will cancel my reservations and book on board. :) We loved 150 on the Allure 3 years ago - we did both menus, so we are looking forward to it again. Thanks for the heads up on the number of courses too.

Love the martinis there too!!!

I'm seeing conflicting reports that the Chef's Table is gone on Oasis, or it's been moved to the Coastal Kitchen. I'm thinking that reports that it's now in the Coastal Kitchen is accurate.

So, my question is, from Cruise Compasses I've seen in a review from a year ago showed that there was a Chef's Table each night. Is this true? If so, the pressure to make all my specialty reservations as soon as possible will be eased.

Have you seen mpoole3, another cc poster who was supposed to be doing a live review? He had a list of questions he was going to get answers for.

Michael here! This is actually my brothers thread!

At the pub now as I post this. I no longer post my content on CC... :(

Are you having trouble getting drink service on board? Another thread said that he couldn't get waited on.

There are times when the bars are very busy, in fact today I waited 10+ mins by the pool. I figure I'm in no rush to go anywhere so I just wait with a smile.

I have notice non of the bartenders are very happy, not rude or anything just generally not happy. But then again they work very long hours every single day.

I have a AT&T phone. Do I call AT&T or do I wait till I go on the Oasis and get the

phone package deal for 30.00. Will they set this up or do I have to go thur AT&T> Thanks in advance.

ahh I should know this - I mean I do work for AT&T and all! I would call them week of cruise and add bolt on.

Also if you have an iphone you can facetime with the ships internet without any problem.

You can also but the internet for 24 hours for $10.