Suites may have to pay for room service

leeker13

Suite passengers don't use room service. They call their butlers to arrange delivery of food to their cabins. Are they really thinking of charging non-Haven suite customers every time their butlers bring food? This truly boggles my mind.

Just listening to the conference call going on, Haven Suites do not have to pay for room service, but they have not decided yet if non haven suites will get the fee waived.:confused:

Not sure why people keep posting misinformation but this is directly from the NCL Site:

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed (Room Service orders placed by guests sailing in Suites and The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

Not sure why people keep posting misinformation but this is directly from the NCL Site:

You're accusing Andy Stuart of misinforming people? That's pretty funny. :p

Plus there's this, which is also on the NCL website. In the list of things not included in your cruise fare, the last item is "Convenience Charge for Room Service on non-Haven Suites."

http://www.ncl.com/faq/cruise-fare-includes

I'm going to pause, take a deep breath and wait until the 2 week trial is over and corporate decisions are made. If in fact suite pax will be charged the "room service convenience fee" I will reassess. Our Star cruise is an SF on Deck 10, Getaway is a Haven, Pearl is an SF and Escape is a Haven. As my DH says, all the worrying in the world isn't going to change anything. We have UBP, UDP, OBC and DSC for all 4 cruises - even paying a RS fee I would be ahead. It's all hypothetical at this point so I'm just going to bide my time and see how this shakes out. I remember last year when they were going to sell the $99 suite package - IIRC that lasted all of 3 days (max!) before they withdrew it. Maybe this will turn out to be another stumble that will be withdrawn in short order (pun intended)!:)

I'm going to pause, take a deep breath and wait until the 2 week trial is over and corporate decisions are made. If in fact suite pax will be charged the "room service convenience fee" I will reassess. Our Star cruise is an SF on Deck 10, Getaway is a Haven, Pearl is an SF and Escape is a Haven. As my DH says, all the worrying in the world isn't going to change anything. We have UBP, UDP, OBC and DSC for all 4 cruises - even paying a RS fee I would be ahead. It's all hypothetical at this point so I'm just going to bide my time and see how this shakes out. I remember last year when they were going to sell the $99 suite package - IIRC that lasted all of 3 days (max!) before they withdrew it. Maybe this will turn out to be another stumble that will be withdrawn in short order (pun intended)!:)

What fun is that, everyone should cancel every cruise they have booked and picket the corporate office and inundate them with nasty faxes and emails and calls.

Finally a voice of reason emerges

Awaiting a decision....I am cruising in a suite in June..final payment made..so will be going no matter what ... Have a suite booked for May 2016...and is subject to cancellation by me if my premium fare does not cover everything it was to cover when I booked.