On the Oasis. Any questions?

Will be taking my first RCI cruise on the Allure next May and I've been reading about the drink price increases. Is there a drink of the day? If so, how much is it? I'm trying to decide if we should get a drink package or just pay as we go. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your cruise to answer our questions. I hope you have a wonderful trip. :)

First Royal cruise on the Allure? Exciting!

Yes, there is a drink of the day, but I do not remember how much it cost (as I rarely--if ever--go for the drink of the day).

If you think you will drink more than 35 mixed drinks (more if you add beer) throughout the course of the entire cruise I would buy the package. Last week there were days that I had 7 and others where I only had 3, but in the end I had more than 35 (5 drinks a day * 7).

You can always buy the drink package later in the cruise. An idea is you do not buy it, drink all you want day one and see how much you spend.

This is my personal opinion, but there is value to not worrying about the cost of drinks while on vacation. What is that worth? I don't know... maybe $100? :confused:

Sailing on Oasis Western in July - first since dining room changes. We have my time dining and I have booked our times. From what I have read deck 5 is "decorated" as Silk and deck 4 as the Grand. Both also show the main dining times?? We are requesting a table for 2. Any info about how they are separating the my time from the other, the decor, crowds, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Sailing on Oasis Western in July - first since dining room changes. We have my time dining and I have booked our times. From what I have read deck 5 is "decorated" as Silk and deck 4 as the Grand. Both also show the main dining times?? We are requesting a table for 2. Any info about how they are separating the my time from the other, the decor, crowds, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

We were in the Grand on this sailing with late seating. The Grand is split between my time and traditional. It looked like the right side was for my time and the left side traditional. There was always a line for my time dining waiting for tables. Not sure long they were waiting. There wasn't many tables for 2, so I'm not sure how they give out tables. Hope this helps. Let me know if have anymore questions.

The half off at 150 Central Park was offered to every one. (Heard they were doing it night two also).

The answer to your second question is maybe... We booked 150 on board and my brother (different room, different account) got both of our 20% back as OBC. Ship is working to get half of it off his account and on mine.

Also, 150 CP on the Oasis has changed to 4 course meal vs Allure is still doing that 6 course sampling menu. The server said people are enjoying the four slightly bigger courses on the Oasis vs what they have done in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting about 150 Central Park changing their menu. The portions were very small when we dined there in 2012 & our 17 yr old nephew was starving!! Went for the experience but the portions were soooooo small.

I am in the process of booking shows & dining times for my time( hope we get our table for 2!) for our July trip . From what I can see the 70's street party is on night 5 - the second formal night. Is that correct?? Many thanks for all your info!!

Interesting about 150 Central Park changing their menu. The portions were very small when we dined there in 2012 & our 17 yr old nephew was starving!! Went for the experience but the portions were soooooo small.

I am in the process of booking shows & dining times for my time( hope we get our table for 2!) for our July trip . From what I can see the 70's street party is on night 5 - the second formal night. Is that correct?? Many thanks for all your info!!

150 CP was one of my favorite meals all week. Everything was so fresh and delicious!

On our western Oasis cruise the 70's street party was at 10:00 pm on night 5 (second for night).

Here are pictures from our 150 CP dinner...

76b651c0c944ef4dcf1c718d72f94003.jpg

2fa8de4c3c6b345107e0196ea536ecac.jpg

57635917d147b9b8702023840662b44e.jpg

a572af735e3469e0a5e3128d97ddd629.jpg

9ed08d085e1133c2708165a2f3c75914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tennessee_Cruiser

I do not remember her name. She was good though...

Perhaps someone who was on the Oasis either with Tennessee_Cruiser or on a cruise on Oasis can let me know who the Activity Manager was/is onboard.

Glad to hear that she was good.

Sometimes the Activity Manager co-hosts the Morning Show with the CD, so if someone has a Cruise Compass they might see it listed there.

Thanks

Perhaps someone who was on the Oasis either with Tennessee_Cruiser or on a cruise on Oasis can let me know who the Activity Manager was/is onboard.

Sometimes the Activity Manager co-hosts the Morning Show with the CD, so if someone has a Cruise Compass they might see it listed there.

Thanks

I think I saw her co-hosting the morning show, but lately I have not been watching the morning show. I see you have sailed on the Allure, so you know the CD and the AD on Oasis class ships are not seen nearly as much as on the other classes. If I did not go to the Quest, I would have barely seen the CD.

I think I saw her co-hosting the morning show, but lately I have not been watching the morning show. I see you have sailed on the Allure, so you know the CD and the AD on Oasis class ships are not seen nearly as much as on the other classes. If I did not go to the Quest, I would have barely seen the CD.

I have cruised quite a few times on ships in the fleet, but I disagree. It doesn't matter the size of the ship, as to whether you will see the CD and AM a lot -- it depends upon the way they view their job and do it, and where you as the cruiser find your interests.

On our Allure cruise we had Allan Brooks (CD) and Zach Stratford (AM) and we saw one of them at MANY many things and at times just walking around the ship....it seems they took the more public hallways/walkways to go from venue to venue, rather than the crew walkway called "I95" in the belly of the ship.

We were on Indy recently and the CD wasn't very visible, except when he hosted an event -- and he did a very good job as host. But Amy Tripp (AM) was popping up all over the place, besides the events she hosted.

I have cruised quite a few times on ships in the fleet, but I disagree. It doesn't matter the size of the ship, as to whether you will see the CD and AM a lot -- it depends upon the way they view their job and do it, and where you as the cruiser find your interests.

On our Allure cruise we had Allan Brooks (CD) and Zach Stratford (AM) and we saw one of them at MANY many things and at times just walking around the ship....it seems they took the more public hallways/walkways to go from venue to venue, rather than the crew walkway called "I95" in the belly of the ship.

We were on Indy recently and the CD wasn't very visible, except when he hosted an event -- and he did a very good job as host. But Amy Tripp (AM) was popping up all over the place, besides the events she hosted.

I have had Allan Brooks twice. Once on the Freedom and then again on the Allure. I saw him FAR less on the Allure. At the same time, Ken Rush on the Allure was everywhere. But I still do not see them on the Oasis class nearly as much as on other classes.

I have had Allan Brooks twice. Once on the Freedom and then again on the Allure. I saw him FAR less on the Allure. At the same time, Ken Rush on the Allure was everywhere. But I still do not see them on the Oasis class nearly as much as on other classes.

I won't make excuses for them at all....but as I get to know more and more of them and more and more about what they are responsible for....perhaps (just perhaps) on any sailing at any time some more attention to 'backroom' issues had to be attended to by the CD than on other sailings.

I firmly believe that the CD and AM need to be visible.

Thanks

Her name is Allison (not sure of her last name). British accent I believe.

First Royal cruise on the Allure? Exciting!

Yes, there is a drink of the day, but I do not remember how much it cost (as I rarely--if ever--go for the drink of the day).

If you think you will drink more than 35 mixed drinks (more if you add beer) throughout the course of the entire cruise I would buy the package. Last week there were days that I had 7 and others where I only had 3, but in the end I had more than 35 (5 drinks a day * 7).

You can always buy the drink package later in the cruise. An idea is you do not buy it, drink all you want day one and see how much you spend.

This is my personal opinion, but there is value to not worrying about the cost of drinks while on vacation. What is that worth? I don't know... maybe $100? :confused:

So 5 drinks per day is the break even point? We have been debating between the soda package and drink package, but are leaning toward just soda.

Can junior suites use coastal kitchen

Just off Oasis. JS can use CK for dinner with reservations. We even invited new friends to join us. no problem, ate there 4 nights. would have done more, but had Giovani's first night, then formal in MTD, and Sabor the night we left Cozumel. menu switched on day 5. first menu was better