Half off Beverage Price Question?

Another question. I was looking at the promo, I know you have to call in to claim it now.. but it says 50 percent off second beverage package.

Two questions.

1. Do you have to add that before April 30 or since you booked during the promo time can you add it anytime and get the half off?

and

2. When you add a beverage package do you have to pay full price up front or can you add it on your room cost and make payments?

...2. When you add a beverage package do you have to pay full price up front or can you add it on your room cost and make payments?

Pay full amount immediately on your credit card.

Terms and conditions state that the package must be booked by April 30th.

Just a warning though. I have a cruise booked for Summer 2016. The cost for a D3 balcony with the promo code (BOGOBEV) is $2,898.96. The cost for a D3 balcony without using the promo code is $2,299.96. That's about $600 more for the cost of the cruise using the promo code. The cost of the premium package for a 7 day cruise is $405 (with the service charge). 50% off is $202.50. So I'd pay $600 more to save about $200. Essentially in the hole $400.

You may want to price the cruise with and without the BOGOBEV promo code.

Sorry I'm a little new at this. I though the promo was already included when you booked online. I tried to enter the code you said but it said invalid.

I know you have to call in to get the drink package.. but in order to see the different price you mentioned do I need to remove something?

Just a warning though. I have a cruise booked for Summer 2016. The cost for a D3 balcony with the promo code (BOGOBEV) is $2,898.96. The cost for a D3 balcony without using the promo code is $2,299.96. That's about $600 more for the cost of the cruise using the promo code. The cost of the premium package for a 7 day cruise is $405 (with the service charge). 50% off is $202.50. So I'd pay $600 more to save about $200. Essentially in the hole $400.

Yeah...I got same results:eek:

I'm confused and may be reading your post wrong...but isn't it buy one at full price and get the second at half off? So wouldn't your two beverage packages be $605 instead of $810? To me, that price is correct... :confused:

Edited by sredish

I'm confused and may be reading your post wrong...but isn't it buy one at full price and get the second at half off? So wouldn't your two beverage packages be $605 instead of $810? To me, that price is correct... :confused:

I was thinking the same thing :confused:

Sorry I'm a little new at this. I though the promo was already included when you booked online. I tried to enter the code you said but it said invalid.

I know you have to call in to get the drink package.. but in order to see the different price you mentioned do I need to remove something?

50% discount off second Premium Beverage Package is only for sailings in 2016 and 2017. Are you trying to use it for a 2015 sail date.

I am looking at Allure on Dec. 23 2016.. it says the half off the second guest like the promo on the front says... and it says call to get the half off drink package.. I had no clue I had to enter a code... but it's not working if I do?

Really confused... lol.

I just checked and it's one of the cruises listed under the promo that says it matches the promo.

I know the price of the drink package isn't in the price of the cruise that you have to call to add it.. I understand... but what I don't understand is someone taking the promo off and checking the pricing without the promo.. but I never entered a promo... and when I do try to enter the promo someone said it says invalid so maybe I'm getting confused for nothing...

Edited by beccaseraph7

I'm talking savings only. One Premium Beverage Package for a 7 day cruise including service charges would be about $405. Promo is for 50% off second Premium Beverage Package. So, 50% of $405 is $202.50. Which would make the total cost of 2 Premium Beverage Packages about $608.

But your're only saving $202. Only saving the 50% of the second premium beverage package.

So, for MY booking, I would be spending $600 more to save $202.

I am looking at Allure on Dec. 23 2016.. it says the half off the second guest like the promo on the front says... and it says call to get the half off drink package.. I had no clue I had to enter a code... but it's not working if I do?

Really confused... lol.

I just checked and it's one of the cruises listed under the promo that says it matches the promo.

I know the price of the drink package isn't in the price of the cruise that you have to call to add it.. I understand... but what I don't understand is someone taking the promo off and checking the pricing without the promo.. but I never entered a promo... and when I do try to enter the promo someone said it says invalid so maybe I'm getting confused for nothing...

Offer is also restricted to ocean view and higher staterooms. Are you trying to book an interior?

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Cruise must be booked Mar. 11-Apr. 30, 2015 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to 5-night or longer sailings departing on or after May 15, 2015; ocean view and higher purchased stateroom category. Offer excludes Quantum, Anthem, Ovation, and Harmony of the Seas, Transatlantic, Transpacific, and China sailings. Offer includes: (1) 50% off cruise fare of second guest, and, for 2016-17 cruises only, 50% off cruise fare of third and fourth guests, each of whom must be booked in the same stateroom as a first guest who books at full fare (“BOGO”), (2) 50% discount off second Premium Beverage Package when one is purchased at full price (provide promo code BOGOBEV at time of booking), and (3) 50% reduced deposit. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. Premium Beverage Package includes wines by the glass, beer, fountain soda, and premium cocktails and frozen drinks; does not include in-stateroom purchases, specialty coffee, mini bar items, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus or super premium category beverages. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth at the time of booking. Beverage Package must be booked by April 30, 2015.

Nope Dec. 23, 2016, balcony room, 2 people, Allure.

It's included under the promo when you search for cruises it includes.

I tried to put the promo in before even picking a room and it says: The promo code entered is either invalid or not applicable. Please try again.

On the page though it says call to add the drink package.. so before even hearing this I had no clue you had to enter a promo code.. it doesn't say anything about that, that I can see.

On your terms I see it says that now... I didn't see that on the website, now I do... Now I'm completely stumped lol... dang it why do they have to make this so complicated.

Edited by beccaseraph7

Yes it's for Premium only and new bookings I think.. but I can't figure out what you guys are saying about taking off the promo.. I have no clue how to... I entered no code....

RCCL's website seems to frequently be hard to navigate. :p

Nope Dec. 23, 2016, balcony room, 2 people, Allure.

It's included under the promo when you search for cruises it includes.

I tried to put the promo in before even picking a room and it says: The promo code entered is either invalid or not applicable. Please try again.

On the page though it says call to add the drink package.. so before even hearing this I had no clue you had to enter a promo code.. it doesn't say anything about that, that I can see.

On your terms I see it says that now... I didn't see that on the website, now I do... Now I'm completely stumped lol... dang it why do they have to make this so complicated.

I agree completely. Your cruise is listed as available for the promotion. And again you are correct, its not accepting the promo code; says its invalid.

Perhaps you should give Royal a call to book and verify.

Well I'm glad you caught this for me, I wasn't aware I was doing anything wrong... I would have been mad when they wouldn't give me the drink package when I called later in the month!

Thank you! I will call them later today I can't right now and figure out what's up.. but thanks again for catching it!

Well I'm glad you caught this for me, I wasn't aware I was doing anything wrong... I would have been mad when they wouldn't give me the drink package when I called later in the month!

Thank you! I will call them later today I can't right now and figure out what's up.. but thanks again for catching it!

I'd be interested in their reply. So please post Royal's response. Good luck.

I thought the premium package included latitudes coffee.. The post above terms and conditions says no specialty coffee. Does anyone know?

Specialty coffee is only included in the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

I am going to try to figure this all out and THANK YOU AO MUCH for typing it.

I had booked Navigator for February 2016. Monday, I moved our cruise to Navigator leaving

on January 31. The base price was about $20 less on my new booking even though it is one extra night (now 6 nights).

So, my base price is $20 less but my cruise came out to $400 more???

When I do the math for gratuities and beverage package it all is correct but an extra day of gratuities and beverage package for two people, shouldn't be $400, is that correct?

It has been bothering me all week but I can't figure it out.

Do I need to do the math without the beverage package?

Three adults were on the Navigator for February 20 and moved to January 31.

E1

$125 off (or $120 can't remember) for my Emerald C&A

Two people purchase the Beverage Package at BOGO half off

6 nights.

How can this be $388 more than my original booking (after my gratuities are paid).

My base is $2178.39 without the C&A discount

Then gratuities for three people and beverage package for two come to an extra $604.

I am very confused and they kept repeating the numbers but I cannot see this is correct.

$216 are gratuities for three people total for a six night cruise.

$604 (price difference) - $216 gratuities = $388

Do I need to just cancel my beverage package and pay for it on a credit card since I am paying more with the promotion?

I guess I need to know how much this exactly comes to for a 6 night cruise. Did the drink package go up within the last week (I was on vacation last week so may have missed it which means it would be different from my original booking for February 2016).

Please help me, this is bothering me so much all week, something is not right, or maybe it is an it's me LOL

THANK YOU.

Edited by js

I am going to try to figure this all out and THANK YOU AO MUCH for typing it.

I had booked Navigator for February 2016. Monday, I moved our cruise to Navigator leaving

on January 31. The base price was about $20 less on my new booking even though it is one extra night (now 6 nights).

So, my base price is $20 less but my cruise came out to $400 more???

When I do the math for gratuities and beverage package it all is correct but an extra day of gratuities and beverage package for two people, shouldn't be $400, is that correct?

It has been bothering me all week but I can't figure it out.

Do I need to do the math without the beverage package?

Three adults were on the Navigator for February 20 and moved to January 31.

E1

$125 off (or $120 can't remember) for my Emerald C&A

Two people purchase the Beverage Package at BOGO half off

6 nights.

How can this be $388 more than my original booking (after my gratuities are paid).

My base is $2178.39 without the C&A discount

Then gratuities for three people and beverage package for two come to an extra $604.

I am very confused and they kept repeating the numbers but I cannot see this is correct.

$216 are gratuities for three people total for a six night cruise.

$604 (price difference) - $216 gratuities = $388

Do I need to just cancel my beverage package and pay for it on a credit card since I am paying more with the promotion?

I guess I need to know how much this exactly comes to for a 6 night cruise. Did the drink package go up within the last week (I was on vacation last week so may have missed it which means it would be different from my original booking for February 2016).

Please help me, this is bothering me so much all week, something is not right, or maybe it is an it's me LOL

THANK YOU.

Is it automatically adding the bev package for the third person? The math doesn't quite add up but that's the only thing I could decipher. $388 would be the cost of the ultimate, not premium, package including the 18%.

I'm on the same 1/31 sailing and booked last month with the free premium package offer (no BOGO, simply free beverages). If I plug in the BOGOBEV coupon, it still comes out slightly more than I paid and the math is still a few dollars off. I don't get it either.