Half off Beverage Price Question?

Is it automatically adding the bev package for the third person? The math doesn't quite add up but that's the only thing I could decipher. $388 would be the cost of the ultimate, not premium, package including the 18%.

I'm on the same 1/31 sailing and booked last month with the free premium package offer (no BOGO, simply free beverages). If I plug in the BOGOBEV coupon, it still comes out slightly more than I paid and the math is still a few dollars off. I don't get it either.

Oh, I booked last month too, March 6. I guess I had the free beverage package, this seems to ring a bell. I have a few vacations booked and three other cruises, two of which on different lines, so maybe don't remember. SO, when I booked last month, I had the free beverage package, that makes more sense but I specifically said only two people have the beverage package and gave them the names.

Is it per day or per night. We are on a 6 night sailing so am I multiplying by 6 or 7.

If I'm multiplying by 6 I am not getting half off the package.

Oh, I booked last month too, March 6. I guess I had the free beverage package, this seems to ring a bell. I have a few vacations booked and three other cruises, two of which on different lines, so maybe don't remember. SO, when I booked last month, I had the free beverage package, that makes more sense but I specifically said only two people have the beverage package and gave them the names.

Is it per day or per night. We are on a 6 night sailing so am I multiplying by 6 or 7.

If I'm multiplying by 6 I am not getting half off the package.

If you used the coupon code BEVERAGES you would have not gotten half off the second persons cruise fare, you would just be getting 2 "free" premium packages (which are reflected no where in what I can see online on my reservation). You're paying for 6 days of the package not 7. Departure day counts but your arrival day/morning does not count. I booked on 3/1 and I believe that particular promo ended about a week later, so it's plausible.

It sounds like you booked with the same code I did and now it has repriced the entire itinerary with the BOGOHO promo instead of just the free premium package.

If you used the coupon code BEVERAGES you would have not gotten half off the second persons cruise fare, you would just be getting 2 "free" premium packages (which are reflected no where in what I can see online on my reservation). You're paying for 6 days of the package not 7. Departure day counts but your arrival day/morning does not count. I booked on 3/1 and I believe that particular promo ended about a week later, so it's plausible.

It sounds like you booked with the same code I did and now it has repriced the entire itinerary with the BOGOHO promo instead of just the free premium package.

I do not even see the Beverage package listed that I purchased it on RCCL!

I am on hold now. What the heck am I asking them to do? I am SO confused!

It was hours the other day trying to figure this all out.

I rebooked my new date on March 31 so was the free drink package still in play?

THANK YOU.

Edited by js

I do not even see the Beverage package listed that I purchased it on RCCL!

I am on hold now. What the heck am I asking them to do? I am SO confused!

It was hours the other day trying to figure this all out.

THANK YOU.

The free premium package (not a BOGO deal...you had the option of either one) ended somewhere shortly after a I booked at the first of March. Someone can chime in with a specific date.

Maybe to add some more clarity, I paid $2140 for 2 people, prepaid trips with only free drinks, no BOGO anything. Priced the same way as of right now with the BOGOBEV code, including tips the new total is $2215.00. Only a $75 difference but still more money. Add the third person in to the mix plus the new price and there you go. The $100 OBC is also gone.

Someone had said here that you get a new/update invoice emailed quite a while after booking that will reflect your OBC and drinks.

I would just clarify exactly how you booked previously.

I think a sail away drink to cheers to whatever the heck it is we paid for these drinks is in order!

Edited by paulh84

Terms and conditions state that the package must be booked by April 30th.

Just a warning though. I have a cruise booked for Summer 2016. The cost for a D3 balcony with the promo code (BOGOBEV) is $2,898.96. The cost for a D3 balcony without using the promo code is $2,299.96. That's about $600 more for the cost of the cruise using the promo code. The cost of the premium package for a 7 day cruise is $405 (with the service charge). 50% off is $202.50. So I'd pay $600 more to save about $200. Essentially in the hole $400.

You may want to price the cruise with and without the BOGOBEV promo code.

I found that same trick trying a mock booking. Got so frustrated with Royal I just shut the website down. FYI, I tried the same with an NCL mock booking (which I am considering) and the price did not change when selecting one of their promotions (FREE drink pkg, or free gratuities, etc). IMHO, that is a legitimate promotion...what Royal has been doing is trickery. I don't like it.

The free premium package (not a BOGO deal...you had the option of either one) ended somewhere shortly after a I booked at the first of March. Someone can chime in with a specific date.

Maybe to add some more clarity, I paid $2140 for 2 people, prepaid trips with only free drinks, no BOGO anything. Priced the same way as of right now with the BOGOBEV code, including tips the new total is $2215.00. Only a $75 difference but still more money. Add the third person in to the mix plus the new price and there you go. The $100 OBC is also gone.

Someone had said here that you get a new/update invoice emailed quite a while after booking that will reflect your OBC and drinks.

I would just clarify exactly how you booked previously.

I think a sail away drink to cheers to whatever the heck it is we paid for these drinks is in order!

Forget about sailaway, let's have one now! :)

Thank you for trying to help me, I greatly appreciate it. On with them now, on hold too.

I must have originally had the free drinks. That is where I think it is making me crazy looking at the difference from our booking we changed. Wish we didn't need to change the date but my mom is going to Disney with my sister that date so we had to change.

I have three people booked, my dd, my mom and myself. Leaving my dh and ds at home.

All the numbers come out correctly. It was really the difference of the $400+ that was killing me from my previous booking since the January 31 base price was less. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It is that I had previously booked with the package was free. Thank you so much again! Meet you all on deck for sailaway with our drink package LOL

Called on my cruises yesterday. All of my cruises are higher than I originally paid so if I tried to get the BOGOHO bev pkg it would reprice my cruises at a much higher rate. so not worth it.

I always buy the pkg for myself anyway, but would have done the 1/2 off for hubby if I could have. He only wants a few a day so would have been worth it but not at the price of repricing my cruises!

Sorry for the delay, the 4th was my anniversary then we had family for Christmas, I was unable to call until today.... and I promised a response...

Basically the guy didn't have a clue and couldn't do anything from his end.. he offered to contact me to someone higher up, but I had a long wait time at that point and was frazzled...

I had been debating between Allure and Harmony and the reason I was going with Allure was this deal, but after all the hassle, I decided.. I just booked Harmony with the guy while on the phone... because I didn't want to have to call back again.

So I don't really have a reason for you. Maybe I would have gotten one had I been more patient... but after an hour on hold.. I just wasn't patient any longer.

The BOGOBEV promo prices out higher because it automatically adds the Premium beverage packages to the reservation. You will not have to add the beverage package separately like you usually do.

Adding BOGOBEV should increase your cruise total by $600 instead of the usual $800 that two premium beverage packages would cost because the second package is only $200 instead of $400.

And for those having problems getting it to price correctly online - it doesn't appear to be loaded correctly for all cruises in the system but they are able to correct it when it doesn't show up right. Happy to help anyone who needs assistance with it.

Edited by wdw84
more info

The BOGOBEV promo prices out higher because it automatically adds the Premium beverage packages to the reservation. You will not have to add the beverage package separately like you usually do.

Adding BOGOBEV should increase your cruise total by $600 instead of the usual $800 that two premium beverage packages would cost because the second package is only $200 instead of $400.

And for those having problems getting it to price correctly online - it doesn't appear to be loaded correctly for all cruises in the system but they are able to correct it when it doesn't show up right. Happy to help anyone who needs assistance with it.

That would explain the $600 increase. This should be clearly spelled out in the terms and conditions. Thanks for the information.