FTTF not available till 120 days before sail?

I just booked a fttf spot for my cruise end of October, just two or three weeks ago.. I know that sometimes they are not available far out from cruise,but if you keep checking often, sometimes they will open up.

Thanks for the replies everyone! We will watch.

This is the notice I get and why I asked:

Sorry that you can’t currently book this shore excursion. Why not? Please consider the following:

Are you trying to book a shore excursion too early? Most excursions are available for pre-sale 120 days prior to sail date. Feel free to have a look around and save those of interest to your favorites.

I booked FTTF for my son and family when we booked the cruise. It was 6 months out. I wonder if the original opportunities were sold out and now they are waiting for more to become available.

Thanks for your comment. I am also now wondering if it's because the cruise is January 2016. None of the excursions are available in our list yet. Someone on another thread suggested 2016 hasn't been offered yet.

We are sailing Jan 2016 and I've been told that none of the 2016 excursions are available yet. Someone on our rollcall said she called Carnival and they told her that for our cruise excursions would be available by June 1st....hopefully.

We are sailing Jan 2016 and I've been told that none of the 2016 excursions are available yet. Someone on our rollcall said she called Carnival and they told her that for our cruise excursions would be available by June 1st....hopefully.

Thanks. So I guess we will be looking closer to June. :)

When I called Carnival, I was told they would be available about 275 days out. Keep in mind, none of the 2016 excursions can not be purchased yet, but as of today at least the page loaded for my Jan 2016 excursions (previously it was just a spinning wheel). The page loads but you cannot yet purchase the excursions.

Those who were able to book 8 months out were for same calendar year (2015).

Edited by lizardhowson

When I called Carnival, I was told they would be available about 275 days out. Keep in mind, none of the 2016 excursions can be purchased yet, but as of today at least the page loaded for my Jan 2016 excursions (previously it was just a spinning wheel). The page loads but you cannot yet purchase the excursions.

Those who were able to book 8 months out were for same calendar year (2015).

Yes, thanks. We tried looking at the list a couple of days ago and only got the spinning wheel too. Thanks again.

I just went on to purchase the fttf pass, and it charges 49.95 pp, I thought it was per cabin.

Any help would be appreciated.

CAROLYN

Only 1 person in the cabin needs to buy FTTF, it covers everyone in that cabin.

It tells you that in the FTTF excursion info.

I booked ours November 2014 for October 2015. I'd just keep checking.

Carolyn, it says per person but only one person in your cabin has to buy it. There was a little disclaimer saying that when I did it, but it still read per person.

I booked ours November 2014 for October 2015. I'd just keep checking.

Carolyn, it says per person but only one person in your cabin has to buy it. There was a little disclaimer saying that when I did it, but it still read per person.

This is what all of the excursions say so far:

Oops...the site is not currently available, but we're working on it.

Honestly, nothing to worry about here. We'll be back up in no time. Just undergoing some routine site maintenance so everything that's supposed to zig, zag and zoom does exactly that.

I had the same problem last year for our January 2015 cruise out of PC. Kept getting the same message you got. Carnival said it was actually sold out. Continued to check multiple times daily and it never came up.

Booked 349 days out for our upcoming cruise out of NOLA in September 2015. Got FTTF that day as soon as I finished booking with our PVP. Soon after, I noticed it was sold out. Friends of ours booked the same cruise about 5 weeks ago and couldn't get it. I began keeping an eye on it for them and 2 weeks ago, at 5:00 in the morning it showed that it was available. I called him, he went online and booked it and as soon as he was done, the sold out notice popped back up.

Keep watching! You never know when it will show up again. Good luck!!!

I had the same problem last year for our January 2015 cruise out of PC. Kept getting the same message you got. Carnival said it was actually sold out. Continued to check multiple times daily and it never came up.

Booked 349 days out for our upcoming cruise out of NOLA in September 2015. Got FTTF that day as soon as I finished booking with our PVP. Soon after, I noticed it was sold out. Friends of ours booked the same cruise about 5 weeks ago and couldn't get it. I began keeping an eye on it for them and 2 weeks ago, at 5:00 in the morning it showed that it was available. I called him, he went online and booked it and as soon as he was done, the sold out notice popped back up.

Keep watching! You never know when it will show up again. Good luck!!!

Will do, thanks :)

Availability of FTTF varies. They only offer so many FTTF spots based on how many platinum and diamond guests they have. That's why it sometimes pops up after it hasn't been available for a while - another diamond or platinum guest has probably canceled their booking.